GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: steve58 on June 07, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Title: Friday Night Lili
Post by: steve58 on June 07, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Always loved this song.  God Bless those who lost their lives in WWII to preserve our freedom.

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/article/lili-marlene/

...and the English version by Vera Lynn whom I'm in love with!!



Will be playing my usual World of Warships and trying out the Over the Top: WWI demo.

Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2024, 06:46:05 PM
Putting Ghost of Tsushima aside for a bit and starting a skirmish game in Age of Empires IV with a sprinkling of Field of Glory: Kingdoms, Knights of Honor: Sovereign and the Medieval 1212 mod for Attila: Total War.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: undercovergeek on June 07, 2024, 07:22:56 PM
Workers and resources - approaching 5000 pop and starting to bed in the agriculture industry - my biggest import is crops to feed the food factories and distilleries - may as well grow it myself

Some warno - building a Russian deck after always been a hind fanboy

Watched a let's play of nebulous fleet command and loved it - no speech just a guy playing, testing out the new UI and it looked amazing - if there's one game I promise to teach myself - it's this 
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Gusington on June 07, 2024, 07:26:59 PM
 :Dreamer: You had me at 'Hind fanboy' ... in other than Russian service, these days, of course.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Redwolf on June 07, 2024, 07:52:57 PM
I think I will fly the RazBam DCS modules. Just to get some time in before they fall victim to bitrot.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Tripoli on June 07, 2024, 08:59:26 PM
BoC work.  Fight Club work. Update the Rule the Waves 3 AAR. Maybe some Combat Mission Battle for Normandy AAR work, where the poor 29th ID is having a bad day on the DOG GREEN beach.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Sir Slash on June 07, 2024, 10:18:10 PM
Feels like a Combat Mission weekend to me. Been a while since I fed my pixle-troopen to the Beast. Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: devoncop on June 08, 2024, 03:41:37 AM
The Errandor Chronicles and getting further into my first play through as Scotland in Field of Glory Kingdoms.

I must say it is a long time since a country felt so distinctive to play in a strategy game. Dirt poor peasantry scraping a living from subsistence agriculture and a few clay pits with a scattering of Baronial Manors. My Scottish nobility are the biggest bunch of disloyal charlatans and corrupt graspers you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy (apart from the English😁).

My cunning scheme to cosy up to the Normans ahead of their invasion has come to naught as they have got themselves into a quagmire war with France proper and it's vassals but I have almost united Scotland with Strathclyde being the latest to fall after it's Lord fled after being beaten in battle....(There are some great events) .

Now to try and deal with the Norse vassals to the north and west who have been raiding Ross and Argyll much to my annoyance.

This game is really grabbing me.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Phantom on June 08, 2024, 05:29:44 AM
Just bought GMT's Pax Romana" and in midst of setting it up (no mean feat, its a board game beast) but should give a rewarding multiple hours/days of play.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: CJReich46 on June 08, 2024, 09:57:11 AM
Okay I was going to grab Kingdoms but due to a major CF.  :cussing: I lost my phone and had to get a new one. Seriously this was the end of the week, so it was like the last two days were hell and I've been dealing with a depressive episode for some time.
Of course, this was after earlier this week getting some maintenance done on my Saab - just an oil change and AC recharge for the summer. So I was like, Okay..just got the car fixed no biggie, payday coming and...
:crybaby: "Best laid plans..." said the Scottish poet.

So I am off today. I have Emperor ROTMK - Han Dynasty "A New Capital at Luoyang" - 25CE. I might do something else I am not sure what though.


Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Gusington on June 08, 2024, 10:35:07 AM
Just the fact that you own a Saab should make everything that much better.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Father Ted on June 09, 2024, 05:36:08 AM
I spent all yesterday travelling to and from London, and whilst there watching MLB of all things. Which means I'll spend today catching up on chores instead of getting to grips with my eclectic recent purchases:

Field of Glory: Kingdoms
Police Brutality Simulator (actual name I believe Ready or Not)
CMBN Vehicle and Battle packs.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Geezer on June 09, 2024, 06:55:10 AM
Playing some Old World after buying it many moons ago and then never making time for it.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Gusington on June 09, 2024, 02:28:20 PM
^What do you think?
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Destraex on June 10, 2024, 02:02:53 AM
Star Citizen
Company of Heroes 3
WARNO
Maybe some Homeworld3 if a friend that has it is keen.
(https://i.imgur.com/irKnfM3.png)

(https://i.imgur.com/60u2VH3.png)
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: W8taminute on June 11, 2024, 05:22:19 PM
Coming late to the party.  Nice song!

I'm on a Space Empires IV kick lately using Atrocities Star Trek Mod.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: solops on June 11, 2024, 09:42:51 PM
Shadow Empire
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Fetrik on June 13, 2024, 12:50:29 AM
Fog kingdoms and inquisitor martyr.
Title: Re: Friday Night Lili
Post by: Old TImer on June 13, 2024, 02:05:36 PM
Recovering from a system reset.  Re-installing Microsoft Flight Simulator has taken me 3 days.  So I'll probably play that when I can.