GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on December 10, 2022, 12:07:31 AM

Title: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 10, 2022, 12:07:31 AM
This is from the same developer who made Rise of Liberty. I have high hopes...it's one of the first WWI games I've seen where the combat actually looks like something out of WWI.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1560250/Rising_Front/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1560250/Rising_Front/)
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2022, 06:26:27 AM
And looks like set to release to early access mid-late this month....I love learning about games that come out soon so it doesn't seem like a long wait:)  Certainly will check that out.  If I remember Rise of Liberty, was cool to play around with but not sure it lasted long for me but if this game in same price range, no brainer to try it out.  Thanks for the heads up.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Sigwolf on December 10, 2022, 11:57:14 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 10, 2022, 12:07:31 AM
it's one of the first WWI games I've seen where the combat actually looks like something out of WWI.

Unfortunately, so do the graphics.   :D

On a more serious note, it does look interesting, but the art style kind of strains my suspension of disbelief.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2022, 01:58:30 PM
 :dreamer:

I probably don't need to say this but I instantly wishlisted.

Oh and also GIGGITY. I don't mind the graphics. Reading the description, it sounds like single player but it doesn't come right out and say either way...or did I miss that?
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2022, 02:51:12 PM
Says single player on the store page, right hand side
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2022, 03:10:00 PM
I see it now that I expanded the description, it was buried. It's tagged with like 25 different descriptors!
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: MC on December 10, 2022, 07:14:20 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2022, 03:10:00 PM
I see it now that I expanded the description, it was buried. It's tagged with like 25 different descriptors!

I didn't see the loin-moistening descriptor. Must have been an oversight.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on December 10, 2022, 08:53:53 PM
^That's inferred  :nerd:
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: em2nought on December 10, 2022, 09:18:06 PM
Hot diggity!
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Father Ted on December 12, 2022, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 10, 2022, 08:53:53 PM
^That's inferred  :nerd:

Looks more like Easy Red
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: W8taminute on December 12, 2022, 02:39:26 PM
Definitely interested in this one.  I don't mind the graphics as long as the gameplay is solid.  Actually, I think the graphics are kind of cute in this game.

Plus I love ragdoll physics as mentioned on the store page.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 03:03:00 PM
Seems like target release is after the steam Xmas sale, which is January 5th....hopefully not too much after that
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 01, 2023, 04:33:58 PM
Oh my.  Almost forgot about this one.

My cup runneth over!
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2023, 04:58:39 PM
The release date of this could possibly be this month?? Loins...engaging...
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2023, 05:23:40 PM
I've heard 1/6 per the last trailer.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: W8taminute on January 01, 2023, 10:17:38 PM
January 6 you say.  That's only a couple of days away! 

Btw happy new year everyone.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 05, 2023, 07:44:20 PM
Saw today that release is January 14th.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 05, 2023, 07:56:24 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 05, 2023, 07:44:20 PM
Saw today that release is January 14th.

I saw that update too. Disappointing.  :-\
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on January 05, 2023, 08:39:30 PM
Next Saturday! We can make it 'til then.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2023, 01:52:48 PM
Now released for roughly $13
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 14, 2023, 02:00:34 PM
Purchased!   :tophat:
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2023, 02:09:27 PM
Yep, me too....kind of neat watching the battle as the troops try to storm the trench.  Some really early impressions.....although the graphics look fine, I see a lot of floating troops and for some, legs not even moving.  Also as I scroll around the map, instead of it auto adjusting above the ground, it clips right into it and graphics become a mess.  I am also probably missing it, but when trying to watch, still have to use WSAD keys, versus being able to scroll around with the mouse.

With all that said, I fully expect this to be a decent game and worth the small price.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2023, 02:26:40 PM
Just played my first battle, actually controlling my soldier.  Was pretty fun and very hectic, as it should be in trench warfare.  It was kind of cool being part of the attack, while seeing all the chaos around you.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: JasonPratt on January 14, 2023, 04:00:12 PM
PURCHASED! -- oh, hey, I didn't realize this is the same developer as Rise of Liberty! I guess they were testing some of the tech back there!
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 14, 2023, 05:34:28 PM
I personally think this needed more time in development before release.

Good potential, but clearly needs substantial work.
Title: Re: Oh Gus….more WWI incoming
Post by: Gusington on January 15, 2023, 01:44:04 PM
^The reviews on Steam reflect the last half dozen or so posts above. Being a First World War nerd, for 13.00, I find it hard to resist. I hope work continues on for this.