GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: ArizonaTank on August 26, 2021, 03:28:04 PM

Title: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 26, 2021, 03:28:04 PM
What is everyone's gaming profile in terms of games you love?

Would be interested to see you list 20 of your top games. Could be something you still play or something from long ago.

Not necessarily games you have spent the most time on, but games that left a lasting impression, deep satisfaction and fond memories. Could be anything on a computer: stand alone, multiplayer, MMOs, etc. They don't have to be wargames either.

Of course I could easily list a hundred...but 20 is a manageable number....

List the title, publisher if you know it, and if you still play.

Here are mine (not in any particular order)
_____________________________
-Midwinter - Microprose
-Carrier Command (the original) - Microprose
-Mount and Blade II, Bannerlord - TaleWorlds - still play
-Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin - Battlefront - still play
-Gary Grigsby's War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition - Matrix - still play
-Gary Grigsby's War in the East - Matrix
-EverQuest - Sony
-From the Depths - Brilliant Skies - still play
-TableTop Simulator - Berserk Games - still play
-Vassal - Vassal.org - still play
-M1 Tank Platoon - Microprose
-Red Baron II 3D - Sierra - still play
-Distant Worlds: Universe - Matrix - still play
-Far Cry 2 - Ubisoft
-XCOM 2 - Firaxis - still play
-Command Modern Air / Naval Operations - Matrix - still play
-Battles of Napoleon - SSI
-Age of Rifles - SSI
-Steel Panthers - SSI
-Total War: ROME - Sega - still play (remastered version)
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Gusington on August 26, 2021, 03:43:54 PM
Cool thread. Many of mine are from years ago, on the Amiga or C64, like:

Lords of the Rising Sun
Wings
Defender of the Crown
Gunship!
Airborne Ranger
F19 Stealth Fighter
Shadow of the Beast
Impossible Mission
Arctic Fox
Times of Lore
Beachhead I and II

And then there are more modern games like:

Shogun: Total War
Age of Empires - Age of Kings
Civilization II
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Colony Wars

And then there are my more contemporary favorites:

Skyrim
Assassin's Creed (Origins, Odyssey or Valhalla)
Attila: Total War
The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt
Iron Harvest

And even one game released just last month which is quickly becoming an all time favorite:
The Ascent

I'm sure as this thread grows I'll remember tons more.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 26, 2021, 03:54:54 PM
1.  DCS World
2.  X-Com: UFO Defense
3.  Jane's Series of sims
4.  M1 Tank Platoon II
5.  Gunship 2000
6.  Civilization series
7.  Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord and Barbarossa to Berlin
8.  Homeworld
9.  Operation Flashpoint and ARMA Series
10. Rainbow 6
11. Ghost Recon
12. Deus Ex
13. Mechwarrior 2
14. Distant Worlds
15. B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th
16. Battle of Britain
17. Close Combat
18. Total War Series
19. Master of Orion
20. Emperor of the Fading Suns

Honorable Mention:

Falcon 3.0/4.0
European Air War
Fields of Glory
Age of Rifles
Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War
Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate
Freespace 2
Wing Commander Series
Ground Control
Jagged Alliance
Lords of the Realm II
Panzer General
X-Wing and Tie Fighter
Swat 3
System Shock
Silent Hunter 3
Aces of the Deep
Halo Series
Syndicate
Terra Nova
Nuke War
Half-Life
IL-2 Sturmovik
Kerbal Space Program
Mass Effect
Metal Gear Solid V
Polaris Sector
Castle Wolfenstein
Star Control
Sins of a Solar Empire
Sword of the Stars Stellaris
Splinter Cell
Wargame series
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Father Ted on August 26, 2021, 05:06:25 PM
In vaguely chronological order:

Simcity 2000
Speedball 2
Chuck Yeager's Air Combat
Doom 2

gap here (Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Legend of Zelda)

Operation Flashpoint
Battle of Britain
Shogun Total War
Combat Mission BB
Red Orchestra
Darkest Hour*
IL2 Sturmovik 46*
Planetside 2*
Arma 3
Flashpoint Campaigns
Advance Tactics Gold
Scourge of War: Napoleon
Rise of Flight*
Combat Mission x2*
WItW
IL2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus*
Shadow Empires

* = those with the biggest influence

Just did this on the spur of the moment, so may have missed a few keepers

Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 26, 2021, 11:59:25 PM
Civilization and IL2 1946...very good memories!!!
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: KR777 on August 27, 2021, 05:34:35 AM
YOU GUYS!... are either very old  ;) OR spend a lot of time playing computer games  :o OR just play a lot of computer games (without spending much time on each)  :P

:-\ :idiot2:

Great lists anyway! Cheers! (I won't come up with my own list, 20 would be already a stretch)
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Anguille on August 27, 2021, 06:38:41 AM
From the top of my head:

1. Master of Orion 1-4 series (Microprose, Infogrames, Wargaming) - still play
2. Civil War: Robert E. Lee and Civil War: Generals (Sierra) - still play but not often
3. Knights of Honor (Sunflowers) - still play but not often
4. Celtic Kings Rage of War, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars and Imperivm: Great battles of Rome. Still play.
5. Glory of the Roman Empire - still play
5. City-builders series (Caesar 2, Caesar 3, Emperor: rise of the middle Kingdom, etc.) by Sierra. Still play but not often.
6. Imperium Galactica - still play (not often
7. Armada 2526 (Matrix/Iceberg) - still play (not often)
8. Civilization 6 (2K) - still play
9. Horizon (Iceberg) - still play
10. Aggressors: Ancient Rome (Slitherine) - still play
11. Fields of Glory (Microprose) - not playing much
12. Age of Empires 1 - not playing much
13. Spartan & Gates of Troy (Slitherine) - not often
14. Rising Kingdoms (Black Bean) - not often
15. Waterloo: Napoleon's last battle - still play.
16. Star Trek: birth of the Federation (Microprose) - still play
17. Conquest: frontier wars (Ubisoft) - still play.
18. Lords of the Realm 2 - haven't played for long.
19. Omerta - City of Gangsters (Kalypso) - haven't played for a while.
20. Port Royale 2 (Ascaron) - haven't played for a while.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Tripoli on August 27, 2021, 11:48:32 AM
Still Play


No longer Play, but have very fond memories:
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Phantom on August 27, 2021, 01:04:58 PM
In no particular order (play them all on & off)

Decisive Campaigns (Barbarossa, Case Blue & Warsaw...)
Twilight Struggle
Action PC Football
Silent Hunter (Usually 3 - Grey Wolves mod)
Cold Waters
IL2 Sturmovik
Russo German War (Schwerepunkt)
Combat Mission (Normandy & Shock Force)
Tigers on the Hunt (looking at upgrade - maybe Valor & Victory)
Atlantic fleet
Asetto Corsa
Space Empires V
Buzz Aldrins Race into Space (still don't think the "upgrades" are as good gameplay wise).
Privateers Bounty (though largely replaced with miniature game Post Captain)
The Golf Club
Wings over Europe & Vietnam
Fields of Glory (Ancients)
,,,,,oh, and Labyrinth, War on Terror, sadly topical.

plus quite a few board games on Vassal or PC conversions.








Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Hot lead and dirty talk! on August 27, 2021, 02:23:10 PM
I mine as well join the rest of you nerds.

My list is not in a favorite order but close to earliest to latest.

NFL Challenge-XOR
Castle Wolfenstein-Including the 90's ID Software versions
Police Quest Series-Sierra
Ultimate General
Red Baron
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Aces over Europe/Pacific
SEAL Team-EA
Tony LaRussa's Baseball
Campaign Series Rising Sun
SPWAW-SPWW2
Morrowind
Rainbow Six
Ghost Recon
Squad Battles
Wings over Flanders Field
Panzer Battles

and im sure a missed one or two
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Sir Slash on August 28, 2021, 09:24:34 PM
Not a wargame, but no list of great games should leave out Planescape Torment. Just saying.  O0
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: CapnKirk on August 29, 2021, 09:16:40 AM
Tapper
Mechwarrior 2
Caesar III
Pharaoh
Stronghold Crusader
Stronghold 2
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2
Civ 4
Majesty
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War
Shogun Total War
Order of Battle
Legion
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Medieval Total War
Rome Total War
JTS Squad Battles
Star Trek Starfleet Command
Titan Quest
Tiberian sun
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 30, 2021, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: CapnKirk on August 29, 2021, 09:16:40 AM
...
Star Trek Starfleet Command
...

Excellent game, I had forgotten about that one...  after some consideration, it should be on my list as well..
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: W8taminute on August 30, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
Great idea for a thread.  I'll follow up later when I have access to my Steam account and show you what my top 20 most played games are according to Steam. 

....
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: SlagDog on August 30, 2021, 03:38:29 PM
Wow, This one made me think. It's been a long ride and there is no way I can remember all of them but I will list a few that made an impact on me:

Zork - yes the original - I played it on my Franklin 3000 when I was 14 years old. I hated it and craved graphics
Ultima 1, 2, 3
Wizardry all of them
Lode Runner

the old Age of Sails on my Apple 2c with a monochrome screen
Old SSI turn based war games - can't remember a single title

Prince of Persia on the same computer

Lords of the Realm 1 and 2

Total War Medieval
Total War Med 2
Rome Total War
Shogun Total War

Red Baron - L O V E that game. Dynamix were my heroes
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe

Duke Nukem "Hail to the King BABY!" Every single one of them (except for the last one that sucked hard)
Diablo
Diablo 2

Every single Elder Scrolls game were amazing since Daggerfall (Arena and Battlespire were meh)

Everquest
Everquest 2
WoW (I will admit that I played for about 3 years)
Elder Scrolls Online

Fallen Enchantress (love the game, can't stand the color palette)
Distant Worlds (amazing game - why don't I play more of this  :crazy2:)
Gal Civ 2 and 3
Age of Wonders 3 (One of my favs)
Civilization 5

Unreal Tournament 2004 and above (It's a family thing. To this day my three girls (27, 24, and 20) and I slug it out around Christmas time every year)

Cities Skyline

I better stop as this list is getting long in the tooth . . . like me  ;D


Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Father Ted on August 30, 2021, 04:52:00 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on August 26, 2021, 05:06:25 PM

Just did this on the spur of the moment, so may have missed a few keepers

As I suspected - need to add Command Ops
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Lotti Fuehrscheim on August 30, 2021, 06:56:14 PM
I played wargames mostly as boardgames
- ASL
- Richard Berg: Civil War, ancient battles
- The Gamers various series
Then when I started computer gaming I took up
- Command Ops (when it was Highway to the Reich)
- Combat Mission, when North-Africa/Italy was just released and I followed them into Shock Force and Normandy
Through my son I discovered the more cinematic games
- Total War series
And spent lots of time in
- Endless Space, Endless Legend
- Europa Universalis III when it was finished, and I moved into IV, still play it once and a while to form a Dutch nation and beat  the shit out of the English.
- Alpha Centauri, I played each faction at least once to victory
I also dabbled a bit in RPG's
- Planescape:Torment and Baldur's Gate, but I never finished thoes
- Pillars of Eternity I did finish and I played a coupke of different builds.
- Tyranny
Meanwhile I was also playing AGEOD games, especially
- Rise of Prussia was the most epic multiplayer game I have ever played, even though I lost
A few years ago I played 400 hours and a racing wheel in online races with
- RaceRoom
Recently my most played games are, apart from the above
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall (I also loved III)
- WH40K Gladius
- Eurotruck Simulator
- Shadow Empire

Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: W8taminute on August 30, 2021, 08:30:52 PM
My Steam top 20:

Heroes & Generals
2,473 hrs on record

Polaris Sector
310 hrs on record

Sid Meier's Civilization V
252 hrs on record

The Sims(TM) 3  [Don't laugh, this is my daughters fault who uses my account to play games sometimes.  Honest]
227 hrs on record

Total War: EMPIRE - Definitive Edition
192 hrs on record

Mount & Blade: Warband
191 hrs on record

Dominions 5
184 hrs on record

Total War: NAPOLEON - Definitive Edition
165 hrs on record

To End All Wars
142 hrs on record

Tabletop Simulator
135 hrs on record

Xenonauts
120 hrs on record

Civil War II
118 hrs on record

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
110 hrs on record

Hearts of Iron IV
110 hrs on record

Dominions 4
108 hrs on record

Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition
98 hrs on record

Stellaris
96 hrs on record

Phantom Doctrine
88 hrs on record

Field of Glory: Empires
85 hrs on record

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad
81 hrs on record

Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Gusington on August 30, 2021, 09:33:36 PM
^Someone has hacked W8's account!
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Sir Slash on August 30, 2021, 09:49:04 PM
At least nobody's listed that creepy, 'Shower With Your Dad' game. Yet.  <:-)
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: CapnKirk on August 30, 2021, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 30, 2021, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: CapnKirk on August 29, 2021, 09:16:40 AM
...
Star Trek Starfleet Command
...

Excellent game, I had forgotten about that one...  after some consideration, it should be on my list as well..

It is such a good game! Coming out of cloak as a Bird of Prey and attacking is so cool.

Birth of the Federation was mentioned above, I've never played it, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy.  I think I'd love it.

I also miss the Star Trek Armada games. 
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2021, 10:14:13 PM
Quote from: CapnKirk on August 30, 2021, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 30, 2021, 09:08:57 AM
Quote from: CapnKirk on August 29, 2021, 09:16:40 AM
...
Star Trek Starfleet Command
...

Excellent game, I had forgotten about that one...  after some consideration, it should be on my list as well..

It is such a good game! Coming out of cloak as a Bird of Prey and attacking is so cool.

Birth of the Federation was mentioned above, I've never played it, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy.  I think I'd love it.

I also miss the Star Trek Armada games.

From a happier time...

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6832.0 (http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6832.0)
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 31, 2021, 09:14:51 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on August 30, 2021, 08:30:52 PM
My Steam top 20:

...

Tabletop Simulator
135 hrs on record

...

Just curious, what are you using Table Top Simulator for? 

I have been using for board games after being introduced to TTS by JasonPratt. Jason, I and a few other non-Grogs usually do three or four player GMT games like "Fire in the Lake" or "Dominant Species"

Another group of my friends use it for miniatures and RPGs. ..they are trying to entice me to broaden my TTS palate.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 31, 2021, 09:19:10 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 30, 2021, 09:49:04 PM
At least nobody's listed that creepy, 'Shower With Your Dad' game. Yet.  <:-)

???? Is that a real thing?

How many copies did they expect to sell? And who did they think would buy them?
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 31, 2021, 09:21:55 AM
Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on August 30, 2021, 06:56:14 PM

....
I played wargames mostly as boardgames
- ASL
- Richard Berg: Civil War, ancient battles
- The Gamers various series
....

Great games.  Have you tried playing these on Vassal?
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: z1812 on August 31, 2021, 09:24:50 AM
My most favourite. From most to least hours played in the last few years.

Combat Mission                          All of the Tltles. My most played being the modern ones.

The Campaign Series                  I have been playing these games since Talonsoft originally released East Front.

Field of Glory

Lock n Load Tactical Digital

Close Combat Series                  I still find myself going back to these games now and again.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: W8taminute on August 31, 2021, 09:33:30 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2021, 09:33:36 PM
^Someone has hacked W8's account!

Yes.  By my very own daughter no less.  What more of mine will she hack next?  My bank account?  LOL


Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 31, 2021, 09:14:51 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on August 30, 2021, 08:30:52 PM
My Steam top 20:

...

Tabletop Simulator
135 hrs on record

...

Just curious, what are you using Table Top Simulator for? 

I have been using for board games after being introduced to TTS by JasonPratt. Jason, I and a few other non-Grogs usually do three or four player GMT games like "Fire in the Lake" or "Dominant Species"

Another group of my friends use it for miniatures and RPGs. ..they are trying to entice me to broaden my TTS palate.

Mostly for playing board games from GMT, Star Wars Rebellion, and Twilight Imperium 4.  The setup time I can save using TTL for playing these monsters as opposed to the real thing is worth it.  Although sometimes I do prefer to play with the physical copies of the games. 
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Gusington on August 31, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
I will not dare search Steam or the interwebs to see if Shower With Your Dad is real...but I think it might be.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2021, 09:46:51 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 31, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
I will not dare search Steam or the interwebs to see if Shower With Your Dad is real...but I think it might be.

It is.

...and we have a thread on it. Posted 6 years ago TO THE DAY! How creepy is that?

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14698.msg382173#msg382173 (http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14698.msg382173#msg382173)  :timeout:
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Gusington on August 31, 2021, 09:48:37 AM
Jesus H.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Dammit Carl! on August 31, 2021, 10:08:20 AM
Lordy.  My list would never be as in-depth as you guys - my gaming ADD makes me go "whooo," all over the place.

Having said that, per Steam, my top 4 are:
War Thunder
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2
Counter Strike: Nexon Zombies (played moreso on an old laptop 'cause that's all it'd really push and it's goofy fun)

The Division 1 has taken a whole lot of my time, for sure.

World of Tanks and World of Warships rotates on and off on my computer for years and years now.

Starfleet Command - got Orion Pirates on my laptop as we speak.

Campaign Series - again, on my laptop as we speak.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Wburn on August 31, 2021, 11:32:00 AM
I think these are my top ten that I always go back to!
Harpoon 1 and 3
CMO
Battlefront Series
Shock Force 2
Cold War and Black Sea
Strategy:
World War 1 Centennial Edition
Strategic Command WW1
Strategic Command WW2
There are lots of others but for those moments where I don't want to think
there are,
War Thunder
World of Warships.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: twitter3 on August 31, 2021, 11:53:25 AM
Mine are old school but I still play them to this day...

In no particular order

Campaign Series
Rise of Prussia
Birth of America WIA
TOAW3
Forge of Freedom
Crown of Glory EE
Witcher 1
Close Combat
Baldur's Gate
Icewind Dale
World War One Gold
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: W8taminute on August 31, 2021, 01:00:27 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2021, 09:46:51 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 31, 2021, 09:41:45 AM
I will not dare search Steam or the interwebs to see if Shower With Your Dad is real...but I think it might be.

It is.

...and we have a thread on it. Posted 6 years ago TO THE DAY! How creepy is that?

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14698.msg382173#msg382173 (http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=14698.msg382173#msg382173)  :timeout:

Quote from: Gusington on August 31, 2021, 09:48:37 AM
Jesus H.

There has to be some prophetic meaning to that somewhere but we won't get into that here.   ;D
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: MengJiao on August 31, 2021, 01:17:36 PM
Quote from: twitter3 on August 31, 2021, 11:53:25 AM
Mine are old school but I still play them to this day...

In no particular order

Campaign Series
Rise of Prussia


  I can back those as being great games!
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: al_infierno on August 31, 2021, 06:35:49 PM
A rough order of my all-time favorites that always seem to work their way back into my gaming rotation.  RDR is technically a console exclusive, but my all-time gaming list is incomplete without it, and I wouldn't put RDR2 on the list.


Some honorable mentions for historical favorites that I don't really enjoy playing anymore:


EDIT - Hell, I don't know how I forgot about Dom 5...  Looks like Alien: Isolation fell off the bottom :(
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Lotti Fuehrscheim on September 01, 2021, 08:12:33 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 31, 2021, 09:21:55 AM
Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on August 30, 2021, 06:56:14 PM

....
I played wargames mostly as boardgames
- ASL
- Richard Berg: Civil War, ancient battles
- The Gamers various series
....

Great games.  Have you tried playing these on Vassal?

I tried to convince my former wargame buddy to play these games with software helpers, after I moved city because of family matters, but he wasn't into that. We used to play one evening per week, after a common dinner, alternating houses, always enjoying some fine brandy or whiskey, and all those things don't translate well into PBEM.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on September 01, 2021, 09:40:26 AM
Quote from: Lotti Fuehrscheim on September 01, 2021, 08:12:33 AM
I tried to convince my former wargame buddy to play these games with software helpers, after I moved city because of family matters, but he wasn't into that. We used to play one evening per week, after a common dinner, alternating houses, always enjoying some fine brandy or whiskey, and all those things don't translate well into PBEM.

I know what you mean. I moved away from the Northern Virginia area about five years ago. That area of the country has very active gaming communities. I moved to an area of Northern California, about 3000 miles and 3 time zones distant.

My old Northern VA gaming buddies tried PBEM on Vassal but didn't really like it. But then we started doing live games over Vassal using Skype or Discord for voice / video. That has worked well, and I usually play with those guys a couple of times every month, even after all these years.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Ian C on September 06, 2021, 05:27:15 AM
There's a lot of nostalgia in these choices, but they all are great games in my opinion and have given me the most fun, thrills and immersion.

On Playstation 1.

Medal Of Honour
Medal Of Honour: Underground
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
Parasite Eve 2
Tenchu 2
Driver


On PC

Fable - The Lost Chapters / Anniversary
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Witcher 3 + all dlc
Medal Of Honour
Hearts Of Iron
Dishonoured
Life Is Strange
What Remains of Edith Finch
XCOM: Enemy Within /XCOM 2 / War of The Chosen
L.A. Noire
The Sims
Freedom Force
Cities Skylines
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: ArizonaTank on September 06, 2021, 09:49:17 AM
Dishonored is a really great series.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2021, 09:59:33 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 06, 2021, 09:49:17 AM
Dishonored is a really great series.

Been debating whether to pick the upcoming deathloop game from the studio who made Dishonored.comes out on the 14th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1252330/DEATHLOOP/
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Gusington on September 06, 2021, 12:30:59 PM
I loved the Dishonored series too. Not as much as I loved the Thief series but close. Also eyeing Deathloop. At first glance it does not look like something I would be into but you never know. Hard for me not to like most of Arcane's games.
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: 88mmkwk on September 07, 2021, 06:12:09 PM
Quote
It is such a good game! Coming out of cloak as a Bird of Prey and attacking is so cool.

Birth of the Federation was mentioned above, I've never played it, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy.  I think I'd love it.

I also miss the Star Trek Armada games.

Looks like Birth of the Federation is alive and well in a 2.0 "All In One" installer with mods and updates that make it compatible with newer hardware.  I haven't yet tried it, but it also appears to be DRM free now?

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509 (https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509)
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: GDS_Starfury on September 07, 2021, 10:15:59 PM
Homeworld and Close Combat
Title: Re: Computer Gaming - Your Favorites
Post by: Anguille on September 07, 2021, 11:59:58 PM
Quote from: 88mmkwk on September 07, 2021, 06:12:09 PM
Quote
It is such a good game! Coming out of cloak as a Bird of Prey and attacking is so cool.

Birth of the Federation was mentioned above, I've never played it, but I'd really like to get my hands on a copy.  I think I'd love it.

I also miss the Star Trek Armada games.

Looks like Birth of the Federation is alive and well in a 2.0 "All In One" installer with mods and updates that make it compatible with newer hardware.  I haven't yet tried it, but it also appears to be DRM free now?

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509 (https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onscreen/botf/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3509)
This version has been drm free for many years.