With Jarhead salivating over the DCS OH-58 module, I thought this would be an appropriate topic for the Friday thread.... :evil: Me? BoC work. USA Fight Club work. Restarting my "Rule the Waves 3" AAR. Valiantly fighting off the urge to purchase the DCS F-4E module, but quickly weakening.
Ghost of Tsushima, Shogun: Total War and perhaps some more Age of Empires IV Mongol campaign or even a skirmish as either the Mongols or Japanese. Assassin's Creed: Mirage waits in the wings impatiently.
Exactly! Now I'm torn between the OH-58 and the Lead Sled! It is a marvel what Heat Blur has accomplished with it. Sets a new standard for modules. The new features for the F-16, F/A-18 and Apache are also calling to me.
So, yeah. A lot of DCS and probably some Men of War II, Homeworld 3 and Ghosts of Tsushima.
Also have to spare some reflection for Memorial Day and it is also my oldest daughter's 11th birthday. Yep, she was actually born on Memorial Day. :Iwoflag:
Playing mostly Humankind and Star Trek infinite.Have a great weekend.
How are you liking Humankind these days?
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 11:08:49 AMHow are you liking Humankind these days?
I actually never played it much so far and am learning it right now. I think I have all the dlcs installed. Like all the games from Amplitude, the artwork is beautiful. I lost one game on a small map and am playing a new game on a huge map. Still in the exploration phase with two cities. Always a lot to learn with these games and I am really enjoying it so far.
How fleshed out are the eras? Do you enjoy the 'build your own faction' parts of the game?
There will be workers and resources soviet republic
Regiments, and war game red dragon and terra invicta
I'm waiting for the fixes to manor lords to come out of beta before trying that again
Having really nailed down what I like in pc games I find my back catalogue is full of games I never gave the right amount of time to so am enjoying a trip down old game lane
Thinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.
Quote from: Redwolf on May 24, 2024, 05:45:50 PMThinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.
The show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.
With the siren song of 7DTDgoing full release soon, I put that one back into rotation for a bit - just to get refamiliar with it if anything. Otherwise, the other siren song of Red Dead 2 has been heard and after sitting untouched in the library for a quite a smidge, I finally am officially rooting and tooting to a degree.
And in an unexpected turn of events, my Daughter has asked me to perhaps run a D&D game for her friends/co-workers. I said sure but via play-by-post as in my experience prior to my gaming group breaking up many moons ago, there are fewer things more difficult than grown-ups with separate lives getting together in consistent fashion for any length of time at any place outside of church (imho). We'll see how this goes.
Now, off to make focacia!
Fighting a nasty cold along with cat-sitting for family so not much time for games this weekend. Have a great one Grogs. :ThumbsUp:
Star Citizen
Company of Heroes 3
WARNO - released now
Homeworld 3 potentially - Here is the review https://grogheads.com/review/21339
Chris Roberts?
(https://i.imgur.com/En072v1.png)
(https://i.imgur.com/k6mnPKy.png)
Shadow Empire
Galactic Civilizations IV with the Warlords DLC.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 24, 2024, 06:14:06 PMQuote from: Redwolf on May 24, 2024, 05:45:50 PMThinking about driving with Bethpage air show. Very stressful driving, though.
The show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.
Might go tomorrow. Will decide later today.
Quote from: undercovergeek on May 24, 2024, 05:12:23 PMThere will be workers and resources soviet republic
Curious, how is this game? Have been tempted to pick up many times but always pause after reading conflicting information.
Feel better Slash.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 25, 2024, 02:08:24 PMQuote from: undercovergeek on May 24, 2024, 05:12:23 PMThere will be workers and resources soviet republic
Curious, how is this game? Have been tempted to pick up many times but always pause after reading conflicting information.
Brilliant, comes out of early access next week I think - I've never had a problem with it bugs wise, some graphical shenanigans but nothing that hasn't been fixed
It's a very deep city builder if you want it to be - you can play it like a sim city and click build houses and they'll build and you'll pay the money for them OR you can set up constructors and builders and workers and all the right amount of machinery and 'build it yourself' importing the steel and bricks and prefab and build it that way, eventually spawning your own brick factories and gravel quarries and cutting the import amounts - same with railways, lay the tracks and pay sim city style or build a construction yard and import the track layer, steel and wood and build it yourself - it's very immersive that way and you have a genuine feel for it been your city as you've built it yourself - I'm a good 25 hours into my current game but only have 3000 inhabitants and a very low level industry because it's a game of patience building factories and waiting for all the stuff to be imported but very rewarding
I'm 200 hours in all told and that would be 400 and more if it wasn't for other games and will continue to be my go to chill out city builder - probably my first game to eventually tip the 1000 hours barrier
^I wish it had some military component. Not combat, per se, but some function in city building and management.
QuoteQuoteThe show at Jones Beach, on Long Island? I might be there too. I've got spots in the Law Enforcement section. Its much better. Let me know if you're going to be there.
Might go tomorrow. Will decide later today.
Not going to the Long Island show tomorrow, sorry. Will be couch potato and watch the Monaco GP.
Thanks Gus, feeling much better today.
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 25, 2024, 07:46:42 PM^I wish it had some military component. Not combat, per se, but some function in city building and management.
Like a military base or airfield
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 11:19:22 AMHow fleshed out are the eras? Do you enjoy the 'build your own faction' parts of the game?
As you know, i am slow and old. I am still only in the seconde era of my second game, so very early. Building your own faction is fun so far. Will give you more impressions once i move further in history.
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2024, 09:50:22 AMGhost of Tsushima, Shogun: Total War and perhaps some more Age of Empires IV Mongol campaign or even a skirmish as either the Mongols or Japanese. Assassin's Creed: Mirage waits in the wings impatiently.
Star Citizen and Grey Zone Warfare and 1:600 ironclads with little trees on the muddy banks of a tiny Mississippi.