GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on June 03, 2022, 03:12:53 PM

Title: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Pete Dero on June 03, 2022, 03:12:53 PM


Same as last week : Old World & learning to fly an Airbus 320 in a flight simulator.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: al_infierno on June 03, 2022, 03:20:51 PM
Great song choice!  I remember seeing Nuclear Assault at California Death Fest in 2016.  Great effing band, but man I was exhausted by the end of their set, and there were still four bands afterward!

I've been playing a lot of Intravenous which is a great game - basically like Hotline Miami meets Splinter Cell.  Very tense, and stealth and aggressive combat are both equally viable if you're quick and clever enough. Not sure what I'll play next.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: stolypin on June 03, 2022, 04:15:02 PM
Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm.  (Bought 4 years ago during a Matrix sale, just now getting around to play it).

Also reading about Operation Focus in 1967 in preparation of playing the scenario depicting it in the Shifting Sands DLC for Command Modern Operations.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Dammit Carl! on June 03, 2022, 04:15:24 PM
Seeing Perez win at Monaco has put the racin' bug back in my pants, so Wreckfest and DiRT 2.0 is back on the docket.

Vroom, vroom!

-Team Checo, baby!
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 03, 2022, 05:08:44 PM
Old World, Total War: Troy and Imperiums: Greek Wars.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: jamus34 on June 03, 2022, 05:32:21 PM
No idea. Been in a bit of a rut. Definitely some Elden ring, but beyond that not certain. I got Planet Zoo off the most recent Humble choice month (I usually suspend every month but I've been wanting this one for a while so I figured why not) so I might crack that open.

Maybe a wargame, maybe FM or OOTP
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: CJReich46 on June 03, 2022, 05:53:17 PM
Okay survived the week, we're going through "personnel changes" (that is they quit after the corporate managers fired our store manager) So we're going through some "turbulence". So I'm off until Sunday (back to mornings again  :buck2: ) but I have the same schedule so it's not so bad.

Gaming wise:

Distant Worlds 1.0.4.9 BETA
  - some new features to the beta patch. Notably when you mouse over the research icon on the top of the screen it will show a drop down of your cued research and indicate the research that has been "crashed."

Gladius Relics of War
- Free weekend on Steam, so I figured why not? Kind of impressed with it.



Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 03, 2022, 06:21:41 PM
^Good luck with the job man.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: W8taminute on June 03, 2022, 07:52:13 PM
^^Yeah good luck with the job.

I'll be playing daughter graduates high school so I'm not sure how many other games I'll get to play. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 03, 2022, 08:40:04 PM
Congrats!
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: devoncop on June 04, 2022, 09:20:17 AM
Platinum Jubilee for her Mag Queen Elizabeth II here in the UK and you can't move in my part without running into Union Jack bunting, street parties and cream teas so as is my wont I have gone to ground , with more Atom RPG and Old World trying to avoid my Carthaginians getting crushed by Assyria and Egypt....
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 04, 2022, 10:59:26 AM
I read that the Queen herself could not make it to the second day of the Jubilee, including the Troop the Colours. She was feeling tired, weak, etc. IMHO she actually looks healthier and more spry than Charles.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: devoncop on June 04, 2022, 12:53:00 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2022, 10:59:26 AM
I read that the Queen herself could not make it to the second day of the Jubilee, including the Troop the Colours. She was feeling tired, weak, etc. IMHO she actually looks healthier and more spry than Charles.

Charles unsurprisingly  has the look of a man who ditched Diana for Camilla. Serves him right. ;)
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 04, 2022, 04:34:51 PM
^That too is...unfathomable to me :/
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: W8taminute on June 05, 2022, 08:56:49 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 03, 2022, 08:40:04 PM
Congrats!

Thanks!  Made it through the day and all had a good time at the party we hosted.  I've got leftovers for days.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2022, 09:07:48 AM
I can stop by shortly to help you out.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: undercovergeek on June 05, 2022, 10:36:47 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2022, 09:07:48 AM
I can stop by shortly to help you out.

How else are you going to drop by
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: W8taminute on June 05, 2022, 07:03:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2022, 09:07:48 AM
I can stop by shortly to help you out.

You're welcome any time.  I'd even fire up some fresh burgers for you.   :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 05, 2022, 08:18:28 PM
Always shortly...'tis true :/

Fresh burgers! What do you give peeps you don't like haha
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Anguille on June 06, 2022, 04:59:29 AM
Very busy weekend  :D. Try to place some:

- Star Dynasties
- Interstellar Space Genesis with the new DLC
- Field of Glory: Empires

Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: devoncop on June 06, 2022, 05:05:44 AM
Quote from: Anguille on June 06, 2022, 04:59:29 AM
Very busy weekend  :D. Try to place some:

- Star Dynasties
- Interstellar Space Genesis with the new DLC
- Field of Glory: Empires

Anguille...


How do you find Star Dynasties ?

Its one I have been keeping on my wishlist for a while.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: W8taminute on June 06, 2022, 07:52:05 AM
Quote from: Gusington on June 05, 2022, 08:18:28 PM
Always shortly...'tis true :/

Fresh burgers! What do you give peeps you don't like haha

That's easy, I give them the turkey burgers and keep the black angus beef for only the VIPs.   :)
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 06, 2022, 08:12:24 AM
^That is so true. Turkey burgers are the devil's meat.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: jamus34 on June 06, 2022, 08:13:51 AM
Turkey Burgers are one step up from serving a hockey puck.

They are vile, nasty things that I wish was never invented.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Gusington on June 06, 2022, 08:35:07 AM
If you put cheese on the hockey puck I'll take that instead.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Jarhead0331 on June 06, 2022, 08:45:01 AM
I unexpectedly used most of my game time this weekend playing Hardspace: Shipbreaker. It is really has a fantastic gameplay loop and the addition of the storyline and elements of progression since the last time I played in early access bring it to an unanticipated new level.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: Anguille on June 06, 2022, 11:09:19 AM
Quote from: devoncop on June 06, 2022, 05:05:44 AM
Anguille...

How do you find Star Dynasties ?

Its one I have been keeping on my wishlist for a while.
I think it's a great game but find it very demanding. There's always a lot happening and a lot to read. I usually play more or less 30 minutes at a time as it requires a lot of attention and concentration. It's very complex and gets deeper once your empire grows. I am still playing my first game and control 14-15 systems. In order to win, i should control more then 56 systems...going to take a while

Title: Re: FRIDAY in Hell
Post by: devoncop on June 06, 2022, 12:39:14 PM
Oh wow.

Thanks for that. The galaxy maps did not look very large so I am surprised at the game length.

Will be a good one to get when I am out of gaming inspiration and looking for a good timesink then !

Cheers Anguille.