GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:13:05 AM

Title: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:13:05 AM
The Danish National Symphony Orchestra performing "the Good, the Bad and the Ugly" theme


Me?  BoC work.  Fight Club Work.  Rule the Waves 3 AAR.  And some moves in a WARPLAN game with Nelmsm.  Once we get abot 3 game months in the game, I'll start posting an AAR with it.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Jarhead0331 on July 19, 2024, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:13:05 AMOnce we get abot 3 game months in the game, I'll start posting an AAR with it.

How about if you send it to me and we publish it on the main page?  :notworthy:
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:58:03 AM
While I can't speak for Nelmsn, we had been discussing doing a joint AAR, so we can probably work something out.  I've been drafting something up.  I'll reach out to him and see if we can come up with something.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: steve58 on July 19, 2024, 09:33:26 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:13:05 AMThe Danish National Symphony Orchestra performing "the Good, the Bad and the Ugly" theme


Me?  BoC work.  Fight Club Work.  Rule the Waves 3 AAR.  And some moves in a WARPLAN game with Nelmsm.  Once we get abot 3 game months in the game, I'll start posting an AAR with it.
Nice touch including a hanging man. :ThumbsUp:

Probably just going to be WoWS for me.  I picked up 5 free ships (4 BBs, 1 DD) during their recent UEFA EURO 2024 promo without knowing anything about 'football'.  Gonna have to learn to play some BBs.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Redwolf on July 19, 2024, 10:08:17 AM
I'll be an IL-2 weekend I think.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 19, 2024, 12:19:27 PM
Continuing with AssCreed: Mirage...it's ok. Learning a lot about the Abbasids and 9th century Baghdad. I don't like this game's mechanics compared to AssCreed Origins, Odsyssey or Valhalla but at least I can travel on a camel.

As a palette cleanser I am going to start a campaign of Attila Total War with a Byzantine campaign mod.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on July 19, 2024, 04:34:40 PM
Still joyfully working through the backlog - I have clocked 253 hours in workers and resources now, and looking to break out of the first town area and expand horizons

I was taken by the urge to start a xcom2 long war 2 campaign so I am about 9 missions into that

Nebulous fleet command still calls me so it might be time to do the tutorials for the 15th time

Edit - we're in the AAR section if it matters
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 19, 2024, 04:34:40 PMStill joyfully working through the backlog - I have clocked 253 hours in workers and resources now, and looking to break out of the first town area and expand horizons

I was taken by the urge to start a xcom2 long war 2 campaign so I am about 9 missions into that

Nebulous fleet command still calls me so it might be time to do the tutorials for the 15th time

Edit - we're in the AAR section if it matters

Damn-I must be getting old. I swear I put this in the "Computer" section. :embarrassed:
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: bobarossa on July 19, 2024, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 19, 2024, 04:34:40 PMStill joyfully working through the backlog - I have clocked 253 hours in workers and resources now, and looking to break out of the first town area and expand horizons

I was taken by the urge to start a xcom2 long war 2 campaign so I am about 9 missions into that

Nebulous fleet command still calls me so it might be time to do the tutorials for the 15th time

Edit - we're in the AAR section if it matters

Damn-I must be getting old. I swear I put this in the "Computer" section. :embarrassed:
Well you mentioned doing AAR's this weekend so it's sorta appropriate!

Playing Hex of Steel while avoiding playing the games I bought in the Steam Summer sale  :idiot2:
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: W8taminute on July 19, 2024, 09:37:43 PM
Waging war against the Gorn's and the Romulans as the Cardassians in the Star Trek mod for Space Empires IV.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Sir Slash on July 19, 2024, 09:46:50 PM
Tidying-up some minor quests in Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Have a great weekend Grogs.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: undercovergeek on July 19, 2024, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on July 19, 2024, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 19, 2024, 04:34:40 PMStill joyfully working through the backlog - I have clocked 253 hours in workers and resources now, and looking to break out of the first town area and expand horizons

I was taken by the urge to start a xcom2 long war 2 campaign so I am about 9 missions into that

Nebulous fleet command still calls me so it might be time to do the tutorials for the 15th time

Edit - we're in the AAR section if it matters

Damn-I must be getting old. I swear I put this in the "Computer" section. :embarrassed:

Pfft I did a whole 'FRIDAY' post last week and sent it - never happened

No idea what I pressed or where it went
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: solops on July 19, 2024, 10:22:14 PM
Shadow Empire 1.26g beta
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: nelmsm on July 19, 2024, 10:43:13 PM
Well girlfriend is working all weekend so it will be my usual PBEM games, playtesting, some 1914 Nacht Paris on the table, and A Most Fearful Sacrifice solo on Vassal in preparation for a HTH game with my gaming group the following weekend.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Destraex on July 19, 2024, 11:20:39 PM
Scourge of War Remastered (new terrain)
Company of Heroes 3 (new patch)
Star Citizen
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Tanaka on July 20, 2024, 03:43:40 AM
SC War in the Pacific. Really liking the new changes. Finally some naval tweaks.

Dominions 6 MP games. Chaos diplomacy.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: devoncop on July 20, 2024, 10:46:15 AM
Still trying to get my second successful run on Slay the Spire....that game is dopamine.

Starting a MP game with Tanaka of Strategic Command War
Pacific.

Revisiting Pillars of Eternity having run into a wall with a difficulty spike in Baldurs Gate 3 and really enjoying it....Hoping I can get further than my first couple of attempts despite it being the dreaded "real time with pause" again   :hair:
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: bobarossa on July 23, 2024, 09:08:55 AM
Well instead of playing Hex of Steel all weekend I broke down and started playing Mankind (bought at Steam Summer Sale).  Enjoying it so far.  This is NOT a Civ clone.  Mechanics are much different and seem more complicated (although that may be due to me playing Civ1 through 5 for thousands of hours).

Played into the Classical Era and may restart now that I have a tentative grasp on the mechanics of the game.  Only recently discovered you could build a 'mine' on a strategic material location without having your city near it.  Still has to be within your territory.
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Rayfer on July 23, 2024, 09:55:36 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on July 23, 2024, 09:08:55 AMWell instead of playing Hex of Steel all weekend I broke down and started playing Mankind (bought at Steam Summer Sale).  Enjoying it so far.  This is NOT a Civ clone.  Mechanics are much different and seem more complicated (although that may be due to me playing Civ1 through 5 for thousands of hours).

Played into the Classical Era and may restart now that I have a tentative grasp on the mechanics of the game.  Only recently discovered you could build a 'mine' on a strategic material location without having your city near it.  Still has to be within your territory.

I got Mankind during the recent Steam sale and got a refund after a couple hours of play.  I just couldn't get into it.  I agree with you that some of the mechanics are overly complicated.  Or maybe it was just my 73 year old brain not wanting to deal with it.  :huh:  :undecided:  :idiot2:
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: bobarossa on July 23, 2024, 09:59:22 AM
Well I couldn't be bothered with doing the tutorials but my brain is only 68 years old!
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: matt3916 on July 23, 2024, 08:26:13 PM
I did a search on Steam for "mankind" (without the quotation marks) and didn't see anything that looked like a 4X.

What should I type in the Steam search bar to find the game you folks are talking about?
Title: Re: The Good, the Bad and the FRIDAY
Post by: Gusington on July 23, 2024, 08:56:21 PM
Humankind?

(https://media.bleacherreport.com/f_auto,w_340,h_234,q_auto,c_fill/br-img-slides/004/489/448/33ad6daac2f72beb2bdd95c72c9b850b_crop_exact.jpg)