GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on November 17, 2023, 06:38:54 PM

Title: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Pete Dero on November 17, 2023, 06:38:54 PM

Not a Friday thread yet and it's already Saturday here!


Finished Cyberpunk 2077 so now it's time for some Combat Mission and/or Command Modern Operations.

Enjoy the weekend !

Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2023, 07:12:51 PM
Playing Mafia DE for the first time. One of the greatest games I have ever played. Sure, full of Mafia movie and Italian American cliches but really...the driving segments have me screaming out loud in joy while chugging beers...even the notorious race level. Awesome game.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: al_infierno on November 17, 2023, 07:29:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 17, 2023, 07:12:51 PMSure, full of Mafia movie and Italian American cliches but really...

Wait, you say that like it's a negative?   :TimeOut:
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Dammit Carl! on November 17, 2023, 08:21:50 PM
Like the basic bitch I am, picked up the Sniper Elite 3 bit on sale at Steam a few weeks back and am poppin' Nazi nards with abandon; the keyboard control scheme changes between SE3 and SE4 and coming off of the newer one, I'm tapping keyboard keys automatically that just don't mean nothin' with the old scheme so we got a bit of learning to get around.

Have a good one, folks! 

Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 17, 2023, 09:53:01 PM
 :cool: 'basic bitch' ha
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Tripoli on November 18, 2023, 10:39:14 AM
BoC work.  Flashpoint Campaigns work.  CMO work.  Starfield.  And getting Silent Hunter IV to run on my computer, as I'm thinking about starting a new AAR.....
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2023, 06:16:41 PM
I am upset that it took me so long to finally play Mafia, it is so very good. After 6-7 tries I beat the infamous race level. Never have I had such a good time on a difficult gaming level. Are the other Mafia games as good?

(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2247920665262584719/A7A74756BB8F8B8A6603CA154C23BCD5DB55ED2E/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false)
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Grim.Reaper on November 18, 2023, 06:36:55 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2023, 06:16:41 PMI am upset that it took me so long to finally play Mafia, it is so very good. After 6-7 tries I beat the infamous race level. Never have I had such a good time on a difficult gaming level. Are the other Mafia games as good?

(https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2247920665262584719/A7A74756BB8F8B8A6603CA154C23BCD5DB55ED2E/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false)

Bet you can't wait for mafia 4, although sounds like 3-4 years away:)

https://earlygame.com/gaming/mafia-4
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Destraex on November 18, 2023, 10:03:28 PM
Warthunder ships... a lot of fun to be had learning how to aim these big guns. A lot of the lines are now separated between blue water and coastal craft. A fair few large BBs now as well.

Company of Heroes 3. The expansion announcement is a travesty but the patch on december 5th looks like it will be heading in the right direction. I do hate though when the devs use the word hollywood to describe their move away from realistic sounds and graphics to more hollywood sounds and graphics "that pop". I don't need unicorns and pastels. It's a game about war.

Age of Empires IV expansion - The byzantines are really good. The expansion is really good... it's by the same relic that did coh3. Money talks and AOE is more popular.

WARNO - Nuff said. Still think this game is the king of cold war RTS.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 18, 2023, 11:06:27 PM
^I'll be getting into the newly updated AOE4 soon, hopefully.

Thanks for that above news, Grim. I did not even know a Mafia 4 was being developed. The best news I have read lately is this:

'Mafia 4 will be set in Sicily over the years 1890 to 1920.'
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: W8taminute on November 20, 2023, 09:13:59 AM
Fired up Empire Total War this weekend using the 'Empire Total War 2' mod. Excellent mod except I had two separate instances where the game locked up hard during the loading of a tactical battle. 

Also tried to play the 'Pike and Shot' mod for Shogun 2 Total War.  Didn't realize until I installed it that 'Pike and Shot' for S2TW was multiplayer battles only, no campaign.  Sigh...

Played a fan modification of 'El_Justo's Cold War' for Civilization III: Conquests (C3C).  Very enjoyable scenario and spent a lot of time helping the fan who modded this mod hunt down some bugs.  One that I found which is a show stopper is that at one point for some unexplained reason all NATO members declared war on themselves during a war between NATO and the Warsaw Pact.  Need to figure this out because it's not working as intended.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 20, 2023, 10:11:20 AM
How is that Pike and Shot mod?
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: W8taminute on November 20, 2023, 01:05:13 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2023, 10:11:20 AMHow is that Pike and Shot mod?

I don't know because once I saw there was no campaign game for the S2TW version, I uninstalled.

But the Pike and Shot mod for Atilla is pretty good.  It's hard but at least there were no crashes during the short time I played that a while back.
Title: Re: FRIDAY Machinery
Post by: Gusington on November 20, 2023, 01:46:35 PM
Ah, ok  :undecided: