GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: al_infierno on June 01, 2022, 06:39:17 PM

Title: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: al_infierno on June 01, 2022, 06:39:17 PM
Warhammer 40k is getting a Doom style retro FPS, which is my absolute jam!  The actual game play in the trailer looks fantastic.  Also gotta love the power metal style logo.

Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: Gusington on June 01, 2022, 07:31:06 PM
I saw this for the first time on Steam earlier today...I'll have to get it, for all the wrong reasons.
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: JasonPratt on June 02, 2022, 08:05:38 AM
There's a non-40K Warhammer Heretic/Hexen-ish game being released in tandem, too.
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: W8taminute on June 02, 2022, 09:52:04 AM
Yet another game to add to my wishlist. 
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: Destraex on June 07, 2022, 06:49:36 PM
I wish they would make a serious space marine simulation. The best we have in that arena is a clunky space hulk deathwing first person game. Where there is one enemy type (with variations) that is pretty run on rails. I am afraid dark tide will have a similar feel. I just cannot shoot the same thing with barely any context anymore. I want proper open world missions... Star Citizen will be enough for this eventually I hope.
But I guess that just is not what 40k is about.
I will stick to Dawn of War 1. The best 40k game ever made.
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: JasonPratt on June 08, 2022, 02:38:10 PM
I'm not sure if Space Hulk: Ascension counts as a serious SM simulation -- mainly because I have always had trouble believing that mere genestealers could tear apart even regular Marines, much less Termies, like paper (but of course the game was originally designed to simply be Aliens vs Colonial Marines with an original IP).

But it's dang serious, and does factor role-play squad management more than other SHulk games have done. (Including the original board game and its iterations.)

That said, much agree that DoW1, especially modded up Soulstorm in recent years, remains the best 40K game overall, so far.
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: Pete Dero on June 09, 2022, 03:22:36 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on June 08, 2022, 02:38:10 PM
I'm not sure if Space Hulk: Ascension counts as a serious SM simulation

Did a Google search for 'serious SM simulation' but I think the results are for a different kind of gaming :).
Title: Re: Warhammer 40k: Boltgun
Post by: Gusington on June 09, 2022, 08:27:31 AM
Maybe it's 'serious SM stimulation'