Given the state of the world in general, this song seems appropriate. I'm going to drown my sorrows in BoC work, CMO, and Flashpoints. And Jim Beam..... :)
Playing Rise of Flight career, IL2-1946 VPmod starting a new DCG campaign and Forge of Freedom.
LOL...great song choice tripoli, haven't heard that one in many decades, brings back some fond college-day memories. Sitting here staring at my games library with no idea what to play next. Maybe I'll peruse the Steam sales and pick up something new that's cheap and mindless. :o
Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.
I never learn ::)
Been getting back into Distant Worlds Universe with some heavy mods. Forgot how great this game can be, but it does run pretty poorly on modern systems. Also going to dick around with Age of Empires IV which I just grabbed from my MS gamepass. The gameplay doesn't seem to have evolved much, but it is still a lot of fun. Might also play around with Steel Division 2 and there is always going to be time for DCS, although I have been having some FPS issues since the last open beta update.
Happy Halloween y'all.
Quote from: devoncop on October 29, 2021, 01:05:47 PM
Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.
I never learn ::)
Regarding
Gloomhaven? You and me both. ::) I have been curious about this since it was announced.
I am working tomorrow afternoon to close and Sunday opening. But my game has been
Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Game Pass. I really like how the game handles D&D 5e, I've only played 1e - (Big Red on the DM Manual and the Red Box!!)
Some thoughts on it- The tutorial does it justice, it is a good way to learn this game. Plus it's cleverly tied into the make up of your party. Each one has the "You won't believe what happened on my way to the Inn!" story, and that's what your tutorial is. Learning how to move objects in caves, crawling, climbing or even jumping. So you have to look around at everything in a "dungeon." can you climb there, jump? can this column be knocked down? It's amazing. There's even crafting (you can make the potions, scrolls, enchanted weapons and armor.) I'd recommend it. The new DLC is going to include the Druid and Barbarian classes.
I played through the first two Max Payne games last weekend and didn't get nearly enough, so probably a bit more of that on the harder difficulties. Also some Insurgency, Phasmophobia, and Age of Empires IV.
Continuing to play through Resident Evil: Village. Also may purchase This Land is My Land at the Steam sale and trying hard not to purchase Age of Empires IV before the discounts get deeper. Toying with some Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail as well.
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2021, 06:20:46 PM
Continuing to play through Resident Evil: Village. Also may purchase This Land is My Land at the Steam sale and trying hard not to purchase Age of Empires IV before the discounts get deeper. Toying with some Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail as well.
Sounds Good! Maybe that and some Enlisted and some boardgames.
Doing oddly and weirdly well in World of Tanks at the moment so I'll keep on with that one - running up the American Medium line and sitting at the Pershing and T69 and the TD line the T25 AT.
If I get the hankerin', I'll fire up Wreckfest and do some hot laps too seeing as the previously mentioned bed-pooping-IP has, amazingly, seemed to have made things stable again.
Huzzah!
Meng how are you liking Enlisted?
Quote from: CJReich46 on October 29, 2021, 05:10:40 PM
Quote from: devoncop on October 29, 2021, 01:05:47 PM
Still battling through my Digital League Field of Glory 2 games and trying to resist buying Gloomhaven whilst foolishly watching great You Tube playthroughs of ........yep....Gloomhaven.
I never learn ::)
Regarding Gloomhaven? You and me both. ::) I have been curious about this since it was announced.
I am working tomorrow afternoon to close and Sunday opening. But my game has been Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Game Pass. I really like how the game handles D&D 5e, I've only played 1e - (Big Red on the DM Manual and the Red Box!!)
Some thoughts on it- The tutorial does it justice, it is a good way to learn this game. Plus it's cleverly tied into the make up of your party. Each one has the "You won't believe what happened on my way to the Inn!" story, and that's what your tutorial is. Learning how to move objects in caves, crawling, climbing or even jumping. So you have to look around at everything in a "dungeon." can you climb there, jump? can this column be knocked down? It's amazing. There's even crafting (you can make the potions, scrolls, enchanted weapons and armor.) I'd recommend it. The new DLC is going to include the Druid and Barbarian classes.
Thanks for the Solasta recommendation CJ. That is one I am likely to pick up on sale. It's been on my wish list forever but I think the somewhat kooky character models and stereotypical plot has held me back but you are by no means the first to praise the actual fight mechanics ....and indeed tutorial.
Quote from: Gusington on October 29, 2021, 08:07:47 PM
Meng how are you liking Enlisted?
I guess I'd like something with a more war-gamey atmosphere. The Troop did that nicely. Enlisted is more like a hectic visit to a pre-school just before lunch when some of the children have had
"accidents"...sure its vaguely amusing with a crispy air of urgency, but not for more than half an hour. Anyway...my interest in Enlisted is dropping fast.
Still all in on New World, warts and all.
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.
How is it for solo play?
Meng that's probably the best one paragraph review of a game I've read in a while :)
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2021, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.
How is it for solo play?
I've played some of the content solo, but there are two dungeons so far that are required make progress on the main story and those can't be done solo. There could be more dungeons later in that category. If you don't complete them you will not be able to do some of the endgame content. The crafting is very deep and is probably best done with others so you can share materials rather than trying to do everything yourself. I rejoined my old guild, The Wanderers, and we're playing on the Falais server which is East Coast US. It's a laid back mature group and Grogs here would be welcome if you want to play.
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 11:22:28 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2021, 08:11:51 AM
Quote from: Geezer on October 30, 2021, 07:53:11 AM
Still all in on New World, warts and all.
How is it for solo play?
I've played some of the content solo, but there are two dungeons so far that are required make progress on the main story and those can't be done solo. There could be more dungeons later in that category. If you don't complete them you will not be able to do some of the endgame content. The crafting is very deep and is probably best done with others so you can share materials rather than trying to do everything yourself. I rejoined my old guild, The Wanderers, and we're playing on the Falais server which is East Coast US. It's a laid back mature group and Grogs here would be welcome if you want to play.
I might just transfer over to your server. I'm currently in Asphodel East Coast US. The economy on this server is awful and very hard to make big money on. The people in general are nice though.
I agree you can do quite a lot solo but to advance your character past certain points they make you play a dungeon with another group of people. Wish there was a way to do this without dealing with people but I suppose you could play New World indefinitely solo. You just can't complete some of the story line quests. Which I'm beginning to see as no big deal to complete anyway. Plenty other things to do without completing the story.
Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 08:57:26 AM
Meng that's probably the best one paragraph review of a game I've read in a while :)
Thanks! But maybe I'm just tired of multiplayer FPS for the time being.
I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!
Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!
MP gaming can be fun, but maybe only in relatively small doses. At least that's how I feel at the moment.
Cool song! :bd:
Pretty much like the last 2 months, barely time to do anything but i will play the Halloween mission (only availabe until the 2d of November) in Stronghold Warlords.
Quote from: Gusington on October 30, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
I never warmed up to MP gaming no matter the genre!
1 v 1 wargaming MP I now enjoy a lot, (such as Feild of Glory 2)....... though still enjoy solo play most of the time ......but I have never got on with co-op style MP ......antisocial old git that I am :tickedoff:
^Many here welcome anti-social old gits, including me.
Last night I was lucky enough to find a group of randoms in New World to help me with my main story line quest. I'd almost given up on ever completing that story mission simply because it was PVE in nature. The randoms I found last night all had the same goal and after a brief text chat (in game) we joined together and completed the mission. No talking at all, not even on microphone. But we all knew what to do and got the job done.
Maybe I was extremely lucky but I'm so glad to get that one mission out of the way and with a group that I didn't really have to talk to.
I don't mind MP in general as long as it's a guarantee that I don't have to talk to anyone. The only one's I do talk to are either known friends or a friend of a known friend. Otherwise I find that random people you talk to in MP games seem to be overly obsessed with talking about twigs and berries and butts all of which I'd assume not talk about.
I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers than ever join a PUG again. Luckily my old guild, The Wanderers, is playing and it has been much more fun playing with them than trying to solo the game. Now if only AGS could fix the seemingly never ending stream of exploits...
Moments of silent cooperative understanding like that are what make online games for me. :dreamer: