This one almost slipped past my radar...see what I did there?
Seriously, it looks pretty cool.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021100/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021100/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival/)
I'm surprised nobody has made one before. The classic "glass hammer" and the damage control effectiveness of the Japanese and American ships made an impact on the margins.
This looks unique enough to be a hit. I guess we'll see when the time comes.
Will give the demo a go. Looks interesting.
Was there something similar to this but with a destroyer - or am I thinking of the board game Picket Duty?
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 13, 2020, 01:22:30 PM
This one almost slipped past my radar...see what I did there?
I raise my CAP to you sir !
I think you stirred the Hornet's nest with this thread JH.
Saw a let's play stream the other day about it. This game kind of reminds me of UBoot. Looks cool but if it's anything like UBoot I fear it might get boring fast.
I don't think it will make any Halsey of Fame though.
A very Enterprising idea.
Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 14, 2020, 04:19:27 PM
A very Enterprising idea.
I think you're getting carriered away
Quote from: WYBaugh on October 14, 2020, 06:34:47 PM
I think you're getting carriered away
I disagree. I think it's quite Intrepid.
:-[
Quote from: Gusington on October 14, 2020, 07:24:10 PM
:-[
Oh come on Gus. Don't chose this to be your Yorktown.
:-[ :-[
Was just coming here to add this to a "Did you know" thread, but wound up wishlisting here so instead...!
I call a penalty on Sir Andrew D for excessive punning.
His punishment - watching the AU-Georgia game again, sober.
Come on guys, guys, Gus is just sad that none of your puns ends up being Hancock joke, or like the French would say, all about l'Essex. :hide:
Sorry. I am afraid it's very Leyte for that kind of humor though #:-)
You guys are starting to make me Furious with all these Ardent puns. Up to now this thread had been quite Illustrious.
Nah, RN puns are too easy, no game! :-\
I will be Implacable about it! ^-^
It's be Courageous to try to go to RN carrier names.
As to Airboy's suggestion, my spirit us quite Indomitable but not enough to watch that game again!
Perhaps in the future we might be Victorious and have some Vengeance!
:-[ :-[ :-[
Way to torpedo a thread about a really interesting indie game. Your shame will live in infamy.
As long as RyanE is still buoyant as ever, I am good.
Brits too easy huh? How 'bout this? HI, YO. You be a HO for SHO if you think ISE (I know it was a BB/CV) easy to KAGA-up with something Japanese. TAI-it HO. :hug:
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 15, 2020, 09:27:47 AM
Way to torpedo a thread about a really interesting indie game. Your shame will live in infamy.
No need to be Furious and Vindictive! I feel my Formidable reputation remains Illustrious.
Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2020, 12:45:28 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 15, 2020, 09:27:47 AM
Way to torpedo a thread about a really interesting indie game. Your shame will live in infamy.
No need to be Furious and Vindictive! I feel my Formidable reputation remains Illustrious.
You are Incorrigible.
He certainly has de Gaulle to keep at it.
:pullhair:
On the surface, it just seems like "half-a-game" to me. Kind of like how Matrix' "Carrier Deck" seems to be "half-a-game".
I do want to be proved wrong, so am following; curious to see how folks think this plays.
For all I know, we may only be midway through it!
(Dad served on the Midway carrier, and group, during his Vietnam tour. :coolsmiley: )
Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2020, 02:49:34 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2020, 02:24:24 PM
:pullhair:
My work here is done.
Were we playing golf, sir, I'd consider this thread to be an Eagle. Were you creating an Internet-posting
curriculum vitae, this thread would undoubtedly be the crowning accomplishment of your cee-vee.
I'll certainly admit, Gus seems like he's turning a bit Waspish in this thread.
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 18, 2020, 06:17:56 PM
Were we playing golf, sir, I'd consider this thread to be an Eagle. Were you creating an Internet-posting curriculum vitae, this thread would undoubtedly be the crowning accomplishment of your cee-vee.
I'll certainly admit, Gus seems like he's turning a bit Waspish in this thread.
One could say it's a knockout worthy of a champion Boxer. Sort of like Gerald R. Ford at Yale.
Send all these puns to Shangri-La :uglystupid2:
It doesn't take a degree from Princeton to realize someone needs to show some Independence and get back to talking about carriers!
Ok, now you're just weaving through the thatch like a wildcat.