Couldn't find past thread, but release is may 15th
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1128860/Men_of_War_II/
Is this the online pvp one?
Take a look at the link as explains it all. Includes single player, pvp, multiplayer.
Jump into the biggest and most varied multiplayer mode in franchise history and challenge other players in clashes ranging from 1v1 to 5v5; command a specialized Battalion and find the right synergy with your team-mates; take a more generalist approach with Combined Arms or lead all your nation's units in the Classic Mode, resembling the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 experience. Take competition to the next level in Match-making and Leagues, tweak a wide range of options in custom Lobbies, or play any part of the single-player content in co-op with up to 4 other players.
It sounds and looks really good, but I know there was a lot of negative feedback over the demo. Most of the critiques I think focused on the fact that the game strayed too far from the proven MoW formula and had been drastically dumbed-down. I hope the developers took it to heart. It looks like they did, but we'll see. I'll probably get this.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 06, 2024, 04:41:53 AMTake a look at the link as explains it all. Includes single player, pvp, multiplayer.
Jump into the biggest and most varied multiplayer mode in franchise history and challenge other players in clashes ranging from 1v1 to 5v5; command a specialized Battalion and find the right synergy with your team-mates; take a more generalist approach with Combined Arms or lead all your nation's units in the Classic Mode, resembling the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 experience. Take competition to the next level in Match-making and Leagues, tweak a wide range of options in custom Lobbies, or play any part of the single-player content in co-op with up to 4 other players.
THanks. Was not able to before from where I was earlier.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 06, 2024, 07:08:28 AMIt sounds and looks really good, but I know there was a lot of negative feedback over the demo. Most of the critiques I think focused on the fact that the game strayed too far from the proven MoW formula and had been drastically dumbed-down. I hope the developers took it to heart. It looks like they did, but we'll see. I'll probably get this.
As a Gates of Hell owner, I'm not promoting gates of hell over men of war 2, but I've been unable to find any reason as to why I would want to buy this game already owning gates of hell. Why would I, I mean for serious?
I agree...its hard to imagine a game that maximizes the power of the system better than Gates of Hell.
I said that exact same thing to my son who has 300hours on steam playing gates of hell. His response was, I love rts, and if it's similar to gates of hell, I'm in.
Saw someone mention release price will be $44.99, no idea if any release discount. If true, that is probably too high for me as not sure I have ever played the series for long.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 14, 2024, 04:47:37 AMSaw someone mention release price will be $44.99, no idea if any release discount. If true, that is probably too high for me as not sure I have ever played the series for long.
You're totally going to break down and get this. Don't even try to resist.
Somewhere along the line I picked up Homeworld 2 on epic store for free. Never played it. Yet I'm somehow tempted to add homeworld 3 to my collection of un-played games :idiot2:
Wrong post disregard. Regarding men of war 2, not even tempted - only played a couple hours of gates of hell so far but unlike homeworld i'm not even tempted by MOW2. weird
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 14, 2024, 05:21:52 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on May 14, 2024, 04:47:37 AMSaw someone mention release price will be $44.99, no idea if any release discount. If true, that is probably too high for me as not sure I have ever played the series for long.
You're totally going to break down and get this. Don't even try to resist.
Not on release, maybe a future sale.
Developer did confirm pricing to be the following, although no mention of release discount.
$44.99 USD / £37.99 GBP / €44.99 EUR
Mixed reviews so far, though a lot of the negative ones have very little playtime. Seems to be always online and people are experiencing network lag in singleplayer, but bizarrely enough the devs have said this is only temporary for launch.
My initial impressions are generally positive. I don't have a lot of play time and I have only run through about 9 of the tutorial missions.
That said, a few things seem clear. Its a very big game with a lot of content that affords the player with a lot of different ways to experience the game. Generally, if you like the MoW series, I think there is a very good chance you will enjoy this, as well. I would place it somewhere between MoW Assault Squad and Gates of Hell. It certainly is not as gritty and apocalyptic as GoH can be, but there is space in the series for something like this new title too. The terrain, effects, models, etc. all look very good, although in some respects, not as realistic as what we see in GoH. The sounds are really good, but the voice acting is pretty bad. The tutorials are a mixed bag in terms of accent and language appropriateness to the nationality being played. I hope this changes in the actual battles, campaigns, etc. I have seen some complaints about the UI, but I personally really like it. I think the UI from the series needed a refresh and this does it nicely. The images representing commands are very bright and clear and pretty intuitive for the most part. I also really love some of the UI that the game has for showing line of sight, weapon impacts and effects. Visual cues that identify impacts, penetrations, crew kills and damaged components are very cool.
The action and vehicle movement in the tutorials is fast. Somewhat too fast. I understand there are two modes that can be used to play the game...classic and realism. I hope the realism mode has some impact on the speed of unit movement. Otherwise, I hope it can be slowed down, but it is not something I have explored. People will mod the shit out of this game, like they have the other titles, so I expect to see tons of user content, maps, armies, etc. I think people will create content that converts the game to many different things so that it can be played however you want it to be played. That's the beauty of the GEM or GEM type engine.
Many of the complaints seem to be over the fact that at launch, online is required, even for SP. I really don't care about this and don't see it as a reason to review bomb the game. I mean, whose computer is on in 2024 without being connected to the internet? The devs have said it is temporary, in any event.
I look forward to playing around more in the coming days and over the weekend! :ThumbsUp:
Thanks for the initial comments. I am still going to hold off until a decent sale more so because I never played the past versions much so not sure I can justify the purchase right now and not one of those must play games for me.
As for the online requirement, not a deal breaker for myself but I think some of the people that have concerns is related to the availability/reliability/speed/performance of the connection based on where they live as Internet service varies around the world. They always want to be able to play the game and not rely on a connection to dictate when they play something they purchased. Plus some people indicate the connection can impact the speed/performance of playing the game if they don't have access to high speed internet because not available in their area. I can understand those feelings but it's nothing I overly think about but yet again I am in an area where internet service has been great.
Granted, most of the other people are just complaining to complain as usual and are the same people who still complain about Steam in general:) In any event for this game, developers will be removing the requirement at some point so one less thing for them to complain about.
Quote from: al_infierno on May 15, 2024, 08:57:36 PMSeems to be always online
This will always be a deal breaker for me for single-player.