GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2022, 06:52:26 PM

Title: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2022, 06:52:26 PM
Never fully played them, but dabbled....

https://www.pcgamer.com/crysis-4-has-been-announced/
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Gusington on January 26, 2022, 07:43:43 PM
IIRC I played, enjoyed and finished the first Crysis game but haven't played the others.
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 26, 2022, 07:46:33 PM
They're all pretty great.
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Gusington on January 26, 2022, 08:46:43 PM
I remember the armored suit being a really big deal at the time.
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 26, 2022, 08:57:13 PM
See they have remastered versions...may have to try again at some point
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 26, 2022, 09:09:29 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2022, 08:46:43 PM
I remember the armored suit being a really big deal at the time.

Wasn't just that...the graphics were way ahead of their time and the game is sometimes still used as a benchmark all these years after release. Pretty impressive what they accomplished back then.
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: Gusington on January 26, 2022, 09:49:17 PM
Didn't say it was just that. I remember the benchmarking and such as well. Like I said I only actually played that first game...the original, not the remastered.
Title: Re: Crysis 4 announced
Post by: al_infierno on January 27, 2022, 06:20:46 PM
They're all quite good, but I think the first one is probably the most Grog friendly because the open-ish island terrain really makes for some cool tactical choices, and the enemies actually speak Korean on harder difficulties.  Unfortunately, the game's quality falls off a cliff once you get past the island section and into the linear underground tunnels where you shoot floating aliens or whatever.

The sequels did a better job with the "alien" sequences because the aliens walk around like people so you can still sneak up and stab them or whatever... But still, nothing quite beats the feeling from the first game of crawling through the jungle foliage in a stealth suit, and ambushing guys who shout in panicked foreign language that I don't understand a lick of.  :)