GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on November 12, 2021, 12:05:51 PM

Title: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Tripoli on November 12, 2021, 12:05:51 PM
BoC work, CMO and Flashpoint AARs. 

Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: MengJiao on November 12, 2021, 12:23:23 PM
 :notworthy:

Nice.  Once, after my car was hit by lightning (or close enough to do some "close encounters" kinds of things to the electrical system...yep.  I stopped and bought this on a CD.

Anyway.  Having a lightning-free week-end  and playing boardgames and John tiller games covering things from 1794 to 1813 so far.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2021, 01:20:55 PM
Continuing with Resident Evil: Village and shopping for new underwear.

Next in the queue is likely Greedfall and finally the 1212AD mod for Total War: Attila, most likely as Wallachia. Oh and some Age of Empires II - The Definitive Edition campaigns. So many to choose from now.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: CJReich46 on November 12, 2021, 03:23:52 PM
As for me I actually have Today and Sunday off. So I work just till close tomorrow night.

So, today has been a bit of Solasta with the Dun Cuin adventure. 

After the Caer Falcarn adventure which led the party of  Sable (halfling thief) Feanor (Half-Elf/ Draconian Sorcerer) Sonya (Human Paladin) and Angus (Human Cleric) to explore the caves and mines near Copparan mostly to defeat a devious plot of necromancy, our heroes are exploring the ruins of a fortress called Dun Cuin in pursuit of someone who disappeared.

Finished Dun Cuin. This one had some interesting puzzles to figure out, not to mention very tense fights.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Tripoli on November 13, 2021, 09:01:04 AM
Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy

I hope you mend quickly, but not so quickly that it interferes with your gaming schedule ;D
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2021, 09:29:39 AM
Heal up nelmsm.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Sir Slash on November 13, 2021, 11:30:21 AM
Ditto! Don't play anything strenuous for the next several days. And nap when needed....which is pretty-much my routine every day.  Get better nelmsm.  :coolsmiley:
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: pochepiller on November 13, 2021, 12:46:32 PM
Still playing Kards, a ww2 theme card game.
Trying battlefield 204something
and reading too, its raining outside.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: jamus34 on November 13, 2021, 02:12:48 PM
Grin Dawn
Heroes of the Storm if any of my crew is around
Shin Megami Tensei V

Plus a crap ton of yard work tomorrow
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Destraex on November 13, 2021, 09:44:29 PM
Star Citizen - 3.15 is a mess at the moment. But it's hot and we enjoyed it last night.
Some of the lads were checking out trade lanes while I took one guy to man a turret on bounty\combat missions.
Now you have to choose a home planet this time around and so because for most of the guys this was their first time in 3.15, we were all leaving our home planets.
We used a large ship and found out the hard way that this large ship really should not be in gravity. We had a really hard time getting the Starfarer to clear atmosphere. When we finally did break into orbit and got near a space station in need of refuelling, we were out of fuel! It took 20 minutes of cajolling and scooping to get enough fuel even to manoever. I'd start the engines get to turn for a few seconds and then lose control in a spin. Eventually got her down though.
In the mean time one of my friends had picked up my co-pilot and would be gunner (my gunship for the dogfighting was all the way over at Port Ollisar) had been picked up by another mate and taken on a trade run. The poor bugger had been sitting their or falling over as I massaged the huge dead ship and tried to get in a position to land. To add insult to injury either the sun was in my eyes or it was pitch black making it hard to see the station when I did line up.
From here I waited for my gunner because he had died after falling on something and getting hurt somehow in a vacuum and had spawned back in hospital on our home planet below. Another friend had logged on and after much chenanigans, managed to pickup my friend from hospital and get them both in a ship he had landed out on the ice of New Babbage to avoid parking fines and ship storage a main pad would require for the time. They eventually got into orbit and picked me up. We got to port ollisar and into our heavy fighter finally for a few missions that made us money and gave us standing.
Back at port ollisar refueling and rearming for more missions we went in to get food and water. Our ship got destroyed on the pad by a ship called the 400i with the unique player name of Knobby. He was simply blowing everything up that spawned on a pad.
One of my friends EVA'ed out to his ship and glitched into the side of it when it turned and hit him. He ended up inside the ship and was able to shoot the pilot in the back of the head without prejudice. The whole server was cheering and this troll logged off. Knobby the 400i was ours to play with until it despawned.


War Thunder Ships - think I will try a few missions of this as WOWs is getting very samish. I play it because friends do and I like ships rather than any real need to play either of these poker based games.

Knobby the troll piloted by my friend after jacking it from a pirate/troll who had been jumping in and out destroying everything. This is one of the few ships in game at the moment that can be player named.
[img image=1024]https://i.imgur.com/D0cx5jP.png[/img]

Finally Getting out of atmosphere
(https://i.imgur.com/7toafMZ.png)

Look at that fuel level
(https://i.imgur.com/Hn9ZTcb.png)

Still landed her... eventually
(https://i.imgur.com/Gw8lcB1.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/agkPkZa.png)

Waiting for my friends to pick me up
(https://i.imgur.com/s6NbLsj.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/lvkUJH8.png)

Nice. On our way to Port Ollisar
(https://i.imgur.com/bU8RtkJ.png)

If you are not seated and the ship moves with enough G forces... off you go over on your back.
(https://i.imgur.com/4vy8aBw.png)
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: nelmsm on November 14, 2021, 01:18:45 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Doing pretty good except for getting tired quick.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: CJReich46 on November 14, 2021, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy

Get well soon.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Destraex on November 14, 2021, 08:39:53 PM
Quote from: nelmsm on November 12, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Well just had my gall  bladder out this morning and no follow up until the 30th so I have the next two weeks to play as I please.  PBEM's, playtesting, Shadow Empire, and whatever else strikes my fancy
Well yeah. Get well. I know somebody who has been told they need this removed but has been holding off for years.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Sir Slash on November 15, 2021, 11:37:44 AM
Me too. I worked with a nurse who held-off getting her's removed until her insurance would kick-in to cover it. She was VERY ill, could barely eat anything without getting very nauseous and sick. She lived on water and crackers and little else for a couple of months. Not a pleasant experience.  :o
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: nelmsm on November 15, 2021, 02:03:32 PM
The Saturday before I was sure I was having a heart attack.  Called the ambulance and everything.  Had a slew of tests run and of course it was the last one they ran that they figured out I was having a gall stone attack.  Only took 9.5 hours.  Any way I did find out my heart is in very good shape.  Little pain in the top incision and it sucks to cough or sneeze and the it's itchy where the hair is growing back on my belly but otherwise not too bad.  Stamina still sucks a bit but I'm sure that will come back as well.  Did manage to lose 10 lbs since the surgery so I'll take that as well. 
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 15, 2021, 03:25:48 PM
^Related, I had an attack of pancreatitis out of nowhere back in February...so I can empathize with you. It took me a good 1-2 months to get almost totally back to normal, I lost a dangerous amount of weight...even now, occasionally, if I eat food that is very rich, etc., my stomach can get upset.

It was some of the worst pain I have ever felt. After being checked out by the ER and a few doctors after it happened, it was labeled as 'unknown' as to why I had this attack. I didn't fit any of the characteristics of patients who usually get it...heavy drinkers, morbidly obese, etc. The doctors said that pancreatitis can also strike out of nowhere and for unknown reasons half the time (!!!)

A couple of doctors mentioned that there could have been a blockage like a gall stone or something that got dissolved once my pancreas responded and brought me to my knees! Needless to say I could do without the pain for the rest of my life.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Destraex on November 15, 2021, 06:25:58 PM
Wow. I will pass on the experiences. Thanks guys.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Sir Slash on November 15, 2021, 07:20:15 PM
As I've said here before, getting old is only for the Tough. And, enjoy every minute of good health you have right now. But, keep playing games by all means!  ;)
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 15, 2021, 07:24:38 PM
And drink your water!
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Sir Slash on November 15, 2021, 07:26:56 PM
Just like your Mother told you to....She was right.  :hug:
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 15, 2021, 07:33:52 PM
I know, I hate that  >:(
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: FlickJax on November 16, 2021, 05:50:22 AM
Well invested in gamerpass... so now too much choice.  Did play some Forza horzon 5, very pretty and tried Football Manager 2022 but god its hard work these days. But most of weekend was playing my Battletech campaign that i had yet to finish.
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 16, 2021, 07:06:18 AM
How far in to that BT campaign are you?
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: CJReich46 on November 16, 2021, 12:00:27 PM
Quote from: FlickJax on November 16, 2021, 05:50:22 AM
Well invested in gamerpass... so now too much choice.  Did play some Forza horzon 5, very pretty and tried Football Manager 2022 but god its hard work these days. But most of weekend was playing my Battletech campaign that i had yet to finish.

That's how I got into Solasta.  Plus there's Grim Dawn to come in December too.  I use Game Pass as a way to try it out, see if I like it. 
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: FlickJax on November 17, 2021, 03:39:46 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 16, 2021, 07:06:18 AM
How far in to that BT campaign are you?

I kept doing mercenary missions rather than main missions but about to try and retake Tyrion. What can I say I just like these big mechs :)
Title: Re: Statesboro Friday Blues
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2021, 07:54:10 AM
Who could blame you, really.