Soldiers from 2nd 1st Battalion Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment said farewell to the 3 kiwis killed in Afghanistan with an awesome Haka. Some of you might be familiar with the haka from watching the All Blacks rugby team but this is a different haka that is unique to the unit and, to be honest, the ABs have nothing on this.
http://youtu.be/xI6TRTBZUMM (http://youtu.be/xI6TRTBZUMM)
Thanks for posting that. Bizarre, yet totally badass.
May the fallen RIP.
That was really cool. Thank you for sharing, and thank you to those who lost their lives. RIP.
Gold.
Hard to understand if it's not part of your culture. To
The best one I ever saw on the internet (I'm going to guess it was made up!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXad30DSfg
To the NZ army:
If you've lost a Maori soldier, then I'm sorry for your loss of a real warrior. They are few and far between.
@Pinetree - Very powerful video thanks for sharing.
Got me wondering.
Do the Gurkhas have something similar?
If you play Gridiron, It's like your opponent ripping off his helmet and any protective gear and saying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jRw44kZ6c&feature=related
They're all good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jRw44kZ6c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_rotEpFtZU&feature=related
Thanks for posting Pinetree. Until last year I didn't even know what a haka was.
Awesome, and very emotive.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2012, 05:59:55 AM
Thanks for posting that. Bizarre, yet totally badass.
May the fallen RIP.
+1
Thanks for sharing,
Pinetree.