GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: MetalDog on November 13, 2020, 07:17:25 AM

Title: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: MetalDog on November 13, 2020, 07:17:25 AM


The new track from Royal Blood.  It's goooood!

Taking a break from Civ mp.  Have Arena and lots of chores and football on tap for the weekend.  There will definitely be something else, too.  Maybe Dom 5 or pick up Pillars Of Eternity again.  Happy weekend, Grogs!!
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 13, 2020, 08:28:43 AM
DCS, Enter the Radius, and something with strategery. Not sure what.

Enjoy.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: jamus34 on November 13, 2020, 08:53:44 AM
I have yard cleanup, a dump run and some follow up finish work in some home projects.

On the gaming side probably some Arena, maybe some Factorio and would like to play something RPGish but not sure what, maybe Pillars / Skyrim / Witcher 3
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 13, 2020, 09:17:05 AM
AC Valhalla, Call of Duty Cold War, and Football Manager 2021....I'll try and start with those but likely will be sidetracked by football and chores:)
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: MengJiao on November 13, 2020, 09:23:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 13, 2020, 08:28:43 AM
DCS, Enter the Radius, and something with strategery. Not sure what.

Enjoy.

  Yep...DCS, CLOD TOBRUK, the Avalonian Afrika Korps (not Operation E) and Boardgames.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 11:53:42 AM
Grim how is the new COD?

A few nights ago I went back to Vampyr, which I rated as my worst disappointment from last year...and I love it now :/

I have about 12 hours into the game, understand it's systems better and enjoy it so much more than I did last year. It takes place in London just after WWI, during the Spanish flu, so seeing characters wearing face masks and discussing the disease is presciently creepy.

Also weird how a game I really did not like now I really do like.

Beyond that, taking a tally of all the games that I own that directly or indirectly cover the First World War...about to dive in to the huge stack of WWI books I have and I have stockpiled games for this moment. Most likely will start playing those games on the soon-to-be-purchased rig.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: airboy on November 13, 2020, 01:18:04 PM
I am "deep" into Stirring Abyss.  This has been a surprisingly good game. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: 88mmkwk on November 13, 2020, 01:44:42 PM
Two weeks after multi-level cervical disk replacement surgery, I am still on doctor-ordered bed rest (aka free computer gaming time).  But watching the Master's might dig into my plan this weekend.

Several years after buying it, I'm just now getting into Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa.  Starting out as the Russians while I'm learning.  Seems like a really well done game, but I've picked up that sales weren't sufficient for the amount of work it took Vic to create it.  So no future additional DC modules apparently.  :(

Also eyeing the new SGS Afrika Korp. $20 on Steam doesn't seem so bad and it looks to be easy to get into....

Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: WYBaugh on November 13, 2020, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: 88mmkwk on November 13, 2020, 01:44:42 PM
Two weeks after multi-level cervical disk replacement surgery, I am still on doctor-ordered bed rest (aka free computer gaming time).  But watching the Master's might dig into my plan this weekend.

Several years after buying it, I'm just now getting into Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa.  Starting out as the Russians while I'm learning.  Seems like a really well done game, but I've picked up that sales weren't sufficient for the amount of work it took Vic to create it.  So no future additional DC modules apparently.  :(

Also eyeing the new SGS Afrika Korp. $20 on Steam doesn't seem so bad and it looks to be easy to get into....

Sorry to hear that.  I had C5-6 fused in the late 90's.  Recovery was a little long for me because the surgeon just inserted the bone into fusion and had to wait for it to fuse rather than tie it in.  But it was the best thing I did to get rid of the pain that I was living with.

Get better soon!
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 02:05:24 PM
Jesus, heal up 88.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: 88mmkwk on November 13, 2020, 02:15:20 PM
Thanks for the healing well-wishes, guys!

I was fortunate to only need disk replacement at C4/C5 and C5/C6 without needing a fusion.  The herniated disks were pinching the nerve going down my left shoulder and arm.  It all happened REALLY fast, and I lost 50% of my left arm strength in a matter of months.  I still have some shoulder pain, but that is due to 2 torn tendons that will also likely need surgery later.  Trust me when I say that it is surreal just how quickly our bodies can degrade when all the "needed pieces" aren't working properly!  The good news is because it happened quickly, there is no permanent nerve damage and I start PT next week to get the strength back.  Gotta hit PT hard so i don't walk around with a pencil for a left arm.

I am off work for three months for healing.  And despite how I thought I would feel, after two weeks of being home all day long, I actually am anxious to get back to work (IT Manager).  But lots of folks have told me that I have one shot for this to heal properly, and then I will deal with that end state for the rest of my days.  So I am taking it slow and steady....
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 03:09:03 PM
That sounds excruciating.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: 88mmkwk on November 13, 2020, 06:48:40 PM
Getting older is generally somewhat excruciating...  :o
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 06:55:11 PM
I am beginning to learn your ways. And not really enjoying it.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: airboy on November 13, 2020, 07:05:36 PM
Get well soon!
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Ubercat on November 13, 2020, 07:40:47 PM
When I saw the thread title I got excited, thinking it might be this song.



Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 07:54:47 PM
Primus...God help us all.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Ubercat on November 13, 2020, 08:11:24 PM
You don't like Primus? I'm sort of sorry that I didn't know about them 25 years ago. I knew the name but assumed they were just some dumb heavy metal band who knew a few power cords and that was all they had, like a Metallica clone or something. That's what I thought, just from the name. I only really discovered them in the last year or so. If I'd taken a risk buying one of their CD's back in the 90's, I'd have ended up buying every one!
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 08:14:09 PM
No just the opposite. They are rock gods to me. They just don't make bands like that anymore. Les Claypool is a 20th century Jesus with a bass.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Ubercat on November 13, 2020, 08:35:07 PM
Holy Shit!

I just discovered something in that video. If you pause it at 4:05 you see on the table the weird little doll on a bicycle that is on the cover of Green Naugahyde, the album that this song is on. Cool.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2020, 10:11:48 PM
Primus is one of the most Easter egg-laden bands ever.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Sir Slash on November 13, 2020, 11:02:10 PM
CMFI, Trying to get some very stubborn Germans off of, "Bizzaro Ridge" as the 82nd Airborne and getting my ass handed to me surrounded by the lovely Sicilian countryside. Get well 88.  :bd:
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: jamus34 on November 13, 2020, 11:26:00 PM


On of my personal favorites
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 14, 2020, 12:04:32 AM
Me too! See my avatar for reference.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: MetalDog on November 14, 2020, 02:30:23 AM
Saw Faith No More open for Metallica and GnR at the Citrus Bowl in '93.  Watched them and Metallica then went back to the van to try and catch a few winks.
Title: Re: FRIDAY's Coming
Post by: Gusington on November 14, 2020, 03:53:33 PM
My friends got tickets to that show in NYC and I didn't. I'm still bitter. I did see Faith No More at the Paramount (small 1500 person theater inside Madison Square Garden) about three years ago and it was a great show, so there's that.