GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Gusington on June 12, 2023, 01:54:19 PM

Title: Last Train Home
Post by: Gusington on June 12, 2023, 01:54:19 PM
Set in 1917 on an armored train protecting the Czechoslovakian Legion during the Russian Civil War, part base management, part RTS, all potentially awesome, coming from Ashborne Games (?) and published by THQ Nordic. No firm release date...listed on Steam as 'coming soon.'

Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Sir Slash on June 12, 2023, 02:18:57 PM
If I lead them, they'd probably never make the Urals. But it does look loin-moistening.  :tophat:
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 12, 2023, 02:19:31 PM
Before I clicked on that (I didn't read the text) I thought to myself...

"Please let this be a Russian Civil War game"

:Wow:  :Wow:  :Wow:
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Gusington on June 12, 2023, 02:57:55 PM
^Are you happy with what you found or no?
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: SirAndrewD on June 12, 2023, 07:11:53 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 12, 2023, 02:57:55 PM^Are you happy with what you found or no?

Well, that's not a banana in my pocket.
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Gusington on June 12, 2023, 07:36:46 PM
Neither were the little smileys you used so I couldn't tell.
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Sir Slash on June 12, 2023, 10:03:40 PM
We should, Czech, back on this one routinely.  :HideEyes:
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Gusington on October 11, 2023, 02:58:31 PM
Release date of November 28  :Dreamer:

Also a demo is now available.

And here, have this:

Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: JasonPratt on October 11, 2023, 09:43:46 PM
I loved the Accolade game The Train based on a film by a similar name (where French partisans intercept a Nazi train trying to flee from the Allied invasion, and get it back under Allied air cover by daylight.) Always hoped something like that would be developed again.

Not the same plot, and set back 30 years, but hella great setting and genre mix! Already wishlisted somehow, I discovered!
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: Gusington on October 12, 2023, 07:40:18 AM
The interactivity of the train and the game map look beautifully done in that YouTube video.
Title: Re: Last Train Home
Post by: JasonPratt on November 13, 2023, 06:01:37 PM
Rimmy Downunder playtests the demo: