GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2021, 09:04:33 PM

Title: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2021, 09:04:33 PM
So this little indie game out of Bangladesh of all places is supposedly pretty damn good and it is being hailed as the closest thing to SWAT 4 since...SWAT 4. Its still under development, but making strong progress. It is presently on sale at 40% off for a total of $7.19. Anybody have any interest in picking up to play?

It has co-op squads against the enemy AI with strong pre-mission planning options and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

So...any takers?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1359090/Zero_Hour/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1359090/Zero_Hour/)

(https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1359090/ss_e3753972cdc6756ef7fc0c477922dfad7d338106.1920x1080.jpg?t=1612887037)

(https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1359090/ss_124a9391060753f776f14a27ad3b7fb06c9093f1.1920x1080.jpg?t=1612887037)

(https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1359090/ss_1e59586e349b6ec092a98ee0d032d92822989341.1920x1080.jpg?t=1612887037)

(https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1359090/ss_0daa437e2aea649bd3e5d9aa650f9517686ffaf8.1920x1080.jpg?t=1612887037)

(https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/1359090/ss_15a83c672c4184442239275bd68f537664c37829.1920x1080.jpg?t=1612887037)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 14, 2021, 09:09:15 PM
Woah.  At $7 I can't say no to a SWAT successor.  I'll take one for the team  :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2021, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on February 14, 2021, 09:09:15 PM
Woah.  At $7 I can't say no to a SWAT successor.  I'll take one for the team  :knuppel2:

Nice...I don't think I have you on steam. What's your name?
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 14, 2021, 09:13:05 PM
Same as on here, without the underscore.  I think I added a URL to the Steam users thread.  Shoot me an invite.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on February 14, 2021, 09:25:29 PM
Holy shitballs. What game engine are they using?
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 15, 2021, 12:46:53 AM
I'm in.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2021, 08:13:58 AM
Cooool. We need one more for a complete GH squad.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: JasonPratt on February 15, 2021, 11:49:53 AM
I bought in, but winter weather around here could easily nix playing time at any time until next week.  :pullhair:
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: JasonPratt on February 15, 2021, 11:50:45 AM
In other words, I think it's a good idea to have seven or eight GHs for the squad, to adjust for availability.  O:-)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 15, 2021, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2021, 11:50:45 AM
In other words, I think it's a good idea to have seven or eight GHs for the squad, to adjust for availability.  O:-)

More is always better...but this initial elite team of GH super tier 1 operatives is very promising.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 15, 2021, 11:18:09 PM
The enemy AI seems fairly janky at the moment, but this has a ton of potential and I love the basic mechanics.  Anybody tried PVP yet?

The game is tough as balls in solo and definitely brings back that strong SWAT 4 nostalgia.   :smitten:
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 15, 2021, 11:49:32 PM
Holy crap, the MAC-10 clone is a LOT of fun.  Spraying people down is so goddang satisfying.   :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 19, 2021, 03:03:20 PM
God damn these missions are hard!

I finally cracked the first one. A buddy and I played last night and it gave me a few ideas.  Solo'd it this morning and was able to beat the first level.   90/100 final score.  I lost 10 points for excessive use of force.  I question the penalties.  It was proportional, damn it!  God damned liberal media....

Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: JasonPratt on February 19, 2021, 04:25:29 PM
I definitely need to finish the tutorials!
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 24, 2021, 08:29:38 PM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 19, 2021, 03:03:20 PM
God damn these missions are hard!

I finally cracked the first one. A buddy and I played last night and it gave me a few ideas.  Solo'd it this morning and was able to beat the first level.   90/100 final score.  I lost 10 points for excessive use of force.  I question the penalties.  It was proportional, damn it!  God damned liberal media....

Out of curiosity, did you shut off the breaker, or find that it hindered more than helped?
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on February 24, 2021, 08:57:23 PM
Holy crap, I finally cracked the first mission.  Got 4 penalties for unauthorized force.  One of them was because I got startled and shot the gun out of someone's hand before they could react (I think they would have surrendered anyway).  The second was when I got startled and shot someone who was surrendering point blank in the chest.   :-"  I'm not sure what the other 2 were from, but I assume they were from reacting too quickly and shooting someone before they could choose between "surrender" or "fight."  Compared to SWAT 4, it's quite a bit harder to distinguish the animations (or I'm not used to them yet).  It would be cool if they add the "fake surrender" animations from SWAT.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 25, 2021, 11:04:33 AM
I got 90/100 on mission 1, 100/100 on mission 2 (it was very easy).  3 of us tackled mission 3 and managed to get 40/100 as it's even tougher than mission one but the advancement parameters are easier.  Currently stuck on mission 4.  Its fun but very tough as there's a time limit.  I've come very close to beating it a few times but always manage to catch a round or walk into a tripwire just as I'm about to complete the objectives.  My best is 30/100 so far.  Need 40 to advance 
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: zenolover1 on February 26, 2021, 10:14:40 PM
I like it. Its cheap, and the devs seem to work fast. Its got some issues but nothing that would majorily turn me off from it. I especially love the PvP, when you get people with mics it becomes really really fun.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Skoop on August 25, 2021, 05:37:56 PM
Currently 40% off and under 8 bucks.  Games a steal even at full price.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 25, 2021, 05:44:56 PM
New patch dropped that added two more missions, some new Rooskie weapons, smoke grenades, and cut scenes.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 25, 2021, 05:46:51 PM
...and another big update just dropped. New maps, weapons, new sounds. First game to model tinnitus as far as I know.

Ninja'd by SDR.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 25, 2021, 06:11:18 PM
(https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BZGtMFTBklg/U2wjiBH2g4I/AAAAAAAAFsk/lq6DITihqe4/s1600/Ninja+8.gif)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on August 25, 2021, 07:57:15 PM
^SDR is not fooling around today.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: al_infierno on August 25, 2021, 08:59:46 PM
Does he ever?   ^-^
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on August 25, 2021, 09:18:29 PM
Sometimes he disapproves of such dourness :)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 25, 2021, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 25, 2021, 09:18:29 PM
Sometimes he disapproves of such dourness :)

But he does so in silence.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on August 26, 2021, 03:21:27 PM
^Almost like he's not even here. Then he de-cloaks...and disapproves again.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 26, 2021, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2021, 03:21:27 PM
^Almost like he's not even here. Then he de-cloaks...and disapproves again.

It's all very mechanical. Almost robotic.
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on August 26, 2021, 03:37:53 PM
 :))
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 27, 2021, 09:01:04 AM
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LAPo1dgrHms/hqdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Gusington on August 27, 2021, 09:51:12 AM
 :smitten:
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: Destraex on June 14, 2025, 04:26:27 AM
So this is listed as releasing in 2024 and was $1.50 on greenman.
A friend grabbed myself and 4 others a key hoping to play with us so I installed it. Not a bad game really.
Reminds me of the old SWAT for sure.

As I understand it both the publisher and developer are from bangladesh. The initial agreement I notice has you giving your IP address, programs in ram and other info for protection purposes.

A little confusing but it seems to use denuvo according to a lot of people but does not mention it?

Anyways it can be played solo or coop or even PVP. Graphics are a bit dated but the game seems to be pretty solid and fun.

(https://i.imgur.com/UabN2Hp.png)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: mbar on June 15, 2025, 08:31:57 PM
I really took to Zero Hour. I bought and played it when it was around $12(USD) full price and i think it has been as low as $6. A great value and an over looked gem with giants like Ready or Not or Ground Branch. The devs have added a bunch of content since I've purchased it. It is not perfect. Loadouts need to be selected each time. But other than that it is entertaining doing Lone Wolf missions and clearing the map. I bought Ready or Not and Ground Branch but I've spent the most hours in Zero Hour (62) and it is still on my hard drive. (YMMV)
Title: Re: Zero Hour
Post by: mbar on November 14, 2025, 08:14:59 PM
Zero Hour is free on Epic until Nov 20th
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/zero-hour-8449a0