GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Rayfer on June 24, 2022, 09:02:44 AM

Title: Steam Summer Sale: RPG's
Post by: Rayfer on June 24, 2022, 09:02:44 AM
Thinking of a new RPG...saw two that looked interesting.  Solasta: Crown of the Magister or Black Geyser. Anyone familiar with either, comments, one better than the other??  Thanks.
Title: Re: Steam Summer Sale: RPG's
Post by: acctingman on June 24, 2022, 09:28:32 AM
I bought Solasta:Crown of the Magister. It's really good. Probably top 5 CRPG I've played.
Title: Re: Steam Summer Sale: RPG's
Post by: CJReich46 on June 24, 2022, 12:02:11 PM
Solasta is good. The initial campaign is challenging some say weak on story but I liked it. What I liked a lot was the 3D aspect of it. If you're in a cave, you can crawl under things, climb over, jump to them and so on. Makes the combats very tactical and dangerous. It's 5th edition D&D so bear that in mind.

Even better? The Dungeon Master section - it allows you to craft your own campaigns dungeons etc. There are some amazing ones done by designers.

I have it on Game Pass. At least to my knowledge your characters  can only level  as far as level 10, there is no further than that. Just FYI. I don't know if they expanded that yet. But I liked it and it gave me incentive to make my own party members and try out ideas.

Just an update - you can level up to Level 12.