Family reunion on Saturday (big family). Will most likely play
Imperiums: Greek Wars (still haven't finished my Macedon campaign). Got the feeling i want to play something else as well. Could be a space strategy 4x. We will see.
Happy Weekend
Ashes of the Singularity Escalation - I find this cathartic for some reason.
Praetorians
Company of heroes 3 - balance patch just came down
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 They just patched sins1 and hopefully we get the Vasari soon in sins2.
WARNO - patched recently
Age of Empires IV - patch and DLC just announced with new sides as well as Xbox version launched
Hell Let Loose
A Rugby Union game With the world cup not very far off this year I thought it prudent to play a sports game. This particular one is 10yrs old and was withdrawn from sale because the license expired for the company that made it. A real shame.
Happy Weekend everybody. Hope it is a relaxing one.
(https://i.imgur.com/pp1kCHa.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/isFAjVu.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/oINFiya.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/RU2FOxi.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/TrLfHst.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/30FBtET.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/A7U9xxK.png)
With me, Family Reunions and wargames kind of go hand in hand. I am trying to get back to my long neglected ACW 2 Grand Campaign as the Confederates but this real-life stuff keeps getting in the way so, probably some more Solasta when I'm able. Cheers Grogs! :beermug[1]:
Just Baldur's Gate 3 for me.
I can't focus on more than one or two games max in one weekend.
If I could manage the amount of games Destraex plays in a weekend I might get through my backlog :grin: .
Having played DC:Warsaw to Paris for two weeks to the point where my mouse hand was cramping, I've switched to MTW2 with Stainless Steel mod. Can't seem to play any of the new games I've purchased!
Stainless Steel is a good one! What faction are you playing as Bobarossa?
Quote from: Sir Slash on August 25, 2023, 09:00:04 PMStainless Steel is a good one! What faction are you playing as Bobarossa?
I picked England until I can remember how to play. They have fewer neighbors who might invade. Been a long time.
I felt Friday before she walked in the door.
Don't know why. I was a few days into a bender of rotgut whiskey and gin that you wouldn't waste on the drain of a bathtub.
Still, I could almost smell her as she walked in the door. A dame with legs up to here and perfume that wouldn't quit.
Maybe it was reminding me of my ex wife...dunno. But when she came into my office, I knew I couldn't say no.
I was impressed by that broad, enough I had to go into my drawer and pour a bottle of my decent Scotch.
I tried to act nonchalant as I was hiding the sweat under my collar as I looked her down to her just so unbuttoned blouse...
"So, what can I do you for?"
She pursed her cherry red lips and gave me a side eye
"Well Mister Andrew, I want you to try some of this Whiskey and Lemons DLC I've been hearing about. And maybe even put in a few hours of...HARD...work on Flying Circus Volume III.
I admit, I had to loosen my collar a bit.
"A tall ask Ma'am, but I'll look it into it"
She unbuttoned her blouse even further. Acting like the heat in my office was getting to her but I knew better.
"I'll make it worth your while." she said in a sultry rasp.
I bet she will...
^I just installed Tsardoms 1448 for my Medieval 2 TW fix. So many cool eastern European factions to play I am not sure how I will pick just one but Wallachia will be involved.
More immediately I have Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail to play as well as Nantucket and perhaps some Assassin's Creed: Black Flag as well.
Quote from: bobarossa on August 25, 2023, 09:24:24 PMQuote from: Sir Slash on August 25, 2023, 09:00:04 PMStainless Steel is a good one! What faction are you playing as Bobarossa?
I picked England until I can remember how to play. They have fewer neighbors who might invade. Been a long time.
Had the VASSAL module for a while but wasn't great for me on screen (though its a good module) so just picked up a physical copy of B17 Flying Fortress Leader by DVG - hoping to cause some havoc in Europe this weekend
Quote from: Pete Dero on August 25, 2023, 12:35:33 PMJust Baldur's Gate 3 for me.
I can't focus on more than one or two games max in one weekend.
If I could manage the amount of games Destraex plays in a weekend I might get through my backlog :grin: .
I too envy Destraex and don't understand how he has time to play so many great games. I need to be more disciplined in that respect :grin:
^+2...I can only play 1, maybe 2 games at a time.
Praetorians - 15 min muck around. Completed the tutorial mission.
A Rugby Union game - 15 mins of mucking around.
Company of heroes 3 - 4 games with two friends that averaged 13mins each.
Sins of a Solar Empire 2 - I hope to play this but probably will not get time.
WARNO - I got two games in with a friend. About two hours total.
Age of Empires IV - May or may not get a chance to play this weekend. But played a game during the week with a friend so included it as a might play.
Hell Let Loose - have not had time to play this yet. It's normally a late night affair if the right people get on and I am not doing much the next day.
Ashes of the Singularity Escalation - Hope to get time to play this if other friends re-install it.
So that's a couple of hours each of the 3 weekend nights. A lot of games are tentative and penciled in rather than concretely rigidly planned. The shots I take are usually weekend shots or shots of games I played during the week. Beats watching TV if you're not going out.
So I ended up getting addicted to Brotato this week. Pretty much as simple of a game as you can get but fun as hell
Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 25, 2023, 09:33:41 PMI felt Friday before she walked in the door.
Don't know why. I was a few days into a bender of rotgut whiskey and gin that you wouldn't waste on the drain of a bathtub.
Still, I could almost smell her as she walked in the door. A dame with legs up to here and perfume that wouldn't quit.
Maybe it was reminding me of my ex wife...dunno. But when she came into my office, I knew I couldn't say no.
I was impressed by that broad, enough I had to go into my drawer and pour a bottle of my decent Scotch.
I tried to act nonchalant as I was hiding the sweat under my collar as I looked her down to her just so unbuttoned blouse...
"So, what can I do you for?"
She pursed her cherry red lips and gave me a side eye
"Well Mister Andrew, I want you to try some of this Whiskey and Lemons DLC I've been hearing about. And maybe even put in a few hours of...HARD...work on Flying Circus Volume III.
I admit, I had to loosen my collar a bit.
"A tall ask Ma'am, but I'll look it into it"
She unbuttoned her blouse even further. Acting like the heat in my office was getting to her but I knew better.
"I'll make it worth your while." she said in a sultry rasp.
I bet she will...
For some reason, I'm wondering if Colonel Angus was involved here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l2oi-X8P38