GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: Redwolf on September 29, 2024, 04:44:26 PM

Title: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on September 29, 2024, 04:44:26 PM
I'm not anymore, but maybe I'll go back to Assetto Corsa when EVO releases in January.

Tomorrow morning at 08:00 eastern there will be a preview show of some sort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uOkigs9hnY

I never sold my rather high end pedals and steering wheel (to finance flight gear) because I wanted to wait for Assetto Corsa 2. I just don't know whether I wait to play it or to chip in on the higher demand for gear when it's out :-)

Nobody has any idea whether the insane modding ability will come back (AC Competitione didn't have it). But I am kind of looking forward to tweaking suspensions again.
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: rss334 on September 29, 2024, 04:52:23 PM
I enjoy VR racing and own AC, project cars, and a few others. Not in to MP racing rather just enjoying driving against the AI.  Found this on steam for AC Evo, that looks pretty good.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3058630/Assetto_Corsa_EVO

Thanks added to my wishlist will have to watch. Always thought Project Cars 2 remained the best looking sim but the screenshots on EVO/steam blow everything else out of the water. 

(https://shared.akamai.steamstatic.com/store_item_assets/steam/apps/3058630/ss_7530da5baa8d0d8b35ed4912968a84b1fdc325fc.1920x1080.jpg?t=1727539958)

Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on September 29, 2024, 08:49:28 PM
Looks pretty much like a fully modded original AC :-)
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on September 30, 2024, 07:05:52 AM
Well, that was a trailer. Now what? But nice 911.
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Phantom on September 30, 2024, 01:05:19 PM
Also got Assetto Corsa, plus the pedals & wheel, loved all the mods that were out there. Was particularly into 50s & 60s Ferraris. You've tweaked a nostalgia nerve - may get it out again!
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on September 30, 2024, 01:28:20 PM
Quote from: Phantom on September 30, 2024, 01:05:19 PMAlso got Assetto Corsa, plus the pedals & wheel, loved all the mods that were out there. Was particularly into 50s & 60s Ferraris. You've tweaked a nostalgia nerve - may get it out again!

How large is your AC folder?

Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: crowdrake on October 01, 2024, 08:50:17 AM
I have not read full tread, but thought id pop a line here as i sometimes play, i play with wheel pedals, but also VR supercool
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Phantom on October 01, 2024, 12:55:13 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on September 30, 2024, 01:28:20 PM
Quote from: Phantom on September 30, 2024, 01:05:19 PMAlso got Assetto Corsa, plus the pedals & wheel, loved all the mods that were out there. Was particularly into 50s & 60s Ferraris. You've tweaked a nostalgia nerve - may get it out again!

How large is your AC folder?

...4.72Gb, lot of cars I guess  :grin:


Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on October 01, 2024, 01:05:51 PM
I just checked, my AC folder is 446 GB. About 1000 cars and 300 tracks. Got a little carried away I guess  :uglystupid2:
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Phantom on October 02, 2024, 12:36:56 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on October 01, 2024, 01:05:51 PMI just checked, my AC folder is 446 GB. About 1000 cars and 300 tracks. Got a little carried away I guess  :uglystupid2:

:grin:  :grin:  :grin: You must half half the planets roads on there!
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: W8taminute on October 02, 2024, 08:34:52 PM
I've always loved racing games.  This one looks good.  Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: emmanuelle on October 11, 2024, 04:24:46 AM
Quote from: rss334 on September 29, 2024, 04:52:23 PMI enjoy VR racing and own AC, project cars, and a few others. Not in to MP racing rather just enjoying driving against the AI.  Found this on steam for AC Evo, that looks pretty good.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/3058630/Assetto_Corsa_EVO

Thanks added to my wishlist will have to watch. Always thought Project Cars 2 remained the best looking sim but the screenshots on EVO/steam blow everything else out of the water. 

(https://shared.akamai.steamstatic.com/store_item_assets/steam/apps/3058630/ss_7530da5baa8d0d8b35ed4912968a84b1fdc325fc.1920x1080.jpg?t=1727539958)


The scenery on the race track and the mountain passes look so poetic. Wish you always succeed in your career path.
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: rss334 on October 11, 2024, 07:45:53 AM

The scenery on the race track and the mountain passes look so poetic. Wish you always succeed in your career path.
[/quote]

AI bots have not yet passed the Turing test !  Did this come from a bot or fortune cookie?
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Pete Dero on October 11, 2024, 08:52:08 AM
Quote from: rss334 on October 11, 2024, 07:45:53 AMDid this come from a bot or fortune cookie?

You mean you haven't seen her movies ?

https://www.imdb.com/find/?q=emmanuelle

(https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81AA6iYV-+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg)   (https://media.s-bol.com/qwNnD4xK552/550x638.jpg)
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Sigwolf on October 11, 2024, 09:20:28 PM
The Sylvia Kristel "Emmanuelle" and the Krista Allen "Emmanuelle in Space" are pretty loosely connected...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...    :twirl:
Title: Re: Anybody into car racing? Assetto Corsa news
Post by: Redwolf on January 16, 2025, 11:14:19 AM
Available on Steam in early excess:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3058630/Assetto_Corsa_EVO/