GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on February 17, 2023, 02:05:50 PM

Title: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Pete Dero on February 17, 2023, 02:05:50 PM


Maybe regiments and Steel Division 2, but probably SpaceBourne 2.  Thanks Jarhead for the tip  :ThumbsUp:.

Enjoy the weekend !
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: devoncop on February 17, 2023, 02:20:09 PM
Bought Pathfinder War of the Righteous for an absolute song from Kinguin and am having an absolute blast with it though it is very involved and you do come across some insane difficulty spikes.

So more Pathfinder this weekend.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Tripoli on February 17, 2023, 02:20:54 PM
BoC work.  CMO playtesting.  CM-Cold War tournament, (where I'm currently dead middle of the pack. My plan is to continue drafting behind the lead, until the final sprint to the finish line..... :grin:)  And learning "Nuclear War Simulator"
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Gusington on February 17, 2023, 02:32:05 PM
Spellforce: Conquest of Eo, combined with Elden Ring, are not doing my self-confidence any favors so I may be switching over to God of War and King Arthur: Knight's Tale.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Dammit Carl! on February 17, 2023, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: devoncop on February 17, 2023, 02:20:09 PMBought Pathfinder War of the Righteous for an absolute song from Kinguin and am having an absolute blast with it though it is very involved and you do come across some insane difficulty spikes.

Got the Pathfinder:Kingmaker game a bit back and enjoyed it but always bit off more than I could chew when it came to combat(s).  Thank goodness for savegames, if you know what I mean.

Making space on the ol' HD so I can shovel in ARMA mods and the like, so that ol' girl is on the plate to play this weekend.  And Wreckfest, of course.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: devoncop on February 17, 2023, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 17, 2023, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: devoncop on February 17, 2023, 02:20:09 PMBought Pathfinder War of the Righteous for an absolute song from Kinguin and am having an absolute blast with it though it is very involved and you do come across some insane difficulty spikes.

Got the Pathfinder:Kingmaker game a bit back and enjoyed it but always bit off more than I could chew when it came to combat(s).  Thank goodness for savegames, if you know what I mean.

Making space on the ol' HD so I can shovel in ARMA mods and the like, so that ol' girl is on the plate to play this weekend.  And Wreckfest, of course.


Exactly right Carl.

Can't imagine anyone playing it on Ironman  :idiot2:
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: W8taminute on February 17, 2023, 06:32:43 PM
Just picked up Ride 4 on sale for 9.99 so I'll be playing with that over the weekend.  I got my finger on the trigger to purchase SpaceBourne 2 as well.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: FarAway Sooner on February 17, 2023, 07:22:05 PM
Some Monster Train for sure, and I'm trying to figure out if Godless Tactics will scratch my itch for a 4x RPG hybrid.  So far, it seems very interesting but I'm not sure how grindy it is.

I also have to figure out if I want more Distant Worlds 2 or if I want to take the plunge and buy Spellforce: CofEo. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PM
UA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Sir Slash on February 17, 2023, 10:41:04 PM
Whatever I can squeeze-in what with real life continuing to interfere with my non-real one. Dammit! Have a great weekend Grogs.  :paladin:
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Destraex on February 18, 2023, 07:46:52 AM
WARNO - new twin cities map
DCS - Little Hornet action
AOEIV - new season and getting more on the fantasy side of things. One gets the feeling this game was built for a much younger anime focused crowd. But damn I still love the animations and it's fun to play.
War of Rights - Played a little of the new contention mode as this was the most populous server. Resulted in the union guys I was with just running around the place chasing their tales at full sprint. I had a new player with me who did not get the best first impression of the game I think because of this.

Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Tanaka on February 18, 2023, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.

Where did you see the sale?

Dominions 5 MP and SP again this weekend for me.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 01:43:19 PM
Quote from: Tanaka on February 18, 2023, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.

Where did you see the sale?

Dominions 5 MP and SP again this weekend for me.

Humble bundle
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: solops on February 18, 2023, 01:45:33 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.
No complaints here. I used my 22 year anniversary coupon on it. I am still re-learning the game and I am enjoying it. There are enough customizations and "new" options to keep me exploring it for some time, aside from enjoyable gameplay. The team did a good job of modernizing MoM. Nothing earthshattering or radically new, just solid play. They are continuing to patch and add bits. The patch this week included some welcome additions. After I have played for a week my perspective will be better.
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Gusington on February 18, 2023, 07:03:39 PM
God of War on PC is like a more intense Assassin's Creed, combined with Hellblade, combined with about 100k mg of caffeine. Never did I ever have a game get so intense so quickly...two boss battles in the first 120 minutes! This game is nuckin' futz!

(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2042982245662549776/94816DA97D33506B43A4BB6FDF6B65281466D2BD/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false)
Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Tanaka on February 19, 2023, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: solops on February 18, 2023, 01:45:33 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.
No complaints here. I used my 22 year anniversary coupon on it. I am still re-learning the game and I am enjoying it. There are enough customizations and "new" options to keep me exploring it for some time, aside from enjoyable gameplay. The team did a good job of modernizing MoM. Nothing earthshattering or radically new, just solid play. They are continuing to patch and add bits. The patch this week included some welcome additions. After I have played for a week my perspective will be better.

Thanks for the tips/sale info. I was also waiting to use my anniversary coupon to purchase it as it did not seem to be the next MOM I wanted (which was more modernized and updated with bigger maps and more than just 4 players) but I am going to give it a chance at half off earlier.

This new Explorminate review also helped:


Title: Re: FRIDAY or Die
Post by: Tanaka on February 20, 2023, 01:21:24 AM
Quote from: Tanaka on February 19, 2023, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: solops on February 18, 2023, 01:45:33 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 18, 2023, 04:35:01 AM
Quote from: solops on February 17, 2023, 09:47:43 PMUA Dreadnoughts
New Master of Magic, maybe.
Flying new drone definitely.

Saw master of magic on sale for $19, worth it?  Haven't pulled the trigger but now might be the time.
No complaints here. I used my 22 year anniversary coupon on it. I am still re-learning the game and I am enjoying it. There are enough customizations and "new" options to keep me exploring it for some time, aside from enjoyable gameplay. The team did a good job of modernizing MoM. Nothing earthshattering or radically new, just solid play. They are continuing to patch and add bits. The patch this week included some welcome additions. After I have played for a week my perspective will be better.

Thanks for the tips/sale info. I was also waiting to use my anniversary coupon to purchase it as it did not seem to be the next MOM I wanted (which was more modernized and updated with bigger maps and more than just 4 players) but I am going to give it a chance at half off earlier.

This new Explorminate review also helped:




Ok after playing it all night I can say I'm addicted so far so I can recommend. I do like it better than the original MOM. The graphics are obviously better as well. I think they have done a nice job. Really enjoying it so far glad I gave it a chance. Definitely worth it for $20.