GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on November 05, 2021, 11:08:51 AM

Title: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 05, 2021, 11:08:51 AM
Ghost Recon Break Point with Motherland Update (it's awesome)
Giants' Uprising
Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive
DCS something

Enjoy!

Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 11:26:27 AM
A Flock of Seagulls are awesome. I Ran is probably my favorite song of all time. Hard to beat it for a song to drive 100mph to. And it got a new lease on life thanks to the GTA games.

I'll be changing my drawers after playing some more Resident Evil: Village. Scary as hell but I love it and am enjoying it a lot more than Biohazard...which I did enjoy but it grossed me out a lot too.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Tripoli on November 05, 2021, 11:38:24 AM
Doing some FtF wargaming this weekend: NATO and Blue Water Navy. (https://www.compassgames.com/product/nato-designer-signature-edition/ and https://www.compassgames.com/product/blue-water-navy/).  Plus, BoC work.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: CJReich46 on November 05, 2021, 12:32:09 PM
Working the weekend (Yay closing! Saturday and Opening Sunday!)

Solasta had a huge update yesterday that increases levels to 12.  Plus the new Primal Calling DLC which adds Barbarians and Druids, Wandering Origin and Half-Orc race.

Also they expanded on the Dungeon Master which allows you to create campaigns now instead of just single locations. I'm currently playing one with new characters (and as

strange as it is, they FEEL differently than my first two created. I created an entire party this time - Paladin, Cleric, Rogue and Wizard. 
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 05, 2021, 12:32:46 PM
Killin' folks in GR:Breakpoint again and enjoying it; never really played it much after the Terminator event last year, so the ability to play it with no gear score crap/minimal HUD/etc. is quite fun.

Nomad, out.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: al_infierno on November 05, 2021, 01:27:11 PM
This weekend it'll mostly be Age of Empires 2 & 4 (been bouncing between the two when I get tired of the fiddly old-school mechanics of 2 and the lack of skirmish content in 4), Back 4 Blood because this was another drunk purchase I actually don't regret, and Insurgency for the cooperative shooty shooty bang bang.

For anyone who's interested in Back 4 Blood, solo players get somewhat F'd in the A.  When you play solo, you don't earn any points for unlocking cards and skins, which is a fairly major component of the game.  That said, the progression system kind of sucks, and the game is perfectly fun to play through the campaign and just shoot zombies in single player.  I'd wait for a deep discount though, the game needs a lot of polish.

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 11:26:27 AM

I'll be changing my drawers after playing some more Resident Evil: Village. Scary as hell but I love it and am enjoying it a lot more than Biohazard...which I did enjoy but it grossed me out a lot too.

Did you mean Outlast?  Because Biohazard and RE are the same series  :buck2:
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 01:44:34 PM
No, I am enjoying Village a lot more than Biohazard...Biohazard just grossed me out. It was well done but Village is much more my cup o'tea.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: al_infierno on November 05, 2021, 01:49:06 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 01:44:34 PM
No, I am enjoying Village a lot more than Biohazard...Biohazard just grossed me out. It was well done but Village is much more my cup o'tea.

Oh, you mean Resident Evil 7: Biohazard?  I don't know why they called it that, "Biohazard" is the Japanese name for Resident Evil, so combining the two for one title is just confusing. 
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 01:55:46 PM
^Correct, RE7: Biohazard...with all its cannibalism, sharp tools, drooling lunatics, etc.

The lunatics in Village are a lot more my...taste.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: devoncop on November 05, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
After truly heroic resistance I eventually succumbed and bought Gloomhaven... ::)

Really enjoying it. Have been playing the Guildmaster mode on Easy and finding it pretty comfortable despite everyone saying it's a tough game so decided you up the difficulty to "  normal" ....promptly getting my ass handed to me by a load of shambling bloated undead  :)

Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Tripoli on November 05, 2021, 02:41:53 PM
Quote from: devoncop on November 05, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
....promptly getting my ass handed to me by a load of shambling bloated undead  :)

Gloomhaven sounds like a government bureaucracy simulator.    ;)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: devoncop on November 05, 2021, 02:49:43 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on November 05, 2021, 02:41:53 PM
Quote from: devoncop on November 05, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
....promptly getting my ass handed to me by a load of shambling bloated undead  :)

Gloomhaven sounds like a government bureaucracy simulator.    ;)

As an ex public sector employee I would state this comment is both appallingly insulting.....and incredibly accurate :DD
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: solops on November 05, 2021, 05:35:54 PM
TW: Warhammer II and Old World
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: pochepiller on November 05, 2021, 07:27:23 PM
Trying to get some kills on Modern Warfare Vangard and above the douchiness of Forza Horizon 5.

But more importantly I'm beggining to listent to Faith No More, must be the fault of something I saw here.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 07:37:37 PM
Oh?
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: pochepiller on November 05, 2021, 07:45:14 PM
Your fault!
Also buttingy head in Cauldron of war Barbarossa.
This game is hard
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: solops on November 05, 2021, 08:51:01 PM
Quote from: solops on November 05, 2021, 05:35:54 PM
TW: Warhammer II and Old World

Aaaand hunting hogs and aoudad IRL.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 05, 2021, 09:51:21 PM
 8)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Sir Slash on November 05, 2021, 10:00:49 PM
I am contemplating tackling The Beast in the East.... WitE's grand Campaign after mastering the smaller scenarios. Contemplating because the size and scope of the campaign scares the shit out of me honestly. But that's why I bought the damned thing isn't it? I'll think about it a little more while playing the addictingly enjoyable Medi TW 2 with Stainless Steel 6.4. Have a great weekend Grogs.  :bd:
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: MengJiao on November 06, 2021, 06:17:36 AM
Quote from: devoncop on November 05, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
After truly heroic resistance I eventually succumbed and bought Gloomhaven... ::)

Really enjoying it. Have been playing the Guildmaster mode on Easy and finding it pretty comfortable despite everyone saying it's a tough game so decided you up the difficulty to "  normal" ....promptly getting my ass handed to me by a load of shambling bloated undead  :)

  Gloomhaven looks pretty cool!  But I'm slogging through the horror of Hell Let Loose again.  Last night I actually said "What is it, Sarge?" and then two minutes later "Sarge" said "Well Hello,there" just as I hopped over a fence and into a lethal burst of German MG fire.  Not his fault really.  I blame the German players and their Teutonic efficiency.
  Earlier in a different "Squad" somebody was complaining about the "lack of communication" and I said "I talk all the time" and the SL said "I don't have time for this, Lloyd."  I'm Lloyd, by the way.  You can see me getting horribly shot on various servers in early prime time US Eastern time zones.
   Other than that comedy of problematic "communication"...I've been playing board games.  No need for "quotes" there.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 10:39:04 AM
^Lloyd, you say?
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: MengJiao on November 06, 2021, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 10:39:04 AM
^Lloyd, you say?

  Lloyd.  After Lloyd Dobler in Say Anything as in "I'm incarcerated, Lloyd."
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 01:15:46 PM
Interesting.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: MengJiao on November 06, 2021, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 01:15:46 PM
Interesting.

  I was Dos Equis before that, but I got tired of being called "Dos" and least "Lloyd" is kind of clearly just one syllable.  So far nobody has called me "Loi" or "oid"
...before that I was Maxx (two "Equis" get it?).  I probably should have stuck with Maxx, but there were a surprising number of Maxxes back in the early days of
Post Scriptum before I switched to Hell Let Loose in the middle of my Dos Equis stage.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 04:41:59 PM
I just realized that my actual first name is no where to be seen on this site and has never been. I guess that's a good thing :)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: CJReich46 on November 07, 2021, 08:58:47 PM
Well my adventure into the Moathouse on the Border (Inspired by the Village of Hommlet!) got seriously bugged so I had to delete all the files to restore file integrity or it could have been just an update. So I decided to try a new thief, a Paladin, and a Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is a weird class in that they don't get spells as much as Wizards do. BUT they can "modify" spells.

So I made a Sorcerer,(Feanor)  a Thief (Sable) and a Paladin (Sonya)as well as my pre-created Cleric  (Angus) and tried out the new Caer Falcarn adventure. Started at level 1.  They are now level 5, and going strong. It's been a great adventure.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: devoncop on November 08, 2021, 02:21:39 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2021, 04:41:59 PM
I just realized that my actual first name is no where to be seen on this site and has never been. I guess that's a good thing :)

Quite so Archibald  ;)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 09:09:35 AM
^Hahaha thank you Gertrude.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: al_infierno on November 08, 2021, 02:39:49 PM
(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/da/a5/77daa5231774cda5a7a750e645dbf43c.gif)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 03:08:13 PM
One Halloween not long ago I did dress as Lloyd the Bartender. It was epic.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Sir Slash on November 08, 2021, 04:21:35 PM
One Halloween long ago I spent lying on a bar. Is that close enough to count?  :hide:
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 04:26:50 PM
No.
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: devoncop on November 08, 2021, 04:44:46 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 09:09:35 AM
^Hahaha thank you Gertrude.

Gertrude is only at the weekend when I visit my "special club" ;)
Title: Re: Space Age FRIDAY Song
Post by: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 05:00:04 PM
 :-[