Just got a 50% voucher after 16 years of membership - does anyone know how long they're valid for?
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 22, 2024, 12:07:48 PMJust got a 50% voucher after 16 years of membership - does anyone know how long they're valid for?
That info is well hidden, isn't it! I just got my 15 yrs coupon beginning of this month, used it pretty much right away. Not for a very long time, four weeks was it?
Yeah, I think it's good for 30 days. Use it or lose it.
Quote from: Geezer on July 22, 2024, 12:39:53 PMYeah, I think it's good for 30 days. Use it or lose it.
That'll do - will spend at the weekend
The game I'm looking at is already at 50% in their own sale - you reckon I'm going to get hit with the 'cannot be used during a concurrent sale' tosh
They are supposedly only good for 30 days. However, I have on more than one occasion used a code well beyond 30 days. Just my experience.
On another note, I believe the % off applies to your whole cart, not just 1 game. Someone correct if I'm wrong.
Quote from: steve58 on July 22, 2024, 01:25:03 PMOn another note, I believe the % off applies to your whole cart, not just 1 game. Someone correct if I'm wrong.
Correct.
Coupon should be valid for one month (and the max discount is 50%).
Can you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Quote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 24, 2024, 05:57:49 PMQuote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
I love the fact that they give these discounts, but it really rankles me that some people get more benefit out of it because of the time of year they get it.
Quote from: smittyohio on July 25, 2024, 06:56:37 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 24, 2024, 05:57:49 PMQuote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
I love the fact that they give these discounts, but it really rankles me that some people get more benefit out of it because of the time of year they get it.
Guess I joined at the right time:) But I do understand how that can be unfair, would be nicer if they allowed it to be used once a year anytime, but I suspect some limitation on their systems.
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 25, 2024, 07:15:55 AMQuote from: smittyohio on July 25, 2024, 06:56:37 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 24, 2024, 05:57:49 PMQuote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
I love the fact that they give these discounts, but it really rankles me that some people get more benefit out of it because of the time of year they get it.
Guess I joined at the right time:) But I do understand how that can be unfair, would be nicer if they allowed it to be used once a year anytime, but I suspect some limitation on their systems.
I'm pretty sure one year that I clicked on the link and got the code, but forgot to use it until the holiday sale and it worked. BUT, I wouldn't suggest anyone do that unless they are willing to lose the discount, because it might not work like that anymore.
Quote from: smittyohio on July 25, 2024, 07:34:26 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 25, 2024, 07:15:55 AMQuote from: smittyohio on July 25, 2024, 06:56:37 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 24, 2024, 05:57:49 PMQuote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
I love the fact that they give these discounts, but it really rankles me that some people get more benefit out of it because of the time of year they get it.
Guess I joined at the right time:) But I do understand how that can be unfair, would be nicer if they allowed it to be used once a year anytime, but I suspect some limitation on their systems.
I'm pretty sure one year that I clicked on the link and got the code, but forgot to use it until the holiday sale and it worked. BUT, I wouldn't suggest anyone do that unless they are willing to lose the discount, because it might not work like that anymore.
Believe early on that was possible but last year I do know my code expired within 30 days as tried to use but failed.
Quote from: smittyohio on July 25, 2024, 06:56:37 AMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 24, 2024, 05:57:49 PMQuote from: Skoop on July 24, 2024, 05:50:56 PMCan you stack it on an already discounted game ?
Yes, I use mine every year during the holiday sales
I love the fact that they give these discounts, but it really rankles me that some people get more benefit out of it because of the time of year they get it.
I'm right there with you. I have never used mine, because it's seldom even as much as the holiday sales for most brands. Plus, I buy VERY FEW Matrix titles straight out of the chute. Given their strategy is to sell two-thirds of a game in an initial release and then throw out a few mods to fill out for additional $$ over the next two years, I much prefer to wait for the discounts on their "older" games.
It's unfortunate, because Matrix
makes the exact kind of games that I like. They just don't have the sort of client-facing strategies I want to subsidize. The random timing of anniversary discounts is another good example.
A free market is such that the producer is free to price goods however they want and the consumer is free to purchase or not purchase. Oh well, I wish them luck in making great games!
You get the coupon on the anniversary of your signing up to their forum ( I believe). I'm fortunate that my brother got me a game for Christmas that caused me to sign up the next day!
I think it is unrealistic to expect an outfit like Matrix to price things as variable as Steam does.
I wonder when my coupons come. I had to sign on for a second account when their captchas were broken in Chrome.
Quote from: bobarossa on July 25, 2024, 01:01:09 PMYou get the coupon on the anniversary of your signing up to their forum ( I believe). I'm fortunate that my brother got me a game for Christmas that caused me to sign up the next day!
Agreed, it's not randomly sent, it comes on the anniversary date of when you signed up on the forums. If you want a code during holidays, people can create a new account in late November or December:)
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 25, 2024, 03:15:10 PMQuote from: bobarossa on July 25, 2024, 01:01:09 PMYou get the coupon on the anniversary of your signing up to their forum ( I believe). I'm fortunate that my brother got me a game for Christmas that caused me to sign up the next day!
Agreed, it's not randomly sent, it comes on the anniversary date of when you signed up on the forums. If you want a code during holidays, people can create a new account in late November or December:)
Unfortunately it's also based on years since creation and number of games purchased so it may be a while until it's useful.
Quote from: bobarossa on July 25, 2024, 05:28:34 PMQuote from: Grim.Reaper on July 25, 2024, 03:15:10 PMQuote from: bobarossa on July 25, 2024, 01:01:09 PMYou get the coupon on the anniversary of your signing up to their forum ( I believe). I'm fortunate that my brother got me a game for Christmas that caused me to sign up the next day!
Agreed, it's not randomly sent, it comes on the anniversary date of when you signed up on the forums. If you want a code during holidays, people can create a new account in late November or December:)
Unfortunately it's also based on years since creation and number of games purchased so it may be a while until it's useful.
Have to start at some point and getting something off better than nothing off:)
If you don't own them, the Combat Mission series is 50% off now. Combine that with your anniversary coupon, and you would be getting some outstanding games very cheaply
Quote from: Tripoli on July 25, 2024, 06:38:34 PMIf you don't own them, the Combat Mission series is 50% off now. Combine that with your anniversary coupon, and you would be getting some outstanding games very cheaply
Unless you need the Mac version...
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 25, 2024, 11:02:13 AMIt's unfortunate, because Matrix makes the exact kind of games that I like. They just don't have the sort of client-facing strategies I want to subsidize. The random timing of anniversary discounts is another good example.
A free market is such that the producer is free to price goods however they want and the consumer is free to purchase or not purchase. Oh well, I wish them luck in making great games!
Honestly I seem to recall they were much better before Slitherine took over. That's when I noticed a difference in they're marketing and selling "bits of games" followed up by other purchasable content.