GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: devoncop on July 14, 2024, 05:40:09 AM

Title: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 14, 2024, 05:40:09 AM
Well that is a surprise.

In anticipation of Strategic Command War in the Pacific coming out on the 18th of this month I was poking around the Fury Games website and found two cracking looking cheap dlc's that I had no idea they had released.

Firstly a dlc for their ACW title called : Wars in the Americas.... This includes half a dozen campaigns including the Franco Prussian War, US Mexican war and some wars involving Paraguay,Argentina, Brazil etc.

Secondly a dlc for First World War called Strategic Command Empires in Turmoil...this includes two of the Balkan Wars, the Russian Civil war and the East Prussian Hindenberg Campaign among others.

I notice they are also releasing free extra campaigns for both titles...just this week a Russo-Japanese 1905 war campaign has been released.

All very impressive.

If anyone fancies a pbem via the built in lobby of the Russian Civil War,Balkan Wars or one of the quick South American war scenarios let me know....I am an enthusiastic  novice and not played any yet   so you are likely to win !
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: Gusington on July 14, 2024, 03:52:49 PM
'Welcome to the party, pal'  :Party:
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: ArizonaTank on July 14, 2024, 10:17:47 PM
Quote from: devoncop on July 14, 2024, 05:40:09 AMIf anyone fancies a pbem via the built in lobby of the Russian Civil War,Balkan Wars or one of the quick South American war scenarios let me know....I am an enthusiastic  novice and not played any yet  so you are likely to win !

(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AP1GczP66ll3VwqBuW6eDymaBkqACK6qFINyxlzku_5f-MGhVisa2Ky7OIs-iPyOqM1iSErm_tcKew8LpbPTI8sEDALySPfjixTHcoKYD2MX_9eDqv8Mb18=w2400)

I'll send you a PM
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 15, 2024, 01:34:29 AM
Cool Larry.

Will set it up this morning and PM you the password.

Off to South America we go :-)
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 15, 2024, 02:35:27 AM
PM sent with PW.

Glory to Paraguay :-)
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: JasonPratt on July 15, 2024, 08:18:16 AM
Quote from: devoncop on July 15, 2024, 02:35:27 AMGlory to Paraguay :-)

That is the groggiest statement I've seen this week so far! Admittedly, it's only Monday, but I doubt I'll see better.  :cool:
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 15, 2024, 11:05:47 AM
I take that as a badge of honour Jason  :ThumbsUp:
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: Tanaka on July 15, 2024, 10:53:10 PM
QuoteI notice they are also releasing free extra campaigns for both titles...just this week a Russo-Japanese 1905 war campaign has been released.


Just this week? I'm confused that scenario was released a year ago? I'm always down for SC PBEMs as well.
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 16, 2024, 01:35:09 AM
I am sure you are right...I have been trying to catch up with all the free updates and dlc's and my peanut sized brain may have got confused  :idiot2:

If you intend to buy the War in the Pacific release on 18th we can give the full campaign a go if you like....good way to learn the new game I reckon. (Cue screw ups all round :grin: )

I am happy to play either side.

PM me if interested.

Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 18, 2024, 03:09:22 AM
After ferocious fighting over the walls of the Paraguayan fortress a daring cavalry raid that seized the primary supply town of the Brazilian/Argentine aggressors ! (A very unexpected sudden death victory v Larry in our pbem)

Glory to Paraguay indeed

 :beermug[1]:  :beermug[1]:  :beermug[1]:  :beermug[1]:

Now to eagerly await the Pacific War release today....There have been some tweaks to naval warfare which combined with the huge map I think will possibly allow some very interesting naval warfare elements)
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: Tanaka on July 18, 2024, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: devoncop on July 16, 2024, 01:35:09 AMI am sure you are right...I have been trying to catch up with all the free updates and dlc's and my peanut sized brain may have got confused  :idiot2:

If you intend to buy the War in the Pacific release on 18th we can give the full campaign a go if you like....good way to learn the new game I reckon. (Cue screw ups all round :grin: )

I am happy to play either side.

PM me if interested.



I have bought and am enjoying it. There are a lot of changes. Yes we can stumble in together will PM you!
Title: Re: Strategic Command dlc's
Post by: devoncop on July 19, 2024, 12:58:44 AM
PM sent back to you.

Let me know the password and I await with trepidation the Japanese onslaught !