GrogHeads Forum

IRL (In Real Life) => Current Events => Topic started by: Barthheart on August 28, 2012, 11:24:32 AM

Title: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: Barthheart on August 28, 2012, 11:24:32 AM
Any of you Grogs in the path of this thing get ready and be safe! :o

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theweathernetwork.com%2Fcommon%2Fimages%2Fuploadnewstorm%2FIsaacRain_art-7-18049.jpg&hash=eba0f6a071a11687d25d6f6244d57f87b94702ea)

(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nhc.noaa.gov%2Fstorm_graphics%2FAT09%2Frefresh%2FAL0912W5_NL%2Bgif%2F152333W5_NL_sm.gif&hash=e0f1155e1c28a6beaa7c7fc1da5440fdba443324)
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: bayonetbrant on August 28, 2012, 11:32:41 AM
yep - right at my family again.  sheesh.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: LongBlade on August 28, 2012, 11:42:30 AM
I just got word from a friend that things are looking fairly good. The storm is weakening. I think NOLA should weather it fairly well.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: TheCommandTent on August 28, 2012, 11:49:32 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 28, 2012, 11:32:41 AM
yep - right at my family again.  sheesh.

Hope you they stay safe Brant.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: OJsDad on August 28, 2012, 09:24:11 PM
I hope all are safe that are in the path of this storm, but I hope we get the 3-5 inches of rain they're saying we may get on Sunday/Monday when it gets to NW Ohio.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: bayonetbrant on August 29, 2012, 06:31:31 AM
Talked to my grandmother last night, and they're hunkered down OK right now.  Other family are posting updates on Facebook, so they've still got power / internet for now.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: Staggerwing on August 29, 2012, 06:38:32 AM
Stay safe.
Title: Re: Issac to be Cat. 1 when it hits!
Post by: steve58 on August 29, 2012, 03:43:24 PM
Here's a great satellite photo of Issac from yesterday that I just came across...

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=Isaac.A2012241.1630.2km.jpg

... and here's a more recent photo:
http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/imagery/single.cgi?image=Isaac.A2012242.1715.2km.jpg

I'm reading that Issac is dumping more rain than Katrina  :o

Hope everyone in that area is OK....