GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: crowdrake on October 20, 2023, 08:22:47 PM

Title: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 20, 2023, 08:22:47 PM
Hi I have been doing games for years, but finally got the motivation to get it on steam. I am hoping you will support me in my sale. its a fresh type of game you may find different enough to be interesting.

 https://store.steampowered.com/app/2659830/WarDoom_Wargame/   

I had spent a bit on dev, so hoping to get some back, if you guys think its worth it, if I get enough back I will release more.  cant say price before release, and cant say more than its coming soon. I hope you put it on wish list, .
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 20, 2023, 08:38:59 PM
Congrats.  Wishlisted.

I'm going to say something to you crowdrake.  I deeply admire the work you've done and the amount of time you've spent on this stuff. 

It reminds me of my old days doing scenarios for Age of Rifles, UMS 2 and others.  I don't even slightly have the time for that nowadays so I know what it takes. 

I'll buy your game.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 20, 2023, 08:43:22 PM
SirAndrewD Thankyou your my first customer contact, I had AoR too I think I still have the CD,
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 20, 2023, 08:46:57 PM
Quote from: crowdrake on October 20, 2023, 08:43:22 PMSirAndrewD Thankyou your my first customer contact, I had AoR too I think I still have the CD,

Don't thank me too fast.  As Gus has said, I'm the resident game whore.

Check the VR thread, I just got a danged $2k VR package half on accident.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: Gusington on October 21, 2023, 11:58:09 AM
^Slut.

Congrats Crowdrake - I have wish-listed WarDoom too.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2023, 12:07:17 PM
Congrats.  Wish listed.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 12:56:44 PM
thanks guys.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2023, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 12:56:44 PMthanks guys.

I for one would be very interested in hearing about your journey with this from time to time.

BTW, did you use a game engine? 
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2023, 01:22:39 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on October 21, 2023, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 12:56:44 PMthanks guys.

I for one would be very interested in hearing about your journey with this from time to time. Some of the nuts and bolts stuff.

BTW, did you use a game engine? 
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 02:15:40 PM
No engine its hand crafted thousands and thousands of lines of code, prob 25,000 lines. I have a naval game that should be online soon too, I am hoping I can make back my dev money enough so I can put more online.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: al_infierno on October 21, 2023, 02:28:30 PM
Congrats!  Wishlisted as well and will pick it up when it comes out.   :notworthy:

Quote from: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 02:15:40 PMNo engine its hand crafted thousands and thousands of lines of code, prob 25,000 lines. I have a naval game that should be online soon too, I am hoping I can make back my dev money enough so I can put more online.


That's fairly impressive.  What language did you write it in?
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 02:41:44 PM
the amiga used blitzbasic , the people who made it carried on dev in it and we got a PC version blitzmax, then they made a modern 64bit version monkey, I programmed it in monkey2 , its not as bad as it sounds you do a lot of copy and paste and alter small parts of code, but debugging is a pain
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: Sparhawk on October 21, 2023, 06:48:49 PM
Wish listed. It looks like it can kick my butt for a good while.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 21, 2023, 10:14:53 PM
thx Sparhawk , glad you put it on your list.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 23, 2023, 05:42:28 PM
you guys gave me the insentive to put another wargame on, It costs to put them on, so hoping very much to get back the costs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2652570/Bargain_Wargame/

as you can see from the name the game is a bargain price, i hope you will agree, cant do anything else now but hope.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: Vintage Dude on October 23, 2023, 06:14:28 PM
Wishlisted both.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: ArizonaTank on October 23, 2023, 10:20:23 PM
Quote from: Vintage Dude on October 23, 2023, 06:14:28 PMWishlisted both.

+1
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on October 24, 2023, 12:52:15 AM
thanks guys, I am still a few weeks of release yet, if they do well I will take suggestions for next wargame, I am currently considering going back to basics like old avan hill games and a simple combat chart etc... I like the old stuff, but only if i make enough back to fund it, not looking for lots just enough to cover what i spend. so we will see
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 03, 2023, 03:28:03 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2659830/WarDoom_ssp_Wargame/

one game is now released , I hope £5 is not to steep for you., I hope you guys will support me with it, in any way like a comment etc... would look forwards to it as my christmas .
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 03, 2023, 07:10:20 AM
just discovered the curators option, if anyone on hear is a steam curator i can send a curator copy via steam for you to try. just let me know your curator name
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 08:10:00 AM
Congrats!
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 03, 2023, 08:32:48 AM
thanks, its nice that i am making something for my own hobby :)
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: ArizonaTank on November 03, 2023, 10:39:58 AM
Purchased

$5 is a good price and I can always spend that amount as a "cup of coffee" for a fellow Grognard.

I will be traveling so will be a couple of weeks before I can play it however.

Do you have a Discord channel or other set up if I have any feedback?

Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 03, 2023, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 03, 2023, 10:39:58 AMPurchased

$5 is a good price and I can always spend that amount as a "cup of coffee" for a fellow Grognard.

I will be traveling so will be a couple of weeks before I can play it however.

Do you have a Discord channel or other set up if I have any feedback?



great thanks, I only have the steam discussion at mo. I will look into discord thanks. I shall have to go and have coffee now you said that :)
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: Uberhaus on November 05, 2023, 01:06:06 AM
Bought and downloaded.  Move over Norm Koger.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 05, 2023, 01:27:52 AM
Thanks so much, its great of you to support me. I can let slip  my carrier game comes out  soon https://store.steampowered.com/app/2652570/Bargain_ssp_Wargame/   
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: JasonPratt on November 06, 2023, 12:58:00 PM
Bought the game over the weekend, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
Title: Re: First Wargame on steam
Post by: crowdrake on November 06, 2023, 01:10:21 PM
thats fantastic... thankyou, the naval game is £3.39 , I didnt want the prices to put anybody off , and its been exciting .

If i go quiet, its because my brother has bought a boat to live on and needs help fixing it, and it needs alot of fixing,