GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on November 03, 2023, 05:31:11 PM

Title: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Pete Dero on November 03, 2023, 05:31:11 PM
Because we also need some nice things these days :



I'm continuing my playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty.

Enjoy the weekend !
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: al_infierno on November 03, 2023, 05:32:35 PM
Robocop: Rogue City has held my attention until I ran into a nasty show-stopping glitch.  Great game though.

Otherwise probably some more Baldur's Gate 3
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 05:37:13 PM
^Was thinking about picking up Robocop...what kind of glitch?

Will probably start the Arthurian mod on Rome Total War Remastered.

Played about 3 hours of Tainted Grail - Fall of Avalon but it is not nearly fleshed out yet to continue, still early access.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: al_infierno on November 03, 2023, 05:48:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 05:37:13 PM^Was thinking about picking up Robocop...what kind of glitch?

Will probably start the Arthurian mod on Rome Total War Remastered.

Played about 3 hours of Tainted Grail - Fall of Avalon but it is not nearly fleshed out yet to continue, still early access.

When I try to go into a narrow doorway as part of a story mission, an NPC glitches out and blocks it and I can't get around him.  Movement is pretty limited so there's not really much you can do when you get stuck like that, unfortunately.  Seems to be an uncommon issue, but a few other people have noted it happening to them as well.

(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2178113508610877876/AC40958971750A9CC9971EDE8FBD714563BAB4C8/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 06:34:11 PM
Hahaha that's quite a glitch. Can you reload an earlier save or something?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 06:37:59 PM
Been playing some Robo too. Also installed the Empire II mod for Empire Total War. Pretty damn impressive.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: al_infierno on November 03, 2023, 06:42:45 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 06:34:11 PMHahaha that's quite a glitch. Can you reload an earlier save or something?

The suggested workaround is to restart the level and do that part before doing the sidequests, but I haven't tried that since I'd been playing for a few hours when I hit that glitch.  Will give it a go tonight most likely.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 06:37:59 PMBeen playing some Robo too. Also installed the Empire II mod for Empire Total War. Pretty damn impressive.

What stats have you been leveling up?  I maxed out Deduction and get a crazy amount of skill points now.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 06:44:42 PM
Empire II mod?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: W8taminute on November 03, 2023, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 06:37:59 PMBeen playing some Robo too. Also installed the Empire II mod for Empire Total War. Pretty damn impressive.

Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 06:44:42 PMEmpire II mod?

It really is pretty damn impressive.  I've played it.  It puts the vanilla game to shame.  I still have that nagging problem though with Empire Total War where eventually your save game files get corrupted and the game freezes. 

Pete that's a good song.  I've never heard of Sophie Lloyd but she seems pretty cool.

Anyway I'll continue playing Hex of Steel and some playtesting of a mod a friend of mine asked me to trouble shoot for him with Civilization 3: Conquests. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PM
Empire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PMEmpire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.

I haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:30:28 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PMI haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.

It had a new upgrade recently from what I saw on Youtube but haven't tried the current.  I'm going to see how PuA compares. 

For reference to those curious here's TheTerminator's video on it starting with 6:14.  He does a comparison for those deciding which to give a try.

Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 07:57:31 PM
Is Empire II on the Steam workshop?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 07:57:31 PMIs Empire II on the Steam workshop?

Empire Total War has no Steam Workshop support sadly. 
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 08:21:05 PM
 :undecided:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Destraex on November 03, 2023, 09:38:08 PM
This is the song that is resonating with me this weekend... Has anybody listened to the new beatles song BTW? I like it. It's less Beatles and more Lennon kinda song, but it's catchy.

Sins of a Solar Empire 2 patch has just been released. A few goodies in it to play with. Including being able to move planetary facilities like starbases together as a group to a different side of the planet. This will help with those rotating planets that are the main new feature of the game.

Company of Heroes 3. Finishing my weekly challenges in the hope that some day some more interesting things will arrive to use those points on. The camo patterns on offer at the moment are not even patterns. Looking forward to seeing what the DLC is for that.

WARNO I would say. That new city map they announced looks amazing. Been doing some multiplayer games with friends lately against other peeps. 

Who knows what else.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Pete Dero on November 04, 2023, 04:09:47 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on November 03, 2023, 07:01:32 PMPete that's a good song.  I've never heard of Sophie Lloyd but she seems pretty cool.

Found her streaming on Twitch.  She played guitar for Machine Gun Kelly on his live concerts this year (EU & US).
https://www.guitarworld.com/features/sophie-lloyd-imposter-syndrome
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: W8taminute on November 04, 2023, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 03, 2023, 07:57:31 PMIs Empire II on the Steam workshop?

Empire Total War has no Steam Workshop support sadly. 

Yeah you have to download the mod from moddb and manually install it.  It's big and takes several steps to install but well worth it.  They have a good instruction set included with the mod to help with installation.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Tripoli on November 04, 2023, 08:44:41 AM
BoC work.  Some WarPlan.  CMO work.  Messing around with "Operational Art of War IV"  and Playtesting Campaign Flashpoint: Southern Storm
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 04, 2023, 11:48:05 AM
I don't really like too much Billy Joel from the late 80s on, but I do like Downeaster Alexa.

A lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Pete Dero on November 04, 2023, 12:38:55 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 04, 2023, 11:48:05 AMA lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.

If this didn't have the name Beatles on it, I think this song would have gone largely unnoticed.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: solops on November 04, 2023, 01:31:55 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PMEmpire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.

I haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.

Link! Link!
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Fetrik on November 04, 2023, 01:34:08 PM
I'm taking a break from Cyberpunk and dip my toes into the dungeoncrawler Lunacid which just reached version 1.0.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 04, 2023, 01:42:11 PM
Quote from: solops on November 04, 2023, 01:31:55 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2023, 07:25:56 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 03, 2023, 07:13:39 PMEmpire II total war is a bit controversial in the community.  It's a compilation mod made without the permission of the mods whose assets it uses.  Therefore it is tremendously unstable and regularly ends up with corrupt save games. 

I had tried it last year but removed it after following a few threads and watching some stuff by TheTerminator that explained the situation and he didn't quite withdraw his recommendation of the mod, but put a heavy warning on it.

I'm actually going to give a try instead to Pirates Uber Alles mod for Empire that TheTerminator recommended instead.    PuA is apparently the mod that Empire II "borrows" the most from and is a much more stable and less cobbled together project. 

PuA was until recently pretty unknown and this on Discord is why it was suggested that the makers of Empire II decided to choose it for their megamod.

I haven't experienced any of that. They just released the final update for it. Seems very stable.

Thus far, its glorious.

Link! Link!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-total-war-ii (https://www.moddb.com/mods/empire-total-war-ii)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: solops on November 04, 2023, 01:56:30 PM
Thanks! I am reinstalling TW Empires. After I get the updated mod installed I WILL BREAK my multi-week fixation on Shadow Empire!
I will.
Really.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: solops on November 04, 2023, 02:10:12 PM
What I will be doing mostly this weekend is Huntin' Hogs! The Game Warden just stopped by and visited, gave us the scoop on the hog/coyote/illegal immigrant situation in the county. Will finish loading feeders an a bit and then it is hunting time. I'll head out to a hunting blind after dark and hammer the first hog that wakes me up or interrupts my Kindle-reading and then start the Empire II mod in the morning.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: al_infierno on November 05, 2023, 09:55:45 PM
It's only taken about 40k words into my manuscript, but I think I've finally found the saleable angle on the stoner noir novel I've been working on.  In another year or two this thing's gonna rule!   :martini:  :beermug[1]:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2023, 05:20:15 AM
Quote from: solops on November 04, 2023, 02:10:12 PMWhat I will be doing mostly this weekend is Huntin' Hogs! The Game Warden just stopped by and visited, gave us the scoop on the hog/coyote/illegal immigrant situation in the county. Will finish loading feeders an a bit and then it is hunting time. I'll head out to a hunting blind after dark and hammer the first hog that wakes me up or interrupts my Kindle-reading and then start the Empire II mod in the morning.

Do you use thermals? If so, what kind?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Destraex on November 06, 2023, 06:00:11 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 04, 2023, 11:48:05 AMI don't really like too much Billy Joel from the late 80s on, but I do like Downeaster Alexa.

A lot of older folk, especially my own Mom, loves the new Beatles Now + Then. I haven't listened to it yet.
I keep going back to this song from Billy. I like a lot of his songs but find his songs depressing if you listen too much. You have to be in a certain mood. Some of his songs are cheesy as well..
As for the Beatles I like them but don't go out of my way usually.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2023, 08:58:11 AM
^Same with me. 1970s Billy Joel is prime. I get lost around Innocent Man. And 'In the Middle of the Night' is just...bad. There's a reason he refuses to perform that song in concert :/

I love the Beatles but I am surrounded by people who REALLY love The Beatles so my knowledge in comparison is...low.

Al you are my hero.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: W8taminute on November 06, 2023, 09:44:31 AM
^But Gus, what's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing?  Can't you tell that my tie's too wide?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2023, 09:57:46 AM
I loved his tribute to do wop when I was 9 years old. Now...not as much.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: W8taminute on November 06, 2023, 10:30:57 AM
Yeah, as we get older our tastes certainly do change.  I get where you're coming from.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2023, 10:49:07 AM
.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: W8taminute on November 06, 2023, 03:51:19 PM
^Well when you listen to Homers version as he sings it, yeah I'm kind of turned off now.  LOL
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: bobarossa on November 06, 2023, 07:05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he (Billy Joel) wrote and sang that song just to get laid by Christie (Brinkley, not the former gop governor).
Title: Re: FRIDAY Syndrome
Post by: Gusington on November 06, 2023, 08:41:32 PM
They were already together when he wrote it. I'd be more impressed if it was for Chris Christie  :ROFL: