GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Pete Dero on January 26, 2024, 04:41:10 PM

Title: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Pete Dero on January 26, 2024, 04:41:10 PM

Some WWII Combat Mission now my collection is complete on Steam.

Enjoy the weekend !
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Geezer on January 26, 2024, 05:11:31 PM
Enshrouded and No Man's Sky.
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Tripoli on January 26, 2024, 06:02:12 PM
Still judging the Flashpoint Campaign tournament.  I may do the tutorials in B-17 redux, but probably not get much beyond that.  Possibly another 6 months of my Rule the Waves 3 AAR.
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: MengJiao on January 26, 2024, 08:23:40 PM
Quote from: Geezer on January 26, 2024, 05:11:31 PMEnshrouded and No Man's Sky.

The Troop and Hell let Loose plus boardgames. 
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Toonces on January 26, 2024, 09:32:38 PM
I've been dabbling in Harpoon Commander's Edition all day. 

About to fire up Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter and/or Cold Waters with the Dot Mod.
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Destraex on January 26, 2024, 09:39:06 PM
Still playing ships. I have the HMS Hood now so the initial grind is over. Meaning I just relax and enjoy the game at any level with friends. Watched the old black and white film sink the Birsmarck on youtube. Enjoyable still.

(https://i.imgur.com/9aEFKir.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/tROheLE.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/9ppNkP0.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/roXSI7l.jpeg)

(https://i.imgur.com/w4NwzVe.jpeg)

Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AM
I watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

Fellow does a really good job (imho) bringing new-ish perspectives into the nooks and crannies of WW2 topics.

Still truckin' with my Wot/WoWs but have sprinkled Insurgency:Sandstorm into the mix as of late.  Think I'm of the mind that a shooter needs to be "locally played," with bots for me to be really get my monies' worth in terms of exploring maps/loadouts at my own pace and Insurgency does just that.
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Tripoli on January 27, 2024, 01:28:25 PM
Carl- John McManus is the historian we use for the Burden of Command game. https://burdenofcommand.com/team .  He wrote a really good history of the 7th Infantry Regiment titled "American Courage, American Carnage" in addition to numerous other works: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=books+by+john+mcmanus&language=en_US&adgrpid=1235852059302282&hvadid=77240884175106&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=86943&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-77241002675371%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=10735_13589227&tag=txtstdbgdt-20&ref=pd_sl_8rl0sn1y4f_p

Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Tanaka on January 27, 2024, 04:50:02 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AMI watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

Fellow does a really good job (imho) bringing new-ish perspectives into the nooks and crannies of WW2 topics.

Still truckin' with my Wot/WoWs but have sprinkled Insurgency:Sandstorm into the mix as of late.  Think I'm of the mind that a shooter needs to be "locally played," with bots for me to be really get my monies' worth in terms of exploring maps/loadouts at my own pace and Insurgency does just that.

Love his videos!

More Dominions 6 for me!
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: SirAndrewD on January 27, 2024, 05:14:46 PM
Still digging into Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader.  Such a glorious game and so many heretics to purge.  Huge game too, I was 30 hours in before my first space battle.


I did manage a few hours of Flying Circus Vol III for a couple of hours in VR today though.  Having fun flying the 1916 Crates.
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Destraex on January 27, 2024, 09:57:22 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 27, 2024, 11:18:31 AMI watch "Battle of Britain," via YouTube at least twice a year, and I've been binging the shit out of WW2TV while working on reports this past few weeks.  For example:

Fellow does a really good job (imho) bringing new-ish perspectives into the nooks and crannies of WW2 topics.

Still truckin' with my Wot/WoWs but have sprinkled Insurgency:Sandstorm into the mix as of late.  Think I'm of the mind that a shooter needs to be "locally played," with bots for me to be really get my monies' worth in terms of exploring maps/loadouts at my own pace and Insurgency does just that.
I actually avoid ww2TV but it's okish. They just seemed a little rushed, general and popularist for my tastes. That's just the feeling I got when it popped up on my feed a few weeks ago out of nowhere.
I liked Mark Felton stuff but a lot of that is now kinda bite sized general stuff. I think he was copping a lot of FLAK (no pun intended) for some of his stuff. He covered some pretty sensitive stuff.
TIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Dammit Carl! on January 28, 2024, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Destraex on January 27, 2024, 09:57:22 PMTIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".

Felt like I achieved something when he (TIK) finally wrapped his Stalingrad series after watching them all these years.  If/when he puts all of those episodes together into one cohesive lump to consume, even Dan Carlin will go, "damn!"   
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: Sigwolf on January 28, 2024, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 28, 2024, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Destraex on January 27, 2024, 09:57:22 PMTIK's battlestorm stuff is amazing and so does "the operations room".

Felt like I achieved something when he (TIK) finally wrapped his Stalingrad series after watching them all these years.  If/when he puts all of those episodes together into one cohesive lump to consume, even Dan Carlin will go, "damn!"   
He kind of has already.  Just a playlist of the individual episodes, but they are all together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfo5mse-ag&list=PLNSNgGzaledi9jQeOzCUtBP2pxYdCYiXX (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfo5mse-ag&list=PLNSNgGzaledi9jQeOzCUtBP2pxYdCYiXX)
Title: Re: Turn to the Friday
Post by: solops on January 29, 2024, 02:46:49 AM
Dominions 6