GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Redwolf on November 04, 2023, 02:29:46 PM

Title: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: Redwolf on November 04, 2023, 02:29:46 PM
Can somebody comment on Sniper Elite 5?

It is on sale for $15 on Steam, on the other hand it seems they are stuffing most of the content into $300 worth of DLCs.

How much gameplay does the base game have? Is it fun?


Sniper Elite 4 stopped running on my desktop. Not sure whether my desktop is at fault or the game. So if I want a sniper fix I could go SE 5.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 04, 2023, 03:10:45 PM
Easily worth $15...my favorite series and base game gives you plenty to do without dlc.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: Redwolf on November 04, 2023, 03:41:53 PM
OK, thanks. I just hope it runs on my desktop. Cover me, I'm going in.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 04, 2023, 04:15:52 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on November 04, 2023, 03:41:53 PMOK, thanks. I just hope it runs on my desktop. Cover me, I'm going in.

Can't speak to your computer being able to run it, but good game...
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 04, 2023, 08:01:51 PM
They stripped out some of the features from Sniper 3 and 4 (tripwires being the big ones for me) in favour of allowing other people to drop in to your game as enemy snipers which try to hunt you down. 

Still a very good game but I would have preferred more gadgets instead of less.  I've never tried the player-controlled enemy sniper feature as it doesn't appeal to me.
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: steve58 on November 06, 2023, 02:57:46 PM
@Redwolf, in case you haven't picked it up on Steam, its now on sale at Fanatical for ~$11 (for the next 20+ hours); and Delux version for $20.79 (for the next 9+ days).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sniper-elite-5

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sniper-elite-5-deluxe-edition
Title: Re: Sniper Elite 5
Post by: glen55 on November 07, 2023, 03:01:58 PM
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I can't see shelling out $50 to play "Sniper Target."