GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on September 13, 2023, 09:44:01 AM

Title: Steam is 20 today
Post by: steve58 on September 13, 2023, 09:44:01 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam20?snr=1_4_4__118

And ain't nothing on my wishlist on sale :knuppel2:
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: Redwolf on September 13, 2023, 10:06:47 AM
For a while I could have sworn that I played the original Half-Life on Steam, but that was in the 1990s...
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: Sir Slash on September 13, 2023, 10:21:52 AM
Happy Birthday Steam! Thank you for 20 years of NOT having to download and install my game updates only to realize I had done them backwards and the game no longer works. I miss those old days... now I'm over it. I hope 20 years from now, you're still going strong because 20 years from now I'll probably still trying to finish War In The East 1.   :Hug:
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: Gusington on September 13, 2023, 10:24:52 AM
Happy Birthday you magnificent monster.
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: Jarhead0331 on September 13, 2023, 10:25:42 AM
Feels so much longer than that.
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: W8taminute on September 13, 2023, 12:10:21 PM
Quote from: steve58 on September 13, 2023, 09:44:01 AMhttps://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam20?snr=1_4_4__118

And ain't nothing on my wishlist on sale :knuppel2:

Same here. 
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: steve58 on September 13, 2023, 12:56:08 PM
Just checked my Steam acct.  I've only been a member since late 2009.  I held out for 6.3 years before finally caving.   First purchase was Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition.  :Party:
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: Sigwolf on September 13, 2023, 02:08:40 PM
I held out until March 2009.  As a DOS gamer at heart, I was highly opposed to *any* required launcher.

Now, we are inundated with them.   :tickedoff:   :ROFL:
Title: Re: Steam is 20 today
Post by: ArizonaTank on September 13, 2023, 04:45:03 PM
Quote from: Sigwolf on September 13, 2023, 02:08:40 PMI held out until March 2009.  As a DOS gamer at heart, I was highly opposed to *any* required launcher.

Now, we are inundated with them.   :tickedoff:   :ROFL:

Same here, March 2009. I really had no need for Steam prior to that. My first purchase was Empire Total War for full price.

Now I have so many games on the account, I should probably put it in my will.