GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: al_infierno on June 20, 2023, 05:13:39 PM

Title: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: al_infierno on June 20, 2023, 05:13:39 PM
"Nuclear Option is a combat flight game set on a dynamic and realistic battlefield of the near future. Use an array of advanced weapons to change the course of battles as you intercept bombers, duel fighters, fly under the radar, or unleash the fury of nuclear weapons on enemy formations."

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2168680/Nuclear_Option/
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 23, 2023, 07:06:38 PM
Released into first access for $14.99, seems to be getting ok reviews for a lighter sim...
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: al_infierno on October 23, 2023, 07:52:56 PM
Sounds like it's currently a low yield but high potential type of game.
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Gusington on October 23, 2023, 07:57:26 PM
 :buck2:
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: CaptainKoloth on October 24, 2023, 07:45:39 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 23, 2023, 07:06:38 PMReleased into first access for $14.99, seems to be getting ok reviews for a lighter sim...

96% is "ok"?  :tongue:
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: W8taminute on October 24, 2023, 09:37:24 AM
The fallout of fan criticism on this game is astounding.
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 24, 2023, 09:42:03 AM
Downright megatons of good press. 
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: ArizonaTank on October 24, 2023, 10:12:02 AM
Has anybody tried it? 
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Jarhead0331 on October 24, 2023, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 24, 2023, 10:12:02 AMHas anybody tried it? 

I was involved in the play test and have the early access version. It is an impressive little sim that does a nice job of mixing light fun into an authentic feeling sim. The variety of aircraft is great, but I wish the world felt a little more alive. The maps just seem a bit barren to me. I think this is being worked on by the developer. Otherwise, its my go to when I want a flight fix but don't have the time to get into my sim chair for DCS.
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Bardolph on October 24, 2023, 11:41:11 AM
Picked it up last night. Played about 30 minutes mostly getting the controls worked out, just mouse and keyboard cause I was too lazy to go find a joystick and deal with that. Seemed pretty solid, I flew around in the tutorial jet, smashed it into the runway trying to find the flaps (there aren't any?) and it respawned me into a different plane that was armed so I took it up and flew around and shot some 50 cal and various missiles at what was probably a friendly town. Was. This one I managed to stick the landing.

I look forward to messing with it more this evening. My big question is how is multiplayer handled. Do they have a server or is it hosted by the player. Going to try to get my brother into it, so we can take a break from Battlebit, which is fun but we've played it a LOT lately.
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 13, 2026, 01:11:53 PM
Long time since anyone mentioned this one. Its turned into an exceptional sim. The developer is tireless and the modding community has put out some awesome mods, including one I discovered today...VR!

The game is AWESOME in VR. I'm once again having a blast.

Still, whether playing in VR or traditional pancake mode, this game is the GOAT!
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Skoop on September 16, 2026, 04:06:09 PM
It is a great little game, I'm surprised there isn't more mods in the workshop converting the game to present day or late Cold War era air craft.

Still good fun as vanilla, I play it with my son once a week.
Title: Re: Nuclear Option - upcoming flight sim
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2026, 08:29:14 PM
Quote from: Skoop on September 16, 2026, 04:06:09 PMIt is a great little game, I'm surprised there isn't more mods in the workshop converting the game to present day or late Cold War era air craft.

Still good fun as vanilla, I play it with my son once a week.

There are a lot of mods that are not in the workshop, but I don't see too many Cold War era mods. There is a really good Mig-15 though.