GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2023, 04:57:27 AM

Title: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2023, 04:57:27 AM
Not my kind of typical game, but saw just about every review giving it high marks so decided to pick it up.  Bought for my Xbox, although available on PC.  Never played the first Alan Wake so didn't know what really to expect but so far so good as the story is building.  It's one of those survival horror games which even the intro so far is kind of creepy and setting up for a decent story.  The graphics and performance very good so far and the dialog seems well done.

Not sure if the first had this but kind of a mystery detective built in with a key component being an investigative board where you place all the clues and evidence, stringing them together to paint a story.  Pretty cool so far, but not sure how tedious it might be to use throughout.

Again, not something I typically would have purchased but so far no regrets....
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Gusington on October 28, 2023, 03:42:24 PM
^I loved the first one. One of the cool features was the use of light as a defensive weapon, I really loved that. Is that included here?
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2023, 03:51:23 PM
Yes, if your in light, it protects at least so far on early levels
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Redwolf on October 28, 2023, 03:54:20 PM
I hear the PC version has really steep hardware requirements.
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2023, 04:04:15 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on October 28, 2023, 03:54:20 PMI hear the PC version has really steep hardware requirements.

If you want to play maxed out, then probably...but lower settings seem more reasonable, although ssd is required for all.  Requirements shown below.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/alan-wake-2
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Gusington on October 28, 2023, 04:17:02 PM
Epic exclusive? Don't see it on Steam :/
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Grim.Reaper on October 28, 2023, 04:18:08 PM
Believe so..I bought the Xbox version myself
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: Gusington on October 28, 2023, 04:23:21 PM
I'm patient, I'll wait.
Title: Re: Alan Wake 2
Post by: SirAndrewD on October 28, 2023, 05:46:58 PM
Who in the heck is this Alan Wake dude and why is Steam recommending I buy Cuckold Chair Simulator 2023?