GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Zulu1966 on March 24, 2023, 05:54:39 AM

Title: New SGS Series
Post by: Zulu1966 on March 24, 2023, 05:54:39 AM
Must admit - these look good - still not sure about the engine - but I would buy all these just for what they are. Take a look at that Hue map....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/sgs-battle-series-battle-for-stalingrad
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Sir Slash on March 24, 2023, 11:44:50 AM
Loins well moistened now.  :Dreamer:
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2023, 11:00:11 AM
Stalingrad released today.....I keep trying these SGS games, just can't get them to click with me for some reason, which is a shame since the subject matters tend to be interesting.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2140050/SGS_Battle_For_Stalingrad/
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Tripoli on July 20, 2023, 12:24:52 PM
I did the North Africa one a year or so ago, but like you, it just didn't click with me.  With that said, I purchased the "NATO Nightmare" game last week, and may give it a whirl.  To their credit, SGS is picking some really interesting topics that are not covered much in the gaming world
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2023, 12:45:28 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 20, 2023, 12:24:52 PMI did the North Africa one a year or so ago, but like you, it just didn't click with me.  With that said, I purchased the "NATO Nightmare" game last week, and may give it a whirl.  To their credit, SGS is picking some really interesting topics that are not covered much in the gaming world

Totally agree very interesting topics but something with the game mechanics just leaves me flat.  Good luck with NATO module as that appears to be truly a monster compared to the others:)
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 20, 2023, 01:39:07 PM
Same here. Love the topics and the look, but the system and mechanics do not appeal to me. Anything involving cards and other "board game" conventions is an instant turn-off for me. I like to be immersed into my games and sims and don't want to feel like I am playing a board game. i know some people love this, but it just isn't my cup of tea. 
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2023, 01:50:33 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 20, 2023, 01:39:07 PMSame here. Love the topics and the look, but the system and mechanics do not appeal to me. Anything involving cards and other "board game" conventions is an instant turn-off for me. I like to be immersed into my games and sims and don't want to feel like I am playing a board game. i know some people love this, but it just isn't my cup of tea. 

I even enjoy board games and still doesn't click with me:)  I keep trying them though, determined to have one of them work for me!
Title: Re: New SGS Series
Post by: Gusington on July 20, 2023, 02:19:21 PM
I am contractually obligated to purchase anything Stalingrad-related.