So this popped up on my list on steam.
Not sure how good it is ... but a crap load of money .... even I may not bite on this ...
But may be a lighter version of WiTE2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1845040/Panzers_on_the_Steppe/
I think the price is to steep for me
Crazy price.
Not even a good AI to play against and the map and units are very basic.
Definite pass.
That map (shown on Steam page) appears to be identical to The Russian Campaign.
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gmtgames.com%2Ftrc%2Ftrc-map.jpg&hash=cab4d159c133c5b70add03677f9b31996dfa764b)
I wish them well. At least at that price they won't have to sell as many to make money. ???
High price, no AI, crashes on launch, no response or presence from a new developer... big nope.
That is one butt ugly map.
Wow the price and the map make me...depressed :-[
I wish every game company that puts out a lousy product would price it so high that I'll avoid it.
That's customer service.
Quote from: Senex on January 15, 2022, 06:30:33 PM
I wish every game company that puts out a lousy product would price it so high that I'll avoid it.
That's customer service.
LOL! Words of wisdom.
:DD
Hahaha :D
But...watch the video.
It has Stuka attacks!
I know the map (both the new game and The Russian Campaign) isn't oriented exactly north, but seeing Berlin higher than Moscow remains weird.
Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2022, 05:26:06 AM
I know the map (both the new game and The Russian Campaign) isn't oriented exactly north, but seeing Berlin higher than Moscow remains weird.
Remember the World War I game that was oriented sideways, with east/west facing north/south. That was right out of the twilight zone.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 16, 2022, 05:53:39 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2022, 05:26:06 AM
I know the map (both the new game and The Russian Campaign) isn't oriented exactly north, but seeing Berlin higher than Moscow remains weird.
Remember the World War I game that was oriented sideways, with east/west facing north/south. That was right out of the twilight zone.
But they 'caved' after a while and gave you the map with the usual orientation (in their Gold & Centennial editions).
I remember that game...what was it called again?
Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2022, 10:53:04 AM
I remember that game...what was it called again?
After months of brainstorming they settled on this title : 'World War One'.
Later editions are called World War One Gold & World War One Centennial.
It activates on Steam but you can't buy it on Steam (problems between Ageod and the new company about who has the rights to the game)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/world-war-one-centennial-edition/
Hahaha after I typed the above I remembered and then felt...less than confident in my memory/intelligence :/
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 16, 2022, 05:53:39 AM
Remember the World War I game that was oriented sideways, with east/west facing north/south. That was right out of the twilight zone.
That one decision alone is why I've never played that game.
Never got it after they changed it.
Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 16, 2022, 02:11:43 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 16, 2022, 05:53:39 AM
Remember the World War I game that was oriented sideways, with east/west facing north/south. That was right out of the twilight zone.
That one decision alone is why I've never played that game.
Never got it after they changed it.
Like many things...the road to perdition was paved with good intentions here as well. I believe that the reason for the map orientation was that it synched with the map orientation of a French boardgame called "La Grande Guerre 14-18", that the computer game was somewhat based on. The orientation worked OK for the boardgame...but just did not work well in PC land.
BTW, the original board game is still considered to be one of the best grand strategy games of WWI. It is long out-of-print, but is still sought after and has become a "grail game," with copies routinely selling for $375 on Ebay.
And while delving into PC game trivia. The same company that published the boardgame "La Grande Guerre" (a company called Azure Wish), also published another popular boardgame called "Europa Universalis", that seemed to have worked much better in PC land.
The definitive game on this is War in the East one and two. This game looks crazy for that price. Besides, I have so many Eastern Front games that I don't need any more and am done with the topic. Gets boring after a while. I have war in the east 2 and haven't played it yet. ;D
That looks exactly like Russian Campaign, which I used to play a lot in the 70s. So, it's Russian Campaign without an AI? What would be the point of buying it? And who owns the rights?
Cheers,
CC
Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 17, 2022, 07:48:14 AM
The definitive game on this is War in the East one and two. This game looks crazy for that price. Besides, I have so many Eastern Front games that I don't need any more and am done with the topic. Gets boring after a while. I have war in the east 2 and haven't played it yet. ;D
Agreed, kinda wish they did more with WITE2, like added production and things for plausible alternate history. There's only so many times you can relive Barbarosa, it was just never gonna work. But, I guess you can get HOI for that.
Quote from: Skoop on January 18, 2022, 07:57:59 PM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 17, 2022, 07:48:14 AM
The definitive game on this is War in the East one and two. This game looks crazy for that price. Besides, I have so many Eastern Front games that I don't need any more and am done with the topic. Gets boring after a while. I have war in the east 2 and haven't played it yet. ;D
Agreed, kinda wish they did more with WITE2, like added production and things for plausible alternate history. There's only so many times you can relive Barbarosa, it was just never gonna work. But, I guess you can get HOI for that.
Man. You have time to play that game more than once ? I doubt I will ever get close.