GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Fetrik on June 23, 2022, 01:11:33 PM

Title: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Fetrik on June 23, 2022, 01:11:33 PM
Get your buys in.

The sale end at 7/7.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 23, 2022, 02:21:10 PM
I can't for the life of me think of anything I want this time around. 

Doesn't mean I'm not going to spend a boat load.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Gusington on June 23, 2022, 02:44:45 PM
That's the spirit.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Geezer on June 23, 2022, 03:10:00 PM
Lucky for me I just went back to playing Elder Scrolls Online.  That should blunt any enthusiasm for pruning my wishlist this time around.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Redwolf on June 23, 2022, 03:16:56 PM
I got
- UBOAT
- Aircraft Carrier Survival

Didn't know I need them. Unlikely I ever play them :D

Cool games tho
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: W8taminute on June 23, 2022, 03:48:40 PM
I got a good feeling about this one even though nothing on my wishlist is deeply discounted. 
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: FlickJax on June 24, 2022, 03:04:40 AM
i havent really played any of the last dozen or so games i bought... must be getting old
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: CJReich46 on June 24, 2022, 07:00:27 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on June 24, 2022, 03:04:40 AM
i havent really played any of the last dozen or so games i bought... must be getting old

Ditto. However there might be a few I might be interested in.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Lollipop Guild on June 24, 2022, 09:43:32 AM
I bought a DLC for Command Ops 2, Highway to the Reich which was -40% off. I was tempted by War in the East 2 too but was hoping for more than -30% off. I'm still considering it though since it's obviously still a very good price. Sort of game I could see myself playing forever. 
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Ian C on June 24, 2022, 02:30:32 PM
I literally have dozens of games I've never played or even installed from STEAM sales. Yet, I'll buy even more.
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: W8taminute on June 24, 2022, 03:06:07 PM
Welcome aboard Lollipop Guild!

I'm also interested in War in the East 2 but I was hoping for a bit more discount off of the retail price. 

Ian I too have quite a few games I've bought, never installed or played, and I keep buying more.  I've got games I thought I wanted so badly that after playing for a few too many hours past the return policy I am suffering from buyers remorse. 

But I'll most likely buy something during this sale.  Haha!
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: JasonPratt on June 24, 2022, 03:07:57 PM
I had added about $150 in games to my shopping cart, and was in the process of methodically dialing back (while checking for possible additions elsewhere) -- I had gotten somewhere below $100 already -- when all of a sudden, I noticed my shopping cart was empty.

After confirming my cart was suddenly empty, I panicked momentarily wondering if I had somehow purchased the remainder without realizing it (the panic would be about 'not realizing it'); but I also confirmed no new purchases.

So Steam quietly dumped the remaining games out of my cart, without my consent.

......thus tamping down my interest in buying more games I probably won't play during this sale!  :clap: :bd: :hide:
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Gusington on June 24, 2022, 03:25:55 PM
Is that a bug or a feature?
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: jamus34 on June 24, 2022, 05:32:42 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 24, 2022, 03:25:55 PM
Is that a bug or a feature?

Yes
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Father Ted on June 24, 2022, 05:41:36 PM
Quote from: Lollipop Guild on June 24, 2022, 09:43:32 AM
I bought a DLC for Command Ops 2, Highway to the Reich which was -40% off. I was tempted by War in the East 2 too but was hoping for more than -30% off. I'm still considering it though since it's obviously still a very good price. Sort of game I could see myself playing forever.

So obvs the DLC for Command Ops is a solid purchase - fantastic game.  WitE 2 is also stellar, but, as you say, time constraints apply
Title: Re: Steam summer sale has started!
Post by: Gusington on June 24, 2022, 05:59:56 PM
 ;D