GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: crowdrake on March 08, 2023, 10:40:33 PM

Title: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: crowdrake on March 08, 2023, 10:40:33 PM
(https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMTk1NjAzMC8xMTUwMTk5NS5wbmc=/original/0ngMpQ.png)

(https://img.itch.zone/aW1hZ2UvMTk1NjAzMC8xMTUwMjA5MC5wbmc=/original/lEyrYX.png)

https://hiphopy.itch.io/mission-improbable-rogue-agent-roguelike

hey guys, if you want to tryout my spy game its free for  all windows PCs. its turnbased.
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: Toonces on March 10, 2023, 01:22:53 PM
Hey Crow!
This is a very interesting idea for a game.  I downloaded and have been playing it, but I have a question.

So I'm on the map and movement screen.  As I walk around, do the walls, etc. have any effect on movement?  I haven't noticed any, I guess it's just cosmetic?

Second, when I move on to a person of interest, for example, the last one had 45 secrets.  I successfully bribed him, and he gave me the secrets, but in my stats I still have 0 secrets.  This has happened a couple of times.  Bug or feature?
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: crowdrake on March 10, 2023, 03:47:23 PM
hi Toony

first thanks for trying. first off you dont get all the secrets until you killed them, a bribe will get some, and you will see your secrets bottom left below menu, but i have checked killing a character is updating stats page, but I will check if bribing is, but if it does not it is bottom left

the cities are meant to be like a map of a city, not buildings, the cities are big places and would not fit on a small area. I wanted real cities I got some maps off google maps but you cant use them sadly. the maps are cosmetic

thanks toony
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: crowdrake on March 10, 2023, 03:49:36 PM
just tried it bribing does not update thanks toony, i shall fix
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: crowdrake on March 10, 2023, 04:16:58 PM
Ok Toony I think I fixed it, thanks for letting me know as I never would of noticed for some time
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: Toonces on March 10, 2023, 05:59:57 PM
No problem!  I spent some more time with it after I posted and I saw that sometimes I got secrets, sometimes not, but I couldn't figure out why.  That makes sense.  Let me know when you upload the new version.

I think you've got the start of a pretty interesting game here.  You should consider polishing this one, I think it could be pretty good with some more work.

Just a few initial impressions:
1.  Consider changing the cities to have barriers (like force the player to stay on roads).  This would facilitate getting the player trapped by the agents.  I haven't gotten caught by an agent yet, but I've only spend about a half hour playing so far.
2.  You might consider adjusting the amount a person of interest can like the player so that it's capped at 100.
3.  I don't understand how you find the person you're supposed to assassinate.  I wonder if some sort of doomsday timer would be interesting?

Stick with this one.  I like it!
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: Gusington on March 10, 2023, 06:31:52 PM
'Toony'  :smitten:
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: Toonces on March 11, 2023, 11:15:17 AM
I knew I had one other idea: maybe make ATMs on the map, so the player has to get to that point in order to deposit/withdraw money.
Title: Re: Mission Improbable Roguelike
Post by: crowdrake on March 11, 2023, 12:04:01 PM
Hi Toony, I think I fixed the bribes etc... I uploaded 1.08  , i will test somemore, really weird bug you found thanks

I made the game for a 7 day roguelike jam on itch.io so i only had seven days, but the doomsday clock to a nuclear exploision is great! the ATM locations are great too, the walls may improve map, all your suggestions sound great im going to put them in thanks.