It's thought to be a Civil War-era blockade runner.
Parts of it were uncovered in previous hurricanes, but now the hull has been almost fully revealed.
QuoteSome historians theorize that it was a blockade runner called the Monticello, although others say it could be the Rachel, built in 1919. Others say it is the Aurora, a rum-runner during Prohibition. Each theory has its downsides, so the ship's identity remains a mystery, al.com reports.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/01/hurricane-isaac-uncovers-mystery-civil-war-ship-photos
Damn - I was hoping it was Galactica !
Very cool. However, unless I missed it the article didn't say what they were going to do about it?
Quote from: TheCommandTent on September 01, 2012, 09:09:27 PM
Very cool. However, unless I missed it the article didn't say what they were going to do about it?
This isn't the first time a storm has uncovered it - just the most it's been uncovered. My guess is that no one is doing much of anything.