GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on December 28, 2022, 07:02:23 AM

Title: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 28, 2022, 07:02:23 AM
Kind of an interesting feature of Steam this year that I don't believe happened before, when I logged in today, it gave me the option of basically seeing a report that summarized my playing habits against other Steam users.  Was kind of neat to see and makes me think I need to change my habits:)

Some tidbits from mine....

86% of my play time was from a single game, which was a sports baseball game.  Kind of surprised on this one:)

Played 72 different games, which 58 of the games were newly released; overall Steam average was 5...yikes.

Only unlocked 12 achievements, Steam Average is 21....not surprising as I hate unlocks/achievements so no big deal for me

Longest streak of playing Steam games each day was 22 days, Steam average was 9.  Says I did this in July, believe that is when I was mostly on vacation:)

Games Played by Release Timing
---New Games (2022) 71%, compared to Steam Average of 17%.....I guess I take a lot of risks on new games:)
---1-7 Years Old - 23%, compared to Steam Average of 64%.....kind of goes with number one, other people are more patient than me:)
---8+ Years - 6%, compared to Steam Average of 19%.....par for the course based on other stats:)

Based on my play habits, I guess I am firmly in the court where if Steam would disappear and I would lose my old games, wouldn't matter much to me as it seems I hardly ever play them:)

Again, probably meaningless data but thought kind of cool to see....
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 08:42:28 AM
I love stuff like that - how do you access it?
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: JasonPratt on December 28, 2022, 08:48:24 AM
Hm! -- I logged in several times yesterday but didn't get that option. Must be new today?

I shudder to even guess about my stats! (But I shall report them asap.  >:D )
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Grim.Reaper on December 28, 2022, 08:54:53 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 08:42:28 AM
I love stuff like that - how do you access it?

When I opened steam this morning, it was a popup message to me.  I suspect you probably can find elsewhere in your profile, message inbox, etc....but away from computer now so can't check.
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 09:05:46 AM
Cool - not sure if I am better off knowing my stats or not...I do check my library almost daily. If I play a 30.00 dollar game for 10 hours or more I feel that 3.00 an hour for escape/amusement of any type is well worth it. Even if the game was kicking my ass, as happens more and more lately :/
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: bobarossa on December 28, 2022, 11:46:13 AM
Played 7 games
65% of time was on Hex of Steel
23 day streak
17% new games
57% recent games
28% old games
Only 18% of my time on Steam has been since July 1st (thanks to Shadow Empire from Sept 30 to Dec 7)
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Jarhead0331 on December 28, 2022, 11:56:02 AM
To access your own Steam Replay, click on the 'New & Noteworthy' section and click on 'Steam Replay 2022.'

Jesus...

I played 121 games, 72 of them new.
13% Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord was my most played game. Most others were in the 5-6%, which tells me I have the attention span of my 3-year old.
VTOL VR was my most played VR game at 35%
95 achievements unlocked
Most games are in the space/40K/WWII/flight genres
Longest daily streak was 20-days, and involved ARMA 3, Bannerlord, Executive Assault 2, VTOL VR, Expeditions: Rome, Ready or Not, Easy Red II, Combat Mission Black Sea, Distant Worlds 2 and WARNO.
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: solops on December 28, 2022, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on December 28, 2022, 11:46:13 AM
Played 7 games
65% of time was on Hex of Steel
23 day streak
17% new games
57% recent games
28% old games
Only 18% of my time on Steam has been since July 1st (thanks to Shadow Empire from Sept 30 to Dec 7)
+1
SE has been a Steam killer. Distant Worlds had a chance, but their poopy policy towards direct purchasers and beta updates has caused me to shelve that game for good.
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Tripoli on December 28, 2022, 12:31:21 PM
I'm a wuss: 

10 games played

82% Grand Tactician USCW
8% No Man's Sky
4% Destroyer: U boat hunter

10 games played, 7 new games, 7 Achievements unlocked, 3 day longest streak

Yet I will buy more games and not play them.....
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: solops on December 28, 2022, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on December 28, 2022, 12:31:21 PM

Yet I will buy more games and not play them.....
+1 go team!
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 28, 2022, 01:33:35 PM
I need to up my naval warfare play.  Come on Task Force Admiral!


Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Gusington on December 28, 2022, 02:59:53 PM
Heh I love this.

75 games played
29 new games, 7 demos played
16% Old World
13% Total War: Attila
8% Total War: Three Kingdoms
Longest streak: 24 days, June 27-July 21 (10 games played)

29% of games played were released in 2022 vs. 17% for the average player on Steam
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: al_infierno on December 28, 2022, 03:20:59 PM
84 games played
37 new games
9 demos
1 playtest (my game)

17% Project Zomboid
12% Ready or Not
10% Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord

Longest streak: 37 days, 20 games played
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Anguille on December 28, 2022, 03:26:00 PM
Funny stuff! Like this:

24% Oriental Empires with 113 sessions
21% Master of orion with 88 sessions
13% Imperiums: Greek Wars with 71 sessions

204 successes unlocked in 18 games with 75 exceptional ones.
42 days in a row played with 17 games.
63 games launched and (only) 10 new games
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: -budd- on December 28, 2022, 06:18:16 PM
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52591897657_69b7c7ca0e_h.jpg)
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Redwolf on December 28, 2022, 06:28:44 PM
World of guns was my #1 on Steam. No surprise there. Most of my gaming is not on Steam, it is BFC games (Combat Mission) and Lord of the Rings online.

A funny one is #2 - MS Flight simulator - I don't actually play that thing, all this "play" time is from me leaving the launcher open to pick up updates :D

DCS is #3.
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: JasonPratt on January 03, 2023, 08:17:15 AM
Finally got around to finding it!

28 new games, 1 demo played, 61 games total. (Steam average 5.)
Longest streak was 98 days (Steam average 9.)
Actually unlocked 114 achievements (which surprised me. Steam average 21.)

21% of playtime was 7DtD, 97 sessions played.
10% Middle-earth: Shadow of War, 33 sessions played.
8% Field of Glory Empires, 251 sessions played.

8% of games were new releases (during 2022); 77% released up to 7 years ago; 15% released 8 or more years ago.

The web wasn't surprising, except for "trains" (....??? I played a lot of 18xx.games in the past few months but that has nothing to do with Steam. I messed around a few hours in Railroads! Online, but no idea why that showed up on the web.) Naval Combat was a little surprising: a spent a few hours on Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnaughts, but probably more hours on Warhammer: Man-o-war: Corsairs. Which this year wasn't a lot.

Received 6 community awards, all for my 'reviews' explaining what the missions are in CommandOps 2.

August and December had the least playtime by far, which is a little surprising in the case of December. (Either of them really.)
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: SlagDog on January 03, 2023, 01:23:59 PM
37 Games played (I thought it was interesting that the Steam average is only 5)
12 New Games
2 demos

Skyrim 50%
Fallout 4 6%
Distant Worlds 3%

37 achievements unlocked
24 day longest game streak

My graph was Space, Medieval, Co-op Campaign and 4x themed lol well that's eclectic (I find that weird since the majority of the time was playing Skyrim)

March and November are my big months that I play games compared to other months. What would Freud say about that I wonder :)
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: Geezer on January 03, 2023, 01:31:21 PM
Here is my recap.

Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: FarAway Sooner on January 03, 2023, 04:40:04 PM
I'm apparently a ho for 4x titles.  I can't say I'm surprised.  Distant Worlds 2 led my charge, followed by Endless Space 2, Stars in Shadow , Interstellar Space: Genesis, and Wizards and Warlords. 

I never played games more than 7 days in a row.  Damn kids!  Damn college football!!  Damn World Cup!!! ;D
Title: Re: Steam Replay 2022 - Interesting Recap
Post by: W8taminute on January 03, 2023, 04:49:55 PM
Oh the inner nerd in my loves this type of stuff. 

Here are my stats.  Everyone sit down!