GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2021, 07:05:24 AM

Title: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2021, 07:05:24 AM


Valheim, Lock 'N Load, DCS, maybe some warhammer Gladius and lord knows what else.

Everybody have a good one.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Geezer on February 26, 2021, 07:11:40 AM
Dyson Sphere Program, beta testing a game whose name cannot be spoken.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 07:42:56 AM
Again, I fall prey to Ubi's Division 2 franchise as I roam the mean streets of D.C. and New York just blowing the hell out of everything.

My "perfect world," setup for the game would be to have the leveling stuff stay but do away with gear nonsense and have more of a Breakpoint feel with things there, but still can't complain too much as it has that "one more mission," thing that just makes me ignore the Mrs. and tune the world out for a few hours.

Have fun, folks, and be safe!
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Destraex on February 26, 2021, 08:48:17 AM
Steel Division 2
Star Citizen

Maybe some holdfast.

(https://i.imgur.com/o6t7BA4.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/Dpe7beM.png)

https://i.imgur.com/qOkcRrm.mp4
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: W8taminute on February 26, 2021, 09:11:36 AM
Now that's a good song to listen to on a Friday. 
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
Hahaha great song choice. And Friday has always had a great ass. Just sayin'.

Knee deep into Total War: Thrones of Britannia and enjoying it. It is a good appetizer for my next AAA game plunge, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. It beckons.

Beyond that, Attila TW with the 1212AD mod and Enderal: Forgotten Stories, with perhaps a smattering of Curse of the Dead Gods.

Dammit Carl how is, or, is there any, single player fun to be had in The Division 2? That game is like the fantasy PC game for me except it is MMO. If there is any single player content at all I must have it. One of the DLCs is even set where I grew up (Coney Island).
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
Dammit Carl how is, or, is there any, single player fun to be had in The Division 2? That game is like the fantasy PC game for me except it is MMO. If there is any single player content at all I must have it. One of the DLCs is even set where I grew up (Coney Island).

I've honestly only ever played/am playing it as a single player; the missions you get can be done with others or you can do it by your lonesome - I think the game scales opponents per how many Players are running the mission, but am not sure.  Now, if you do Dark Zone runs (going off of my Div 1 play) and you come across a group of other Players in there and you are by yourself, you will die and die quickly.

I've not gotten too far in Div 2 play in NYC, I'm afraid.  I took my first character who was at level 14/15 in D.C. and went with the option of upping his level in order to go to NYC.  Once there, I promptly started bagging Cleaners and got a little ways in before creating yet another character and starting the D.C. run all over again. :bd:

Hope that answers your question some as I'm prone to ramble a bit.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: MengJiao on February 26, 2021, 09:47:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 09:26:03 AM


Beyond that, Attila TW with the 1212AD mod

  That's a fun mod!  But as for me...just Armored Brigade and Board games.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 10:32:06 AM
Dammit Carl! wrong answer...for my wallet. Right answer for me. *goes shopping*

And Meng 1212 is totally epic, and gets updated almost daily with new stuff. It is The Mod of All Mods.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: solops on February 26, 2021, 10:32:43 AM
TW Attila with the Ancient Empires mod. I may be liking it better than Rome 2...too early to be sure.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 12:33:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 10:32:06 AM
Dammit Carl! wrong answer...for my wallet. Right answer for me. *goes shopping*

I'd say sorry, but I do so love the Division games.  Hell, I'm gonna buy Division merch one of these days for sure.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: MengJiao on February 26, 2021, 01:16:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 10:32:06 AM
Dammit Carl! wrong answer...for my wallet. Right answer for me. *goes shopping*

And Meng 1212 is totally epic, and gets updated almost daily with new stuff. It is The Mod of All Mods.

  I loved 1212.  Might get back to it some time.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 01:21:40 PM
Total disclosure...I own the first Division game, never played it, so I installed it and since Carl has done the whole 2nd game solo, I see no reason why the first one can't also be played solo.

But first I will be starting a 1212 campaign, probably as one of the Greek/Byzantine factions. There are so many to choose that it makes me dizzy.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 02:36:40 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 01:21:40 PM
Total disclosure...I own the first Division game, never played it, so I installed it and since Carl has done the whole 2nd game solo, I see no reason why the first one can't also be played solo.

Up to you, but would also suggest picking up the Div 1 expansions as well - albeit when they are on sale.  I've not done the "Survival," or "Last Stand,:" side-games, but the "Underground," one is, to me, tons-o-fun, and one that I've spent some time in as well.  Can only hope they come up with something similar to "Underground," for Div 2.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: JasonPratt on February 26, 2021, 02:48:56 PM
Been a week or two since I took my new floating castle out for a spin...

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3830/5Q665P.png)

That isn't the starting ship in Warhammer: Man-o-war: Corsair -- as in the title, you start with a Corsair, which is definitely not trash. Pound for pound it may be the best ship in the game. This on the other hand is a big bulky Imperial Greatship, albeit originally one from Kislev, which got overrun with zombies.... To quote Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun, "It's a long story, but kind of a short one." (A lot of Corsair fits that description. ;) )

My rough goal in the game has been to work my way around the coastline to a multi-nation confederation in the south where I'm hoping to find a dwarven port who will one way or another provide me with a dwarven steamship, as I'm very curious about how it runs. Until then I'm probably committed to getting this thing upgraded as far as possible. As much as I kind of miss my Corsair (the "Nieceae", parked at a warehouse in Brettonia somewhere), I love being able to hit anything I want from any angle now instead of only by broadsides. The fore and rear guns on this thing are murderous, due to their naturally focused fire. Being able to buy time sailing away from my target while I rip them apart is just the best.  >:D

Naturally, I'll still be buying more guns for all sides eventually. This franchise is where "more dakka" originates.

Otherwise, doing many various mp games, including getting back to a Dominant Species 4-player match tomorrow on Tabletop Simulator.

(https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/3195/U7EJ8u.png)
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 02:51:27 PM
No worries Carl, I picked up The Division season pass last year on sale some time so I have all the DLCs too.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 03:01:01 PM
I'll dial it back now, but I'm all fangirly for the Division.  Weirdly so for a middle-aged man.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 03:34:11 PM
I wasn't going to say anything  :nerd:

I kid!
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: nelmsm on February 26, 2021, 04:19:54 PM
Well mostly yardwork on Saturday but on Sunday it will time to knock out all the PBEM turns I have in my inbox and the time to take the new Imperator Rome patch out for a spin.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Boggit on February 26, 2021, 06:18:52 PM
PBEM with Nelmsm
PBEM FoG x3
SP HOI4
SP Combat Mission
SP FoG2 and FoG Medieval

Some Armored Brigade, Rimworld and Fantasy General Evolution time permitting... might even fire up Steel Division 2 for a first try thanks to Dammit Carl, Destraex and Gus talking about it.

Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Gusington on February 26, 2021, 06:44:49 PM
^Not Steel Division 2, Tom Clancy's The Division 2
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: al_infierno on February 26, 2021, 06:45:55 PM
It's the thought that counts.   :-"
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Destraex on February 26, 2021, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: Boggit on February 26, 2021, 06:18:52 PM
PBEM with Nelmsm
PBEM FoG x3
SP HOI4
SP Combat Mission
SP FoG2 and FoG Medieval

Some Armored Brigade, Rimworld and Fantasy General Evolution time permitting... might even fire up Steel Division 2 for a first try thanks to Dammit Carl, Destraex and Gus talking about it.
Boggit as per above I think most of the others are talking about Tom Clancy's first person shooter Division 2. I am certainly talking about Steel Division 2 though and if you own it; would thoroughly recommend you fire it up, choose a division and create a deck. Then try a skirmish game against very easy AI with that deck. I know a few of us here are sympathetic to Steel Division 2. I am though fairly crazy about it. Because I have 4 friends that play it. It's kinda common ground for us. Not too gamey and not too long winded and complicated. Enough action and fun to be like a computerised tabletop game with all the advantages a computer brings (real time and explosions etc).

Love to hear your thoughts on it if you do play.

Here is a picture of me using a tool to show distance (blue line), hit chance and penetration chance from a Panther A to an Emcha (Russian Sherman tank). I am also using the line of sight tool. All of that red stuff is what the Panther cannot see. You can see the emcha has a red bar above it's icon, this is it's level of suppression thus far, it must have been hit a bit as it seems to be fairly full. The Black Crosses on the german icons represent they are level 1 veterancy, which can be increase by one cross if a leader is nearby. It is a major choice when creating a deck to decide whether to take veterancy or not on your unit cards. You get less units in each card and sometimes are not able use those units in earlier phases with veterancy.

The red and the blue lines that are together around the Panthers indicate the Panthers are surrounded and therefore they will be much more easily suppressed and more likely to surrender if enemy units are very very close. In other words unless they have the immunity effect that some units like paratroopers have, the unit can be overrun if surrounded much more easily than normal.

The circles above the unit heads indicate the main gun reloading. Sometimes this happens if they are changing shell types but most times simply as they reload and fire.

The silver and gold numbers to the right of the icons are the armour thickness at the front glacis and the armour penetration of the gun (at 500m basically, ~10% is deducted every 100m after that) of the main gun.

You can see at 1286m I can hit with a chance of 81% and if I do hit I have a 100% chance of penetrating and then doing damage. APCR rounds though for instance may do very little damage but penetrate well. It's not complicated but it's as close to a wargame as it is to an RTS.

If you like armoured brigade their is a good chance you will like steel division 2 I would think. I should also mention that their are western divisions in steel division 2.. Americans, Scottish, British, Canadian, Polish, New Zealanders etc. Not sure how many of them are DLC though. So it's not just the Eastern Front you get to play in skirmish mode. The campaigns though are eastern front including Finish DLC campaigns.
(https://i.imgur.com/lyfz5WV.png)

From that sort of scale you can zoom seamlessly to this sort of scale. It's especially fun to watch all the action via the replay facility.
(https://i.imgur.com/wpZax6W.jpg)

Just discovered this guy. He seems to do a good job of the basics but does not know much beyond the basics. It should also be noted that I turn unit scaling OFF so that my units are 1:1 scale with the terrain. But it is probably much easier to leave scaling on so that as you zoom out the units get bigger to a point, enabling you to identify them more easily. So in this video units will look slightly bigger than they should be.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: Sir Slash on February 26, 2021, 11:09:59 PM
I was hoping I would be able to crow here about winning Battle Academy: The Western Desert Campaign with a win in battle 8, 'The Final Push'. But it turns out there's a battle 9. So I guess The Final Push was really, The Next To Last Push. Or, The Second From Last Push or whatever. I will continue to push-on in this light but highly addictive game.
Title: Re: I see you FRIDAY, shakin’ that ass
Post by: al_infierno on February 27, 2021, 07:48:11 PM
Valheim is my current obsession, but I've been on a big Red Dead Online kick again.  RDO is not actually that bad if you don't expect too much of it.  It breaks down the gameplay of Red Dead singleplayer to its core essence and lets you do it again and again.  It's lacking and unpolished in a lot of ways, but the world and gunplay are still phenomenal.  In some ways improved, since your character moves a bit faster and less clumsily than Arthur.

Posted some Valheim screenshots in the thread for that game, but felt like sharing this nice little sunset excursion pic here as well.


(https://i.imgur.com/LipUZNq.jpg)