And now for something completely different.
This weekend I will be experimenting with some new strategies in
Dominions 5.
I'll also be playing something
Total War'ish as well as some
Table Top Simulator.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Quote from: W8taminute on January 14, 2022, 08:27:08 AM
And now for something completely different.
I can't say that you were lying ...
For me some more Elite Dangerous.
Original choice for a friday song!
Playing lots of Oriental Empires right now, including some MP (first time this week).
^How are you liking Oriental Empires?
I will be finishing A Plague Tale (awesome game), firing up the 1100AD mod for Rome 2 TW and also my new install of the 1212AD mod for Attila TW.
Probably taking the Holy Roman Empire as my faction in 1100 and perhaps Serbia in 1212.
May also take Siege Survival: Gloria Victis for a spin.
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 09:59:21 AM
^How are you liking Oriental Empires?
It's a solid 4x and not broken unlike Humankind it seems. I love the details of the map, the different scenarios that cover many key elements of Chinese history, the enjoyable and easy to manage battles. It's really a relaxing game and an amazing job when you consider the very small size of the team behind it. But then, it's Robert T. Smith. One of the games on my list if i could choose only one game.
The weekend is finally here! :D It'll be a Rome 2 with the DEI Mod for me. Here's a shot of Rome's Gaulish recruitable phalanx infantry looking for some trouble.
And here's what happens when they find it. Have a great weekend Grogs!
I'll be completing my first attempt at a Syndicate Psynumbra game in Age of Wonders: Planetfall, still diddling with Remnants of the Precursors and have recently rediscovered my love for the single player campaign in Battlefield 1.
^The Battlefield 1 campaign gets little love which is a shame as there are some great moments in there, like the armored Italian storm trooper taking on the Austrians near Isonzo. I played through that a few years ago and still remember it fondly.
Boardgaming - hoping to start a solo game of Andean Abyss.
Something out of my normal wheelhouse, going to play Gods of War as released today. Seems like high praise when on the PlayStation so interesting to see if I like it. Not usually into the hack/slash and beat the big boss type of player...we'll see I guess.
Quote from: Phantom on January 14, 2022, 02:34:30 PM
Boardgaming - hoping to start a solo game of Andean Abyss.
That is a good COIN game. I'll be doing BoC work, CMO work (trying to finish up some descriptions for the next Database release). Some RTW2. Still haven't gotten back to my Flashpoint Campaign, despite my best efforts. Maybe I can get to that this weekend. And cranking out some moves in a PBM game against ArizonaTank of the Battle of Kernstown using John Tiller's "Campaign Shenandoah". He surprised me last turn with his move, and has disjointed my planned line of resistance. We'll be publishing a joint AAR soon....
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 09:59:21 AM
^How are you liking Oriental Empires?
I will be finishing A Plague Tale (awesome game), firing up the 1100AD mod for Rome 2 TW and also my new install of the 1212AD mod for Attila TW.
Probably taking the Holy Roman Empire as my faction in 1100 and perhaps Serbia in 1212.
May also take Siege Survival: Gloria Victis for a spin.
Suviving in Old Byzantium in 1109 AD and World of Warships (Battlecruiser Moltke to Istambul!)
^Enjoying 1100AD? Got a pic of the Moltke?
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 04:37:39 PM
^Enjoying 1100AD? Got a pic of the Moltke?
It has its moments. As for the Moltke, she's surprisingly unphotogenic even in a fjord and flying the red Santa Claus Legion Flag:
Been out of town all week for work, so my umpteenth attempt at the last mission to kill Trey Stone in GR: Breakpoint was put on hold until now. Seriously, mission is kicking my ass for some damn reason.
Stay safe, East Coast Grogs, in the impending snowmageddon and have fun.
p.s. And I clear the mission first time back on. Figures.
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 03:11:04 PM
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.
Well, if the first two boss battles are any indication, this is going to be a long game for me and I am even playing the easiest setting:) I should know better to try these types of games.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2022, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 03:11:04 PM
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.
Well, if the first two boss battles are any indication, this is going to be a long game for me and I am even playing the easiest setting:) I should know better to try these types of games.
Yeah. The boss battles are total turn-off for me. I played for maybe an hour and a half on the PS4 when it first came out. Never touched it again.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 14, 2022, 08:55:27 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2022, 08:51:23 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 14, 2022, 03:11:04 PM
Post impressions of God of War if you can - I'll be getting it once there's a price drop.
Well, if the first two boss battles are any indication, this is going to be a long game for me and I am even playing the easiest setting:) I should know better to try these types of games.
Yeah. The boss battles are total turn-off for me. I played for maybe an hour and a half on the PS4 when it first came out. Never touched it again.
Probably won't last long for me either....game had such high praise that I needed to try it although I knew it wouldn't likely last
I never got the hype around God of War being honest, the ultra-cinematic boss fights never did anything for me and made me feel more like I was playing a QTE cutscene than a game.
This weekend it'll be more dice rolling in Tabletop Sim, rootin' tootin' n shootin baddies in Ready or Not, and probably a lot of reading as I work my way through Battle at Bull Run by William C. Davis and My War Gone By, I Miss It So by Anthony Loyd.
Work and in what time there is left i will share it equally between sleep and No Man's Sky.
25-30 hours played so far and i'm having a blast.
Quote from: Fetrik on January 15, 2022, 03:37:26 AM
Work and in what time there is left i will share it equally between sleep and No Man's Sky.
25-30 hours played so far and i'm having a blast.
Absolutely love NMS, very immersive.
So all this talk about Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica got me to fire up that BSG: Deadlock game from Matrix...and then promptly uninstall it.
Having better fun with a BSG Steam workshop item for Star Wars Empire At War.
What didn't you like? Peeps were raving about that game a few years ago.
Well I bought the game on launch day knowing full well it was not really what I wanted. I really tried to give the game a chance but in the end it really bummed me out.
What I was looking for was a grand strategy game where I could fight across the galaxy with any faction, not just the humans. I wanted something Total War in space. Instead what we got was a human only story driven mode in a non-sandbox setting. Really depressed me in the end.
IMHO this game was a smash and grab using the BSG universe as a backdrop to lure the geeks in. I fell for it but I have learned. ;)
Edit: When I purchase a game I want to love it a long time. I don't want a game that has a honeymoon period that quickly wears off. Hence that's why I call this game a smash and grab.
I actually like BSG. THe "strategic" layer isn't much, but it is fun for generating the tactical battles. And the post-game videos are great.