GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: undercovergeek on May 17, 2024, 01:24:21 PM

Title: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: undercovergeek on May 17, 2024, 01:24:21 PM
RPS has heard the next TW game 'maybe' Star Wars themed with the other 2 been a historical (MW3) and 40K

My 'CA may be saved' spidey senses are tingling

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/rumours-point-to-total-war-star-wars-in-the-works-at-creative-assembly
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Gusington on May 17, 2024, 01:32:43 PM
WHATWHATWHAT  :shocked:
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 17, 2024, 02:31:37 PM
Wow.  :TimeOut:
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Gusington on May 17, 2024, 03:59:14 PM
I don't know how I feel about a Star Wars: Total War...
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: JasonPratt on May 17, 2024, 11:35:20 PM
Heck, 40K would be lots more insane than Star Wars.

And I saw that Medieval 3 tease. However, 40K and MW3 are purely guesses in the article, not even rumor (or not a new rumor anyway).
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Geezer on May 18, 2024, 01:17:06 AM
I would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Grim.Reaper on May 18, 2024, 05:49:52 AM
No hesitation for me, immediate buy for Star Wars.  As for yet another Medieval game, although I like the time period would rather them try something new (i.e. American Civil War, etc.) although I realize rifle era hasn't been it's strength.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: undercovergeek on May 18, 2024, 08:54:15 AM
 
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 18, 2024, 05:49:52 AMNo hesitation for me, immediate buy for Star Wars.  As for yet another Medieval game, although I like the time period would rather them try something new (i.e. American Civil War, etc.) although I realize rifle era hasn't been it's strength.

There is some suggestion in the article that elements of WH2 and WH3 have been a practice run with 'rifle' fire for 40k or Star Wars

Having just started a WH2 campaign with the skaven and their warp fire repeaters there's definitely working rifle fire
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Grim.Reaper on May 18, 2024, 09:12:35 AM
Cool, then I am hoping they progress to eras not previously covered, versus continuing to have new versions of old material.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Gusington on May 18, 2024, 01:08:42 PM
'Victoria/Edwardia Total War' please I beg...1837-1910ish...
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Gusington on May 18, 2024, 01:15:22 PM
World War I Total War?? Delayed indefinitely?  :embarrassed:

Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Senex on May 18, 2024, 01:17:18 PM
Quote from: Geezer on May 18, 2024, 01:17:06 AMI would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.
Lord Vadar finds your lack of faith disturbing.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: JasonPratt on May 18, 2024, 01:41:47 PM
Re rifle warfare in TW: that goes back at least as far as Shogun 2.

I mean Nappy.

I mean Empire.

I mean Shogun 1.

...rifle warfare goes back at least as far as Total War games.  :Nerd:
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Grim.Reaper on May 18, 2024, 01:48:21 PM
Doesn't mean people thought done well
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: rss334 on May 18, 2024, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: Geezer on May 18, 2024, 01:17:06 AMI would buy 40K in a heartbeat.  Star Wars, not so much.

haha I would buy Star Wars in heartbeat, 40k not so much ......
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Skoop on May 18, 2024, 03:18:11 PM
Well seeing that empire at war is the best Star Wars game of all time and no chance in hell for that series getting revived, smart play going total war Star Wars.  It will be interesting to see how they do space combat and planet combat, it could be really cool.

 I hope the space combat allows boarding ships with animated boarding battles inside the ships.

 Or space battles that transition to planet battles or orbit to planet battles.

As you can see, total war stars wars will be a big feat.  If they simply cut and paste Star Wars into the total war system, it will be lame.  If they take the time to do it right, it could be epic.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Destraex on May 18, 2024, 09:18:26 PM
If this is true they will need to fix their engine so I can see things. I want these games! I just cannot see CA creating something that works well and looks good.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Gusington on May 18, 2024, 09:51:16 PM
^At least the 'indefinitely delayed' WWI game was supposedly postponed because of trouble developing a new engine.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Destraex on May 18, 2024, 09:59:32 PM
I don't see how they will do any better with Star Wars or 40k then. Perhaps they intend to do Star Wars clone wars and 40k imperial guard "wall of men marching" style battles. If however we end up with flag wars again where I see none of the action but do see a whole bunch of flags, I probably won't bite.

Remember 40k Final Liberation? That is what I would want in a Total War 40k.
Oh look I can see the units clearly even though I am zoomed out;

(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sjt3PqhU3-o/maxresdefault.jpg)

Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2024, 10:03:59 PM
^boy do I remember Final Liberation. One of the greats. It's on GoG, but I don't think it aged too well.
Title: Re: Next three rumoured Total War games
Post by: Anguille on May 19, 2024, 09:42:45 PM
Cool 😎