GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on November 06, 2020, 07:07:46 AM

Title: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: MetalDog on November 06, 2020, 07:07:46 AM


I have to work tomorrow, so, that will curtail the usual weekend game playing festivities.  As for what I will be playing, pretty sure you all could recite it along with me: Civ IV BtS, and duel in the Arena.  If that changes, y'all will be the first to know.  Happy weekend, Grogs!!
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2020, 07:56:37 AM
The usual DCS, but will also play more Enter he Radius. This game is really awesome. I mentioned  in last week's thread. It's STALKER or Metro Exodus, but in VR. Very cool gunplay, and scavenging around Russian swamps and deserted towns in VR is extremely immersive and creepy. Overall, it's very well done and the search for more loot is highly addictive.

With any additional time, Door Kickers 2, Tear Down and I keep pushing myself to sink back into Aurora.

Everyone have fun.

Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 08:34:27 AM
World of Tanks / Warships has wandered its way back in from the cold in my gaming carousel (playing as hated SPGs never gets old), so there's that.  I'll reach Tier 10 in some line or another at some point before I turn 55, I think...maybe.

See ya out there, folks, and hug your dogs.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 06, 2020, 08:50:32 AM
Last weekend of soccer for my oldest so I'll be at the fields and then need to do some shopping.

Kind of in a gaming rut right now. 2000 games in my steam tube and nothing to play. I'm sure I'll find something to do though.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: MengJiao on November 06, 2020, 09:31:23 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 08:34:27 AM
World of Tanks / Warships has wandered its way back in from the cold in my gaming carousel (playing as hated SPGs never gets old), so there's that.  I'll reach Tier 10 in some line or another at some point before I turn 55, I think...maybe.

See ya out there, folks, and hug your dogs.

Yeah!!!  I'm back at World of Warships too. 
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: W8taminute on November 06, 2020, 09:54:47 AM
Dominions 5 PBEM
Field of Glroy Empires PBEM
Emperor of The Fading Sun
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 10:38:45 AM
Work and family driving me to the brink of insanity this week. I need to chill. Luckily Victor Vran is more fun than I ever deserved it to be. But it is quite frenetic so it doesn't do much to relax me. I need to ease into a strategy game at some point.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Anguille on November 06, 2020, 10:44:05 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 10:38:45 AM
Work and family driving me to the brink of insanity this week. I need to chill. Luckily Victor Vran is more fun than I ever deserved it to be. But it is quite frenetic so it doesn't do much to relax me. I need to ease into a strategy game at some point.
Yeah, Victor Vran is fun indeed!

I recommend you to check out Rise of  Venice if you need something to relax (that or Port Royale 3).
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: CJReich46 on November 06, 2020, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I gave it  a "test dive" during the Matrix/Slytherine demo weekend. (With ICBM) and what I liked about it is it reminded me of Terror from the Deep, (never played) but it had that vibe.  It's tough, combat is not a mandatory option you can run if you need to, and in some cases I recommend it. There's some baddies that will kill you if you come in with the wrong type party. Also, you have to watch your oxygen levels, or you will get hypoxia and then insanity....and you lose control of that character.  But it has a great X-Com vibe.  I liked it.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 12:49:09 PM
I actually don't have Rise of Venice after successfully fighting the urge to buy it steeply discounted about 100 times. Worth getting eh?
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: airboy on November 06, 2020, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I'm enjoying it - but even on easy it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, no manual so it is trial and error learning curve.  I'm about to restart the game because I figured out some of how to play while getting my officer killed.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: nelmsm on November 06, 2020, 09:08:32 PM
Volunteering to work at the lodge toy run tomorrow so gaming time will be curtailed somewhat. If any time after PBEM files then it will be Hearts of Iron IV or maybe Surviving the Aftermath but I did pick the Persia DLC for Fields of Glory Empires....
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Myrmidon on November 07, 2020, 06:54:24 AM
Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me.  When I'm not taking my turns, I'll be continuing my Dwarf Fortress.  Fighting off invasion, hosting people at the Inn, smelting ores non-stop, dealing with moody dwarves...

Every time I ponder upgrading my monitor or system, I realize that the majority of my time now is in playing these relatively low graphics games.  The wrap around monitors are awesome looking, but will Dwarf Fortress really look that much better on one? :nerd:
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 07, 2020, 11:18:41 AM
Mostly yard work ahead of the impending storm coming close by. I managed to get a shot of this little guy filling-up his tank too.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: airboy on November 07, 2020, 11:29:47 AM
Hard to get any hummingbird picture to turn out unless it is feeding.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Sir Slash on November 07, 2020, 11:36:47 AM
They are fast little buggers. This guy has an emerald green body when the sunlight hits him just right. I love to watch them, just don't blink.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: jamus34 on November 07, 2020, 11:38:53 AM
My parents have had hummingbird feeders out since they moved to western NC.

One year the birds were so comfortable with them when the feeders ran out the birds would stalk my dad who typically would be working in the garage and buzz him until he refilled it.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: CJReich46 on November 07, 2020, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 06, 2020, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: airboy on November 06, 2020, 09:35:13 AM
I'm playing Stirring Abyss - it is a squad, turn based, Lovecraftian horror, survival RPG distributed by Slitherine.  Think Jagged Alliance with a disabled sub on the bottom of the Atlantic facing Lovecraftian monsters while trying to get the sub back in action.  Barely into it, but it has been different and interesting.

Saw that and am interested; please give a trip report on it at some point if you can.

I'm enjoying it - but even on easy it is very difficult.  Unfortunately, no manual so it is trial and error learning curve.  I'm about to restart the game because I figured out some of how to play while getting my officer killed.

If I can recall, restarting it isn't a bad thing, you might get a different officer who might be better. That's my experience in the demo.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: W8taminute on November 07, 2020, 06:34:35 PM
Cool pics Sir Slash. 
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Anguille on November 08, 2020, 08:26:07 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2020, 12:49:09 PM
I actually don't have Rise of Venice after successfully fighting the urge to buy it steeply discounted about 100 times. Worth getting eh?
If i remember well, you have played Grand Ages: Medieval so you should be familiar with the system. It's even easier because the cities alreay exist and you can focus on trade. Wouldn't buy it at full price. Imo go for the mood you prefer...I have a small preference for Port Royale but Venice is fun as well...very relaxing.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Crossroads on November 08, 2020, 11:13:55 AM
Playing my first ever game with Tiller's Squad Battle, with Advance of the Reich. I am an early war buff, so once I had a chance to play an old SB (and ASL) veteran it, bought it. So much easier to get into a new game with some one walking you through your very first scenario.

With Tiller Winter Sales coming up, I absolutely will get the Winter War game next.
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:10:19 PM
I am terrible at Grand Ages: Medieval...and I wanted to love that game 😥
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Anguille on November 08, 2020, 01:49:33 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 01:10:19 PM
I am terrible at Grand Ages: Medieval...and I wanted to love that game 😥
Don't worry. Both games are much easier...
Title: Re: Take Me FRI-DAY
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2020, 04:51:34 PM
 8)