GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Redwolf on February 26, 2021, 12:21:26 PM

Title: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Redwolf on February 26, 2021, 12:21:26 PM
What is the current FPS that people play for this multiplayer style:
- no teamwork, just everybody versus everybody will a kill count
- semi-realistic weapons, no space/sci-fi stuff

I remember I played that in what was it, one of the early Call of Duty games?

I'm so out of the loop. Is Counter-Strike ever played that way and if so are there enough servers with people? What about CoC WW2?
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 26, 2021, 12:31:08 PM
Good question.  Last time I had fun with something like this was a server running Unreal Tournament many, many moons ago.

Miss that sort of action meself.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Redwolf on February 26, 2021, 12:58:45 PM
So all the people are doing team play these days?
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2021, 01:32:25 PM
Give Insurgency: Sandstorm a shot. Its pretty cool. Try a mod called ISMC.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Father Ted on February 26, 2021, 04:35:45 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on February 26, 2021, 12:21:26 PM
What is the current FPS that people play for this multiplayer style:
- no teamwork, just everybody versus everybody will a kill count
- semi-realistic weapons, no space/sci-fi stuff


TBH I don't think there is one!  Insurgency and its brethren are small-scale squad-based shooters (though you can play as lone-wolf).  I've not played them, but how about the Battlefield series?
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2021, 04:40:13 PM
Everything is squad based. No FPS is designed or intended to be played solo. I think there is just varying levels to which the community tolerates solo players.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Thomm on February 26, 2021, 05:36:55 PM
Crazy Shooters 2:  :crazy2:

https://www.freeonlinegames.com/game/crazy-shooters-2 (https://www.freeonlinegames.com/game/crazy-shooters-2)

Jump in, have fun!

I am half-serious here. I played this for too many hours, because it's free and fun.

Best regards
Thomm
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: demjansk1942 on February 26, 2021, 07:25:15 PM
Sorry, I still play battlefield 5
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Destraex on February 26, 2021, 08:05:32 PM
I know counterstrike is still popular or maybe team fortress 2?
Playerunknown battlegrounds is everybody vs everybody as I understand it. But I think you want more quake or unreal tournament style gameplay and playerunknownbattlegrounds is probably slow?
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: zenolover1 on February 26, 2021, 10:16:18 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 26, 2021, 01:32:25 PM
Give Insurgency: Sandstorm a shot. Its pretty cool. Try a mod called ISMC.

I would go for Sandstorm too. It fits perfectly what OP is describing. Pub matches mostly come down to your kill skills than it does really squad based gameplay. You can definitely clutch a map if you are really good.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: hellfish6 on February 27, 2021, 08:04:33 AM
PUBG (https://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS/) seems to be the most popular free-for-all. Maybe Pverwatch too, but I've never played it so I'm not totally sure what it's about. A lot of people also play Escape from Tarkov, but I haven't played it either.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Gusington on February 27, 2021, 01:54:29 PM
^JH likes Escape from Tarkov.
Title: Re: Run-around, everybody against everybody FPS today?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on February 27, 2021, 02:04:20 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 27, 2021, 01:54:29 PM
^JH likes Escape from Tarkov.

Yassy LOVES it.