GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 12:00:23 PM

Title: 2023 Games....
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 12:00:23 PM
With 2022 under wraps, now time to look forward to 2023 new games....right now these are the ones I am keeping my eye on but I am sure will change throughout the year.  What are you looking most forward to, maybe I missed some that I need to get on my wish list:)

- Hogwarts Legacy
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor
- Starfield
- EA's PGA Golf Game
- Company of Heroes 3
- Blood Bowl 3
- Crime Boss: Rockay City (little unsure)
- Stalker 2 (if it makes it in 2023)
- The Great War: Western Front
- Men of War II
- Jagged Alliance 3
- Homeworld 3
- Broken Arrow
- Ultimate General: American Revolution (saw this listed on a site for 2023, but haven't seen much so not really hopeful)
- Manor Lords

My usual cycle of sports games I play:
- ActionPC Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, and Golf (if there is a new version)
- EA Games - Madden, NHL, FIFA
- NBA 2K
- The Show


Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: 88mmkwk on January 01, 2023, 12:53:29 PM
There's really only one LMA (loin-moistening arrival) that I am waiting for:  Second Front

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/)

I'm somewhat blown away at what such a small shop could produce in Second Front.  Day 1 purchase for me, even if I never played it just to show support for a small independent development team....
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Father Ted on January 01, 2023, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: 88mmkwk on January 01, 2023, 12:53:29 PM
Second Front

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/)

I'm somewhat blown away at what such a small shop could produce in Second Front.  Day 1 purchase for me, even if I never played it just to show support for a small independent development team....

I'll second that, definitely.

I'm also looking forward (in no particular order) to:

Field of Glory: Kingdoms
Manor Lords
Operation: Harsh Doorstop

the next Command Ops 2 scenario pack

That's just from Steam.  There'll be a few bits and pieces, if not a new module, for IL2:BoX to pick up as well.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: GDS_Starfury on January 01, 2023, 01:30:49 PM
Homeworld 3 and Second Front
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Anguille on January 01, 2023, 01:36:34 PM
Mostly Horizon 2 for me for the moment
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 01, 2023, 01:57:54 PM
in addition to some of the others I've already seen posted:

Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age
Fragile Existence
Falling Frontier
DCS F-15E
DCS F-4 Phantom
DCS Eurofighter
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 02:32:18 PM
How could I forget second front:)  Absolutely on my list too...
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 02:34:15 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on January 01, 2023, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: 88mmkwk on January 01, 2023, 12:53:29 PM
Second Front

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/)

I'm somewhat blown away at what such a small shop could produce in Second Front.  Day 1 purchase for me, even if I never played it just to show support for a small independent development team....

I'll second that, definitely.

I'm also looking forward (in no particular order) to:

Field of Glory: Kingdoms
Manor Lords
Operation: Harsh Doorstop

the next Command Ops 2 scenario pack

That's just from Steam.  There'll be a few bits and pieces, if not a new module, for IL2:BoX to pick up as well.

I have been so tempted to pick up all the packs for Command OPs 2 in the holiday sale, but just concerned on whether the game ever gets the official patches and future content.  Always seems like roadblocks come up and further delays for years.  Granted, the current version is probably good enough even without that stuff...but just future timely support keeps me on the fence. 
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Gusington on January 01, 2023, 02:52:35 PM
The Great War is my top pick but Homeworld 3, Ultimate General: American Revolution, Manor Lords, and Field of Glory 2: Kingdoms are very close behind.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: planetbrain on January 01, 2023, 03:39:23 PM
Not necessarily in order of preference:

Sea Power : Naval Combat in the Missile Age

STAR FLEET II - Krellan Commander Version 2.0

Command Ops 2: Bradley at Bay

Task Force Admiral

Nuclear War Simulator

Modern Naval Warfare

+ about 50 others

I'm not even sure that some of these will be 2023

Edit:
How could I have neglected to include Second Front? That probably is top of list.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: -budd- on January 01, 2023, 04:46:42 PM
not in any order

Second Front
Bradley at Bay
Shadow Empire- Oceania
Panzer Battles Moscow
Field Of Glory- Kingdoms
No More Room in Hell 2
Trepang 2
Selaco
Starfield
Deadnaut-Signal Lost
Zephon
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Geezer on January 01, 2023, 06:08:35 PM
Nothing.  I don't have time to play half my games now.   :'(
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: matt3916 on January 01, 2023, 06:19:40 PM
What is this "play" of which you speak?
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 01, 2023, 09:04:38 PM
Lol, I got no clue what's coming down the pipe anymore.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Father Ted on January 01, 2023, 09:08:02 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 01, 2023, 02:34:15 PM

I have been so tempted to pick up all the packs for Command OPs 2 in the holiday sale, but just concerned on whether the game ever gets the official patches and future content.  Always seems like roadblocks come up and further delays for years.  Granted, the current version is probably good enough even without that stuff...but just future timely support keeps me on the fence.

The game is where it is development-wise: evidentially it will be a slow process to make changes.  I would say that it is entirely a satisfying experience in its current iteration, so would recommend picking up whichever of those packs interest you.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Sir Slash on January 01, 2023, 11:19:12 PM
Second Front will be my First Choice. Happy 2023 Grogs.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: CJReich46 on January 02, 2023, 02:13:22 AM
Hmmm... I'm patient however.

Field of Glory Kingdoms

Task Force Admiral

and yeah Geezer I'm right with ya.

Starfleet Krellan Commander 2.0?! :o OMG. I remember that game when I was in High School! Never got to play it.


Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Destraex on January 02, 2023, 04:40:54 AM
Homeworld 3
Task Force Admiral - if it seems like I will have a meaningful impact on gameplay in a realistic way without it being so dry it is unplayable and predicatable.
DCS - A lot will probably come out this year but I already have enough modules. The Typhoon is one I want simply to be able to compete with the Eagle. But I guess I can already sort of do that with the F16 albiet with less powerful radar, loadout etc. I would prefer a Rafael because of it's carrier capabilities. I am a chopper tragic atm however, finding aircraft a bit meh atm choppers can do so much more.
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 if it ever comes to steam and turns out to have actual features other than an engine update and a half arsed rendition of their original spinning systems idea. I really want it to be a Stellaris with better combat that the player controls in detail. I think I really have very little chance of that and it would not surprise me if this game dumbs down a bit in anticipation of a console market.
Company of Heroes 3 - Another game that had me excited until I found out it was built with console in mind. I think it might be great fun while being stopped from any advancement in tactical gameplay by needing to go to console. It will be a true sequel as if it was done a year after coh2.
Manor Lords - I had fun with this games demo but fear I might get lost in this game and never come out again. :)

Out of Early Access hopefully:
WAR OF RIGHTS - I know horses and such will probably take a while more
Nebulous Fleet Command - campaign, second side etc coming
WARNO - out of early access
Star Citizen - Man when Pyro comes out...... then I assume all the tech will be in and you could consider it fairly finshed except for the need to keep making star systems and the smaller improvements. SQ42. Who knows. Still thankful this game is pioneering things.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Geezer on January 02, 2023, 07:20:08 AM
Quote from: matt3916 on January 01, 2023, 06:19:40 PM
What is this "play" of which you speak?

Yeah I get the whole "collector" idea.  I have many games right now that are unplayed or barely played.  It bugs me though when I buy something new, knowing I haven't gotten my moneys worth out of previous buys.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: undercovergeek on January 02, 2023, 07:35:30 AM
Anything by hooded horse

Jagged alliance 3

Few others but might not be 23
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: steve58 on January 02, 2023, 08:15:29 AM
Two that quickly come to mind:

Task Force Admiral
Kerbal Space Program 2
(hopefully next month!!)
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Phantom on January 02, 2023, 09:53:58 AM
Some (any) of the Microprose offerings would be nice.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: CaptainKoloth on January 02, 2023, 10:41:13 AM
I'm starting to really get into Sins of a Solar Empire II. They're starting to flesh it out and I think it's going to be something special. Between that and DCS (and maybe learning Falcon BMS now that it's finally in VR), I think I'm covered for 2023! :pullhair:
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: SlagDog on January 03, 2023, 01:35:27 PM
Oh My I'm going to be busy this year with gaming:

Blood Bowl 3
Xenonauts 2
Neverdark
Jagged Alliance 3
Alliance of the Sacred Sun
Second Front
Kerbal Space Program 2
Spellforce Conquest of Eo
X4: Kingdoms End
Dark Envoy
For the King 2

Peace in 2023!!!
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: al_infierno on January 03, 2023, 07:34:44 PM
Shameless self promotion time!!!

I'm looking forward to finishing my own game, A War of a Madman's Making, and finally getting it on Steam.  Figuring out a trailer for this damn thing has been a lot harder than I thought.

Here's as nice little progress comparison from around May versus December!   :bd:

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfAbPQVVsAEGDHu?format=jpg&name=large)

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FfAbPPzUoAIdT_N?format=jpg&name=large)
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Gusington on January 03, 2023, 08:02:43 PM
Lookin' good, man.

maaan
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: JasonPratt on January 04, 2023, 08:14:07 AM
The world will tremble before Infierno might!  :D
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Oche on January 04, 2023, 11:01:21 AM
 Most definitely:

- Second Front;
- Vor de Kroon;
- B-17 Flying Fortress The Bloody 100th (perhaps?)

Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: NickGross on March 23, 2023, 09:44:16 AM
I'm so excited to see your list of games for 2023. Hogwarts Legacy definitely has me intrigued, and Starfield is a must-play for me as well. I'm also looking forward to the Star Wars Jedi Survivor game - anything Star Wars always gets me excited. A friend of mine recommended me the site https://zumroad.com/game, which has a lot of news about games. Maybe you will find something new for you there too. I haven't heard of Crime Boss: Rockay City or Broken Arrow, but I'll have to look into those. Thanks for sharing your list.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Gusington on March 23, 2023, 12:50:50 PM
 :Dreamer: Me too
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Sir Slash on March 23, 2023, 10:06:09 PM
How about Chewy with a Wax Job, does that get you excited?
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Redwolf on March 24, 2023, 08:36:45 AM
I have Hogwarts Legacy and it is good. Anticipation justified. Not a wargame of course.

On the not so bright side, it is the first game I play regularly that really brings my old graphics card to its knees.

Trying hard to resist getting more DCS modules every time they are "on sale". Does anybody buy them at full price?
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Gusington on March 24, 2023, 09:33:21 AM
Slash: no.
Title: Re: 2023 Games....
Post by: Sir Slash on March 24, 2023, 11:40:52 AM
 :chewie: