GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: matt3916 on August 11, 2023, 06:23:01 PM

Title: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: matt3916 on August 11, 2023, 06:23:01 PM
There was a little bit of a buzz on this forum when this released but the conversation ended fairly quickly.

Now that it's on sale for 50% off ($22.49) is it worth picking up?
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: joram on August 11, 2023, 07:56:47 PM
I would vote yes.  I played a full campaign shortly after launch and really enjoyed it. It wasn't terribly hard but it was entertaining and there's lots of flavor units and countries to try.  While I haven't played it much since, it's more about my lack of bandwidth to play much of anything rather than a testament about the quality of the game.
Worth the sale price in my opinion.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Gusington on August 11, 2023, 08:04:21 PM
Definitely well worth 22.49. No-brainer.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Ian C on August 12, 2023, 09:03:03 AM
Yes, but be warned, it's so addictive it's a time vampire.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Gusington on August 12, 2023, 12:06:18 PM
^I second that emotion. One of those games that can be played for hours without noticing.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: ArizonaTank on August 12, 2023, 05:10:02 PM
+1 easy recommendation
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Destraex on August 12, 2023, 09:53:20 PM
I was interested until I got told how bad the tactical battles were. Especially from a graphical perspective, but also from the capture the points perspective. If there was a demo I would try it. I liked a lot of what I saw like the old school Total War-esque provinces with multiple outlying industry and village locations that while under the shadow of the local castle are not something the castle can directly protect. Also the supply system looked ok. I also liked the idea of the real time campaign map. I wish total war was not in the process of dumbing down combat and physical strategic realism in favor of stats and character classes. Because I believe total war would go back to being something more like knights of honor is becoming.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Gusington on August 12, 2023, 10:16:48 PM
The last campaign I played and won I did not play one tactical battle...I have not played one tactical battle at all in KoH2, IIRC.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: undercovergeek on August 13, 2023, 01:22:36 AM
Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2023, 10:16:48 PMThe last campaign I played and won I did not play one tactical battle...I have not played one tactical battle at all in KoH2, IIRC.

Nor I - but then again I didn't buy the game for that - as I said in the other thread if you've come for the tactical battles this isn't the game for you
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Anguille on August 13, 2023, 02:14:22 AM
I don't play the battles either. There's already so much to do on the campaign map. Great game.
Title: Re: Knights of Honor II: Sovereign Revisited
Post by: Gusington on August 13, 2023, 03:01:42 PM
^All that said, the last major patch addressed a lot of issues with the tactical battles and they may be much better now. I will be getting back into the game soon to find out.