GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Anguille on April 07, 2023, 01:40:33 PM

Title: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Anguille on April 07, 2023, 01:40:33 PM

Don't have much time to play but i tend to switch between a few older games i haven't finished yet:

- Civilization 6
- Knights of Honor 2
- Stronghold Warlords
- Imperium Greek Wars
- Aggressors: Ancient Rome

Happy Easter guys.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 07, 2023, 02:00:20 PM
Solasta: Crown of the Magister for a little Hack & Slash done well. Happy Easter Grogs. Hope the Easter Bunny doesn't leave you any suspicious brown eggs in your basket.  :HideEyes:
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 07, 2023, 02:06:06 PM
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids (Irish druids).

Happy spring holidays, all
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: W8taminute on April 07, 2023, 02:09:37 PM
I'll be playing The Great War: Western Front and maybe even fire up Distant Words 2 again. 
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: CJReich46 on April 07, 2023, 03:12:03 PM
Getting my frakking butt handed to me in Battlestar Galactica:Deadlock - I may have to restart the campaign but I plan on grabbing Broken Alliance (which I heard is not a bad idea because you don't have to do the first part over if you have Broken Alliance.

Sir Slash, there is an expansion coming to Solasta: Palace of Ice It expands the game world

I have Tainted Grail: Conquest of Avalon it is a very intriguing card and dark fantasy RPG. Great voice acting too.

Distant Worlds 2 has a new beta 1.1.3.4  - this one adds

a) Star field Density (like in DW:U) you can adjust the background stars.  AND

b) Nebula resolution depth- this like the Star field density can be adjusted in Settings.

Plus the previous open Beta added improvements in performance. So they are really doing QOLs it seems in this one.  I managed to survive my first war with the Mortalen, they had an offensive that raided and destroyed - two mining stations and research stations, but I managed to destroy their entire fleet. Which forced them to sue for peace.

Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: W8taminute on April 07, 2023, 03:41:46 PM
Good to hear about DW2 beta.  If you do try it out let me know if it's worth my starting a new game just to check out the beta.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: solops on April 07, 2023, 08:51:41 PM
Shadow Empire
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 07, 2023, 10:01:27 PM
I saw that expansion for Solasta CJ. It looks pretty good. Also, in the Steam Mods, somebody has figured out a way to up the party size to 6 from 4. I gotta check that out.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: solops on April 07, 2023, 11:03:51 PM
Just finished 13 straight hours of Shadow Empire. Break till the morning. Multi-front war imminent. Trying to get reactors and soil-mineral converters deployed.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Destraex on April 08, 2023, 12:32:11 AM
Battlestar Deadlock @cjreich46 is a great game. Very captivating. I have been meaning to get back to that game and do the expansions but never seem to get single player time. The way the ships including viper fighter squadrons and 3D space is done is brilliant. It's got most things you could ever want in a Battlestar game. Multiplayer is the only place it falls down, because set piece battles with no context and no meaningful re-enforcement system to add strategy during the game make it a little dull. It becomes more like a car race, the flag goes down and everybody knows exactly how many points the enemy will come at you with and that they have nothing better to do than look for you. No strategic points or terrain to take, no additional forces to tip the balance. All that good stuff that makes things less than repetitive.

I will be playing COH3 which has been a lot of fun thus far. Perhaps some star citizen as well.


(https://i.imgur.com/7lYIj04.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/6UNu7io.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/nfMVcIx.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/sBegPSe.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/ZGXtupZ.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/tpz9Qew.png)


Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: FarAway Sooner on April 08, 2023, 01:00:19 AM
I hope I make it to DW2 this weekend.  I really am trying to score my first win in Campaign mode.  I think I'm in a good place, unless the Shakturi Axis comes along and wipes me from the face of the Earth.

I've got some pretty good ships.  Just not sure what's in store for me!
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Pete Dero on April 08, 2023, 02:46:26 AM
Combat Mission and maybe a bit of Distant Worlds 2. 

I don't have the Factions DLC (yet) but Steam reviews are 100% positive !


Enjoy the weekend.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Phantom on April 08, 2023, 05:19:04 AM
Definitely Nevsky & possibly Fields of Glory.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Geezer on April 08, 2023, 07:42:14 AM
Picked up the Diablo 3 Prime Evil Collection for $20 (normally $60) and will be playing that for a while.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 08:32:48 AM
^I loved playing Diablo 3 as the Necromancer. Mindless giddy fun! Almost a guilty pleasure.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 08, 2023, 09:43:18 AM
yeah, was considering picking up III during the sale, but know IV is out in two months.  Decisions....
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 09:48:51 AM
I played Diablo II Resurrected while playing Diablo III and alternating...just sayin'  :cool:
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 08, 2023, 09:57:02 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 09:48:51 AMI played Diablo II Resurrected while playing Diablo III and alternating...just sayin'  :cool:

Yep, and might give me a cheap way of seeing if I even like the game....actually thinking of maybe picking it up on my console instead of PC, just not sure how something like this is easy to play without mouse/keyboard.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 10:00:34 AM
I loved using the mouse and keyboard controls.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Grim.Reaper on April 08, 2023, 10:04:40 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 10:00:34 AMI loved using the mouse and keyboard controls.

I imagine it would be better. 
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: bobarossa on April 08, 2023, 10:13:32 AM
Continuing a WITE2 campaign as the Jerries.  Never gotten beyond 10 turns before and I've reached it again.  Doing much better after actually reading important parts of the manual (supply, combat prep points, etc).  Also aching to try out Shadow Empire after buying the DLC.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on April 08, 2023, 08:07:33 PM
Got another dog last weekend who has a lot of issues (timidity, skittishness, etc. - comes from a life where he lived in a cage for a portion of his life) so it's been a thing where we're trying to bring the dog out of the dog, if that makes sense.  Going to be a bit of a haul for this boy but it's worth it.

Amusingly, the Daughter is a "dog-whisperer," type, so new dog takes to her right away.  Wife, who pushed for the dog, is not doggo's favorite by a bit and she's butt-hurt by it.

Anyway, that's what I'm busy with.
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 08, 2023, 09:06:55 PM
^What kind of dog?
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on April 08, 2023, 11:47:17 PM
Hard call...a "shepherd," type for sure; a tri-color for certain but the dimensions are not Shetland Sheepdog-esque as I'm not familiar with.  Bigger, rounder head and much deeper pitch in bark not to mention weight being a smidge bit more.  Docked tail is different as we've never had a dog missing such a thing too.  Thinking it's an Aussie mix of some sort as the ears aren't as pronounced as a Sheltie and the face isn't as angular.  Not to mention he's quite a handful when the leash comes into play (and not blaming him here, mind you).

Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Gusington on April 09, 2023, 10:37:53 AM
^Has some similarities to my (125 pound!) Swiss mountain dog. He's about 8 years old, a total spoiled doofus, but lovable. Great family dog but he gets separation anxiety when my daughters and especially my wife leave for a few days. He basically tolerates my existence.

My previous dog, a Rottweiler, had a docked tail and we didn't appreciate that until he was gone and got the Swissie, with his full length tail. Not destructive in any way, just huge.

I've seen a lot of young Rottweilers around with intact tails and they are equally enormous. Good luck with your new pup!
Title: Re: Hold me like a Friday
Post by: Sir Slash on April 09, 2023, 10:21:34 PM
A very worthy effort Carl. You and your family are truly Saints among us for this.  :notworthy: