GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on November 11, 2022, 05:50:23 PM

Title: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Pete Dero on November 11, 2022, 05:50:23 PM



Terra Invicta and Anno 1800.

Have a fun weekend.


Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: bobarossa on November 11, 2022, 06:01:23 PM
Great song!

More Shadow Empires but I'm getting a hankering for some Russia bashing in WitE 2.  Haven't played it in at least a year.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Geezer on November 11, 2022, 06:25:56 PM
Put Terra Invicta on hold for now as I'm playing New World on one of the new fresh start servers.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 11, 2022, 06:30:08 PM
The Obsidian RPG Tyranny.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Anguille on November 11, 2022, 10:10:14 PM
On a business trip in La Paz, Bolivia, so playing on my old utrabook:

- Civilization 3: Conquest as the Incas (the mesoamerica scenario).
- Sherlock Holmes adventure
- Gates of Troy

Have a good weekend
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Destraex on November 11, 2022, 11:17:46 PM
* DCS
* Iron Harvest
* AOE IV
* WARNO
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Phantom on November 12, 2022, 05:57:45 AM
Yes, great song - not heard of them before - looks like a little trawling through YouTube Music to accompany my game of Distant Plain.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: MengJiao on November 12, 2022, 07:31:38 AM
Quote from: Destraex on November 11, 2022, 11:17:46 PM
* DCS
* Iron Harvest
* AOE IV
* WARNO

Maybe some DCS, definitely some Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts and some boardgames
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Rayfer on November 12, 2022, 08:39:22 AM
Great video PS....never heard of them but really like the song and their sound.  Still playing more boardgames than on the PC.  Winding down from Warfighter and looking to get Sherman Leader on the table.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: FarAway Sooner on November 12, 2022, 12:59:14 PM
For me it would be Distant Worlds 2, but I've run into a little bug in my current save that has me temporarily looking for another alternative rather than restarting.  So maybe it'll be Old World or Unity of Command 2, unless my family gets a new puppy, in which case it'll likely be playing Dog 5.0!
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 02:49:45 PM
It's movie weekend for me.  Barnes and Noble has a 50% off sale on Criterion so I came home with a grab bag of goodies.  What to watch first?   :dreamer:

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhYpgC5VIAAUlrU?format=jpg&name=large)
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 02:55:07 PM
^I have not seen the others but Miller's Crossing is incredible.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 03:03:35 PM
You haven't seen Come and See!?  Dude, that's absolutely essential Grognard viewing!  Real bleak view of the life of Partisans in Eastern Europe during WW2.

But yeah, Miller's Crossing is definitely a top 5 all-time film for me.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 03:50:42 PM
I know, I know...is Come and See streaming anywhere? I only see physical copies available :/
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 12, 2022, 03:55:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 03:50:42 PM
I know, I know...is Come and See streaming anywhere? I only see physical copies available :/

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24614.msg672611#msg672611 (http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24614.msg672611#msg672611)
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 04:12:03 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 03:50:42 PM
I know, I know...is Come and See streaming anywhere? I only see physical copies available :/

You can watch the full movie for free on Youtube, though the quality/subtitles might be iffy compared to a physical copy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjIiApN6cfg
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 04:13:19 PM
^Was just going to post that:

Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Father Ted on November 12, 2022, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 02:49:45 PM
It's movie weekend for me.  Barnes and Noble has a 50% off sale on Criterion so I came home with a grab bag of goodies.  What to watch first?   :dreamer:

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhYpgC5VIAAUlrU?format=jpg&name=large)

Snowflake that I am,  a few of those aren't on my watchlist, but I'm a sucker for a western and I believe the remake of 3:10 is a decent watch
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 08:59:05 PM
Yeah the newer 3:10 to Yuma is supposed to be very good.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 10:02:14 PM
The 3:10 to Yuma remake is an OK action film with wild west window-dressing, but it really doesn't have anything on the original IMO.  I watched the original for the first time tonight and it's a master-class in "calm before the storm" dread.  A good chunk of the movie is just the good guys slowly breaking down under pressure while they wait for the train to come along.  Only a few people die through the course of the film, but it's more about the build-up and the character drama than the action itself (which is still very good by '50s standards, though dated by today's).

Throne of Blood is an excellent Macbeth-gone-samurai adaptation by the legendary director Akira Kurosawa, starring the equally legendary Toshiro Mifune in his archetypical badass samurai role.  The awesome visuals and insane stunts near the end make it well worth sitting through yet another telling of a tired old story IMO.  Basically, the crew literally fire volleys of arrows 5 feet away from Mifune's head for a late-film sequence.   :o

Videodrome is not for the faint of heart.   :buck2:

Have not actually seen Notorious yet, but I've heard great things and Hitchcock was of course the master of suspense.

Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: MengJiao on November 13, 2022, 08:14:32 AM
Quote from: al_infierno on November 12, 2022, 10:02:14 PM

Have not actually seen Notorious yet, but I've heard great things and Hitchcock was of course the master of suspense.


  Notorious is pretty good.  It's more of a character-oriented thing as the Cary Grant character realizes "I was a fathead full of pain."  BUT
Ingrid Bergman!  Yow!
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Sigwolf on November 13, 2022, 10:02:07 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 12, 2022, 03:50:42 PM
I know, I know...is Come and See streaming anywhere? I only see physical copies available :/
The only place I see it is available for streaming is the Criterion Channel.

https://www.criterionchannel.com/come-and-see

Subscription required, but I believe they have a free trial.

edit... oops, missed page 2 before I replied.  Oh well, at least you know the video quality will be good with the Criterion option.
Title: Re: FRIDAY in a trashcan
Post by: Gusington on November 13, 2022, 04:48:29 PM
^Thanks man. I will be watching Come and See very soon.