GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 12:48:11 PM

Title: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 12:48:11 PM
Sounds like a definite possibility according to 'The Terminator' for what is probably my favorite PC game of all time  <:-)

Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 19, 2022, 01:35:32 PM
One of my favorites too...fingers crossed it happens.  Now I must confess, immediately bought the Rome remastered, but haven't played a single time.  Nothing wrong with the game, maybe I more bought out of nostalgia versus something I would actually play again after all these years.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 02:00:55 PM
I put about *checks steam* 28 hours into the Rome TW remaster and can say I still enjoy it a lot.

One caveat to my excitement for a Medieval II remaster is that I hope remasters do not take precedence over releasing brand new games like a Medieval III TW.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 19, 2022, 02:22:13 PM
Any thoughts on this?

Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 02:43:12 PM
^I love 1212. However the last update was not automatic and I had to reinstall with the latest model pack. I am going to jump back into it with a campaign as Wallachia.

In the meantime I have been playing the 1100AD mod as Kievan Rus and it is also excellent. And while not as ambitious as 1212, it runs much better because it is based on the Rome 2 TW engine and not Attila.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 19, 2022, 02:45:24 PM
Yeah, I agree with Gus.  1212 is amazing. 

It's honestly just as good or better than anything we'd get from CA at this point.

I don't know if any Medieval III they'd make nowadays would be in that style. 

That said, I'd get a Medieval II remaster day one.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 03:28:11 PM
^1100AD for Rome 2 is also worth your time if you enjoy the era.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Sir Slash on January 19, 2022, 03:35:24 PM
The Turkish Monster Bombard may be my all-time favorite TW unit.  :smitten:  I don't think anything could take it's place. I'm happy to see this old classic game getting all the love it's getting today.  :clap:
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: bobarossa on January 19, 2022, 03:37:04 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 03:28:11 PM
^1100AD for Rome 2 is also worth your time if you enjoy the era.
I loaded up and started 1100AD the other night. Hadn't played a TW game since Medieval 2.  Wow has it changed. Had no idea what to  do.  May have to watch a tutorial.   I hate tutorials.   Way too slow an information uptake. Prefer manuals.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 04:01:41 PM
I also remember the Turkish Monster Bombard very fondly and no that is not a euphemism.

Bobarossa the mod is worth your time. Wait until you try Attila and see the new mechanics in there, like razing cities.

Now that I think about it...players can raze cities in 1100AD as well. I rarely do it.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 19, 2022, 04:15:01 PM
I'll have to try 1100. 

I watched it in development but never tried it because I got distracted by the later games.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 04:48:01 PM
^I didn't even know about it until last week.

1100AD vs 1212AD is the 2022 TW modding version of the rumble in the jungle.

1212 probably wins out of sheer audacity and ambition but 1100 is a worthy opponent :)
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: W8taminute on January 19, 2022, 04:52:15 PM
I just discovered "Chivalry Total War" a mod for RTW: Remastered.  The Terminator has an excellent playthrough video of it and I started a game last night. 

Good stuff from what I see so far.

As for a MTW2: Remaster I'm all in.  MTW2 is not my all time Total War favorite but it's up there due to several excellent mods for it.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 05:10:37 PM
^Also just found out about the Chivalry TW mod today for RTW - saw some bug reports, etc., on Steam but what say you?

I really would love a medieval mod that has a later start date, like 1300AD-1400AD or so. 1212 is planning this but it's not implemented yet.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Toonces on January 19, 2022, 07:02:23 PM
That 1212 mod looks pretty interesting.  Installing now...

Count me in for a M2TW Remaster.  However, it will likely break all the great mods that exist for vanilla.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 07:45:34 PM
^Modders'll remake them, if the mod activity for Rome Remastered is any indication.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Toonces on January 19, 2022, 07:58:42 PM
Just got a first look at the 1212 mod.  Wow, it looks spectacular!
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 08:29:20 PM
 8)
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Sir Slash on January 19, 2022, 11:06:37 PM
There's also some excellent new mods for Attila out, the Age of Justinian 555 Mod looks good and the veteran modder who did it also has a new mod for The Last Roman DLC called, The Age of Belisarius. He plans to link them together along with a later age mod to cover the 500's to 600's and the rise of Islam. 
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: FlickJax on January 20, 2022, 05:22:54 AM
My 1212 keeps crashing, I can start a campaign but then not continue it :(
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: W8taminute on January 20, 2022, 08:25:59 AM
Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2022, 05:10:37 PM
^Also just found out about the Chivalry TW mod today for RTW - saw some bug reports, etc., on Steam but what say you?

I really would love a medieval mod that has a later start date, like 1300AD-1400AD or so. 1212 is planning this but it's not implemented yet.

I've only played about 10 turns of it but so far no bugs encountered.  At least not on the strategic map.  Haven't tried a battle yet.

Quote from: Toonces on January 19, 2022, 07:02:23 PM
That 1212 mod looks pretty interesting.  Installing now...

Count me in for a M2TW Remaster.  However, it will likely break all the great mods that exist for vanilla.

Good point about breaking mods for vanilla.  I hope that they would update those mods for a remastered MTW2.

Quote from: FlickJax on January 20, 2022, 05:22:54 AM
My 1212 keeps crashing, I can start a campaign but then not continue it :(

I've run into that as well.  I also noticed that there was an update last night to the workshop item.  You may want to try starting a new campaign. 

Another thing to try is rebooting your system after a 1212 Atilla crash.  It helped me continue a campaign I had started but ultimately had to abandon due to the 1212 update from last week.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Gusington on January 20, 2022, 09:27:52 AM
FlickJax also check the order that your mods are installed in the mod manager and make sure they are in the correct order. Although that wasn't the cause of my campaign lock-up a few weeks ago it is common to not have all the parts in the correct order sometimes.
Title: Re: Medieval II: Total War - Remastered?
Post by: Sir Slash on January 20, 2022, 11:09:38 AM
The DEI Mod for Rome 2 has an enormous update in the works--good thing. But requires at present you start a new campaign to use it-- very bad thing. I hope they fix this before it goes out of beta.  :hide: