GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2023, 01:34:49 PM

Title: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 10, 2023, 01:34:49 PM
Helicopter Gunship DEX

Is inspired by the great helicopter games of the 90s, this one is described as a "sim-cade" experience leaning more towards the simulation side rather than the arcade side.

Quote
You won't find any magically respawning missiles here! Instead you will find realistic weapon load-outs, a simulation level physics driven helicopter flight model and the usual targeting pods and RADAR systems you would expect in this type of game. However, these systems have been simplified to give the overall "feeling" of being in control of a helicopter gunship without the need to memorise hundreds of keys.

Currently there are three flyable helos...the Apache, Lynx and Gazelle. The Blackhawk, Hind and Viper/Cobra are in development and will be released further on in early access.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012140/Helicopter_Gunship_DEX/ (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2012140/Helicopter_Gunship_DEX/)

Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: Gusington on January 10, 2023, 02:10:13 PM
Ooh sweet...and 17.99...
Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: SlagDog on January 10, 2023, 02:21:39 PM
This is great news! I'm not a helicopter guy but I love to see games bridge the gap between arcade style flight combat sims and DCS level. This is right where my 'enjoyment' level is for flight sims. I'll support the devs because they are hitting a sweet spot for a lot of gamers.
Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: Gusington on January 10, 2023, 02:24:00 PM
^Same with me. But I am a helicopter guy!
Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: Skoop on January 10, 2023, 05:45:00 PM
I can't see how I missed this as well.  I thought the thread was gona say it's coming soon, but it's actually released. 
Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: W8taminute on January 11, 2023, 11:26:34 AM
Wait.  Is no one going to comment on the creative title of this thread? 
Title: Re: This one snuck in under my AN/APG-78
Post by: Jarhead0331 on January 11, 2023, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 11, 2023, 11:26:34 AM
Wait.  Is no one going to comment on the creative title of this thread?

Nobody appreciates my humor around here.  :'(