shadow empire 75% off gog £7.48
That's a great price for a great game!
BUMP. If anybody hasn't tried out this most-groggiest of 4x/wargame hybrids, it's definitely worth the plunge.
If I ever win the lottery and retire, this is one of those games that I'd like to spend 8 weeks on day-and-night. Managing the moving parts is definitely an all-consuming labor of love.
At that price they are practically giving it away
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 09, 2023, 01:14:07 PMBUMP. If anybody hasn't tried out this most-groggiest of 4x/wargame hybrids, it's definitely worth the plunge.
If I ever win the lottery and retire, this is one of those games that I'd like to spend 8 weeks on day-and-night. Managing the moving parts is definitely an all-consuming labor of love.
That is a good point right there. One could easily spend several hours simply playing one turn of this game due to the moving parts. What makes this game elegant is that you don't have to do that if you don't want to. Simply flying through turns makes for an enjoyable experience as well. I can vouch for that, although I tend to get smacked around by the ai for not taking some time to pay attention to detail. :grin:
Any thoughts on the Oceania DLC?? I'm "this" close to maybe opening my wallet. I figure if I finally spring for the base game, I'll have to get the DLC as well, because, well because.
Quote from: steve58 on November 09, 2023, 04:06:20 PMAny thoughts on the Oceania DLC?? I'm "this" close to maybe opening my wallet. I figure if I finally spring for the base game, I'll have to get the DLC as well, because, well because.
I'm holding off on this DLC until it actually brings in ships to the game. Last time I checked, the DLC only brings in seapower abstractly. No tangible naval units to play with.
Well that dampens my enthusiasm somewhat. Are naval units coming??
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on November 09, 2023, 01:14:07 PMBUMP. If anybody hasn't tried out this most-groggiest of 4x/wargame hybrids, it's definitely worth the plunge.
If I ever win the lottery and retire, this is one of those games that I'd like to spend 8 weeks on day-and-night. Managing the moving parts is definitely an all-consuming labor of love.
Totally agree - this is next on my list of games to get back into - I cycle between stellaris dw2 and this I'm determined to understand the supply system
Oceania DLC brings an entirely new layer to manage. Because you buy into the trade houses, it does add some vibrancy to the economy if you play it correctly. I seem to have more cashflow when playing the DLC. You are incentivized to negotiate with them because with the archipelago nature of the Oceania worlds you need their transports to cross the sea zones. Strategically you must be prepared to defend large coastlines and there really isn't a rear protected area. If the character and civilization management aspects of this game are draws for you this adds even more depth. It creates tactical and logistical headaches to overcome. When it becomes too much I just roll a non DLC world.
Excellent game, great price.
Might be the best turn based strategy game I've ever played. Worth full price much less sale price.